Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judge to sentence illegal aliens in KY

Please contact this judge and ask for a sentence at the upper end of the guidlines.

U.S. District Court
    Eastern District of Kentucky
    Judge David L. Bunning
    35 W 5th St., Rm. 410
    Covington, Ky 41011

Re.: Guilty Pleas in the Northern KY home building industry

Alfredo Medina-Mejia, 35, and Leopoldo Medina, 27, both pleaded guilty to a single count of harboring illegal immigrants for commercial advantage. They said they knew the workers were in the United States illegally. They have agreed to cooperate with the government's investigation, and will testify against others - including Robert Pratt, if necessary. U.S. District Judge David Bunning will sentence the men on Nov. 17. Until then, they remain free on bond.

In their plea agreements, worked out with Asst. U.S. Attorney – Bob McBride, both men admitted they are Mexican citizens who also are in the United States illegally. The two men will be sentenced under the federal sentencing guidelines, which in their cases - calls for a sentence of about 12 to 18 months.

I urge the judge to give these two men serious jail time. I realize they pleaded guilty and are willing to testify against Robert Pratt, but please sentence them at the upper end of the guidelines. They are in this country illegally and are the link pins between the illegal laborers and the corrupt business owners / managers.

I realize the case against Robert Pratt and the supervisors for Fischer Homes is still undecided. Should any of these defendants be judged guilty, please sentence them to the most serious jail time. Business owners must be made to realize there are consequences to their illegal actions. A mere slap on the wrist and a stiff fine, simply aren’t severe enough. Please make examples of any business owners that are found guilty. The nature of these crimes is very serious and it is detrimental to America’s core values. A lengthy prison sentence is required !
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Google the following for more details:
    · 80 arrested after probe, the Cincinnati Post, May 10, 2006
    · Illegal workers an open secret, the Cincinnati Post, May 13, 2006
    · 2 admit hiring illegal workers for N. Ky jobs, the Cincinnati Post, July 8, 2006

MW
    In their plea agreements, worked out with Asst. U.S. Attorney – Bob McBride, both men admitted they are Mexican citizens who also are in the United States illegally. The two men will be sentenced under the federal sentencing guidelines, which in their cases - calls for a sentence of about 12 to 18 months.
    Has anyone checked on these folks recently? They are probably half way to Mexico by now. Why would they be released on bail? I would certainly think they were a flight risk, especially since they are facing prison and later deporation. Some things just never cease to amaze me.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mark yr calendar for Nov. 17 sentencing

Has anyone checked on these folks recently? They are probably half way to Mexico by now. Why would they be released on bail? I would certainly think they were a flight risk, especially since they are facing prison and later deporation. Some things just never cease to amaze me. [/quote]

MW
    I guess we will find out on Nov. 17. They either show up for sentencing or not. We can call Asst. U.S. Attorney Bob McBride.

My guess is they will show up in North Carolina under new names. New stolen names that is.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/ne ... 028647.htm

Posted on Thu, Nov. 16, 2006

Judge dismisses charges in illegal immigrant case

Associated Press

COVINGTON, Ky. - A federal judge dismissed charges against five supervisors for a northern Kentucky home builder who were accused of hiring illegal immigrants.

U.S. District Judge David Bunning dismissed the charges Wednesday after prosecutors said a key witness disappeared. Bunning told Assistant U.S. Attorney Bob McBride the charges could be refiled if the witness was found and returned to Kentucky.

The action came two days after Bunning had set a trial date of Nov. 27.

In May, federal agents raided several Fischer Homes worksites in Boone County and arrested nearly 100 people. Most were Mexican or Central American nationals who were charged with being in the United States illegally. Most pleaded guilty to that misdemeanor charge and were deported.

The five Fischer Homes supervisors - Timothy Copsy, Douglas Witt, William Allison, Ronald Vanlandingham and David Schroeder - were charged with conspiring to harbor illegal immigrants.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    COVINGTON, Ky. - A federal judge dismissed charges against five supervisors for a northern Kentucky home builder who were accused of hiring illegal immigrants.

U.S. District Judge David Bunning dismissed the charges Wednesday after prosecutors said a key witness disappeared. Bunning told Assistant U.S. Attorney Bob McBride the charges could be refiled if the witness was found and returned to Kentucky.
    You've got to be kidding me!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW

You've got to be kidding me!
    Could it be the "key witness" was one of the illegals who agreed to testify to avoid deportation? I wonder.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)