Jim Banks: Biden Has ‘Ignored’ Requests to Discuss the Fentanyl Crisis

by HANNAH BLEAU 22 Mar 2023

President Biden has ignored repeated requests to meet and discuss the fentanyl crisis in the country, Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN) said on Wednesday.

“I asked for a meeting with President Biden to discuss the deadly Fentanyl crisis 155 days ago and several times since. All requests ignored,” Banks said, sharing an image from the White House showing Biden meeting with the cast of Ted Lasso in the Oval Office on Monday:

Jim Banks
@RepJimBanks
·
Follow

I asked for a meeting with President Biden to discuss the deadly Fentanyl crisis 155 days ago and several times since. All requests ignored. Clearly @POTUS has different priorities.

The White House
@WhiteHouse

United States government organization

President Biden and the First Lady meet with the cast of Ted Lasso in the Oval Office on March 20, 2023.

12:06 PM · Mar 22, 2023

Biden sparked criticism earlier this month after briefly lashing out while discussing a mother who lost her sons to fentanyl.

The mother testified before at a House hearing:

As Breitbart News reported, Michigan mother Rebecca Kiessling testified before the U.S. House this week about how the fentanyl epidemic claimed the life of her two sons — Caleb and Kyler.

“You talk about welcoming those crossing our border ‘seeking protection’ — you’re welcoming drug dealers across our border!” she said.

“I don’t use the term ‘drug overdose’ because this was not an overdose. This was murder. My children got fake Percocets [pills] that were fentanyl. There was no Percocet in it at all. And it’s ‘homicide,’ not ‘overdose,’” she added.

WATCH: Mother Who Lost Sons to Fentanyl GOES OFF on Cato Institute Scholar: My Kids Didn’t Ask to Die!

Video at link

Jim Banks
@RepJimBanks
·
Follow

Shameful and embarrassing …

RNC Research
@RNCResearch

Yesterday, a mom who lost her two sons to fentanyl poisoning told her story.Today, Biden laughed about it.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/stat...anyl-crisis%2F

8:09 PM · Mar 1, 2023

Meanwhile, Mexico’s president Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) is blaming the U.S. for the fentanyl crisis, asserting that politicians are calling for greater action against cartels with a “propagandist purpose.”

“They got this thing with fentanyl, that ‘It’s Mexico’s responsibility…’ Here, we don’t make fentanyl, nor consume it,” he claimed.

WATCH: Father Details Tragic Fentanyl Death of 15-Year-Old Son

Video at link.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/22/jim-banks-biden-has-ignored-requests-discuss-fentanyl-crisis/