Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeff Foxworthy endorses Romney in Mississippi

Posted on Mon, Mar. 12, 2012 07:22 PM

Comedian Jeff Foxworthy endorses Romney in Mississippi

By MICHAEL NEWSOM
    McClatchy Newspapers

BILOXI, Miss -- BILOXI, Miss. - Comedian Jeff Foxworthy made an appearance Monday, but he didn't tell many jokes. Instead he professed worries about the direction of the country and said he's endorsed Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney.

Foxworthy made an appearance at Shaggy's restaurant Monday morning on behalf of Romney, who didn't attend. Romney, a former governor of Massachusetts, has been painted as out of touch with Southern voters. The campaign is hoping Foxworthy, who got much mileage on "you might be a redneck" jokes, will help his efforts in Mississippi and Alabama, which have primaries Tuesday.

According to the introduction Foxworthy received Monday, the Georgia native has sold more comedy albums than anyone in history. But the Grammy award- winning comedian stuck to serious topics, such as fears over the economy, the debt and the size of the federal government. He faulted President Barack Obama for not fixing those problems and said he believes Romney has the solutions.

"I avoided politics for 53 years of my life," Foxworthy said. "I have been doing stand-up comedy for almost 30 and never wanted to be political. Selfishly, I wanted to make everyone laugh. But it got to the point that this is too important."

Foxworthy said he hasn't gotten too much grief back home for picking Romney over former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, who represented Georgia in Congress.

"In Georgia, I have got a 25-year history with him," Foxworthy told McClatchy Newspapers. "I have seen him put his foot in his mouth, do or say something stupid too many times. So it's one of those cases of you reap what you sow. I'm not confident putting my eggs in that basket. If he does something like that in September, then we are shot, and we're stuck with four more years of this. We can't do four more years of this. The country will be bankrupt."

There was some comedy though. Foxworthy, who made a stop in Mobile, Ala., with Romney before heading to Biloxi, told the crowd he had spotted material for a new joke in a Waffle House parking lot earlier Monday.

"In the car next to us, there's three Great Danes in the back of a Toyota Corolla," Foxworthy said. "I said, 'Y'all, somebody must have said, "I'm going down to the Waffle House today; let me get all the dogs and put them in the back of the car." ' You never run out of redneck jokes down here."

Comedian Jeff Foxworthy endorses Romney in Mississippi - KansasCity.com
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good for Jeff, hopefully he will encourage more people to do the same and get the U.S a worthy government, finally :/

Very disappointed in Jeff for selling out

I agree with him on a couple points like Gingrich, I am in Atlanta and can't stand the guy. The problem is saying he wants to fix things for our kids - that is great but Romney certainly isn't the way. If Romney wins we might as well keep Obama because it will be about the same. Santorum is just as bad if not worse and will have a bigger government, war with every opportunity, and push his beliefs into law - so much for separation of church and state.

The problem is we haven't had someone in the white house acting for the people rather than the banks, military, and the establishment as a whole. The two parties have basically become one with just one exception. Ron Paul is the only one with a different message to fix the problems of government. All of the others have repeated some of his ideas but they won't follow through once elected. He is the only one that has proven over the last 30 years that he will stay true to his word and be immune to corruption. The parties and media fear this most - someone that will tell the truth and not allow the corruption.

Romney desperately needs help in the south, he cannot relate with the people. Nobody buys his pandering and comments about the south, he probably had still never had grits. This has all appearances of a paid endorsement by Romney, SuperPACs, or someone else. If that is the case Jeff needs to come clean on that or lose lots of fans, I would hate to think that he would peddle influence to his fans for a buck. Romney has plenty of money and this would be an easy investment for him to make - more media and celebrity exposure for less money than a TV buy.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I agree with him on a couple points like Gingrich, I am in Atlanta and can't stand the guy. The problem is saying he wants to fix things for our kids - that is great but Romney certainly isn't the way. If Romney wins we might as well keep Obama because it will be about the same. Santorum is just as bad if not worse and will have a bigger government, war with every opportunity, and push his beliefs into law - so much for separation of church and state.

The problem is we haven't had someone in the white house acting for the people rather than the banks, military, and the establishment as a whole. The two parties have basically become one with just one exception. Ron Paul is the only one with a different message to fix the problems of government. All of the others have repeated some of his ideas but they won't follow through once elected. He is the only one that has proven over the last 30 years that he will stay true to his word and be immune to corruption. The parties and media fear this most - someone that will tell the truth and not allow the corruption.

Romney desperately needs help in the south, he cannot relate with the people. Nobody buys his pandering and comments about the south, he probably had still never had grits. This has all appearances of a paid endorsement by Romney, SuperPACs, or someone else. If that is the case Jeff needs to come clean on that or lose lots of fans, I would hate to think that he would peddle influence to his fans for a buck. Romney has plenty of money and this would be an easy investment for him to make - more media and celebrity exposure for less money than a TV buy.
    Personally, I think Romney is the best chance we have, especially on the illegal immigration issue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, regardless of where everyone is on this race....

See ALIPAC supporter poll on GOP Primary here....

I think it is very clear that Ron Paul is not going to be the GOP nominee. That is probably why Santorum is now surging as the anti-Romney candidate.

Newt Gingrich supports amnesty for illegal aliens and since he opened his mouth about that his surge has reversed and steadily declined.

That is why we have got to get Americans off of this focus on the President and more focused on Congress.

According to our Constitution, the Congress is supposed to have the greatest amount of power in this country.

And has it not been over glorification of, and to much power placed in the hands of the Executive Branch that has gotten us into this mess?

We need to elevate Congress to the rightful position in our Republic here.

So much should not hang on who will be President. The President is supposed to be the Executor of the laws of Congress not the KING that decides what will or will not be the law of the land as both Bush and Obama have done.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)