Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdee
    I just contacted our traitorous Texas governor asking that a similar law be passed in Texas. I am not holding my breath after his remarks in Mexico City a few days ago. I am very happy for Arizona. Always wanted to see Arizona...maybe it is time for a change.
    Oh Texasdee, we tried to get a law like this passed last year but the 11 Senate Democrats blocked it. It had passed the House. The districts in the articles about voter fraud are where those about half of those Senate Democrats are elected from.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=64782

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=64987

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=64586

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=64369

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=62476
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't understand why this is even an issue! One of the sacred rights you get when you become a Citizen is to be able to Vote! yet there are States that allow illegals to vote!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdee
    I just contacted our traitorous Texas governor asking that a similar law be passed in Texas. I am not holding my breath after his remarks in Mexico City a few days ago. I am very happy for Arizona. Always wanted to see Arizona...maybe it is time for a change.

That's what we said.....but, we're heading out

I am all for other states implementing Voter ID laws. We need to preserve that process and I truly believe that if rampant voter fraud was eliminated, there are many, many holding office who would not be there, and it will be key to keeping others not acting in our best interests out of office.

It might also be something worth pursuing as law at the Federal Level
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    The law requires people to show proof of citizenship when registering to vote, as well as legal ID when casting a ballot.
    This is just plain common sense and should be expected to be in place. But it's fairly plain that these groups push to have it repealed because it would take away their ability to manipulate elections. Without fraud some people would never win an election. In Tn., over 300 dead people voted for one candidate in the last legislative election. Was it just a coincidence that her family owed a FUNERAL HOME???!! (Her brother was kicked out of the Senate for taking bribes. He was sentenced yesterday to 5 1/2 years in prison.) The election was thrown out. Wanna guess which party??? Why is it only liberal democrats who oppose these laws and rules???

Everybody in TN has to show an ID, regardless of age, to buy beer or any alcoholic beverage, but NOT to vote.

Citizens who are interested in promoting good government must get involved in this process. It is not some mysterious procedure that can only be known by those who work in the court house. Everyone should be a watch dog.

The custodian of the voter's list is required to periodically publish the list. The rules for publication vary from state to state, but the method can be found by searching through Google. Some states require publishing the list in a newspaper having a general circulation in the county. Others allow for publication by posting it in a public place at the courthouse. If names are on the list that are known to be ineligible, contact the administrator of the voting registrars. If that fails, contact the district attorney of the county.

Use this link to find TN voting laws. Go to elections, 2-6-101.

http://michie.lexisnexis.com/tennessee/ ... -h.htm&cp=

A victory for common sense. Let's hope that the usual suspects such as MALDEF don't prevail on appeal.

Good move AZ! If only we had something like that in Cali, it could really help.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

I emailed my governator asking for similar legislation.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Hey...don't forget Nevada....we are really suffering here...
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Proof of Citizenship to vote

Well proof of citizenship to vote; ummm common sense must be getting contagious.

The Judge ruled correctly; my son who just received his driver's permit had to go with a picture ID; a social security card and his original birth certificate to get a drivers permit; which in time will become a driver's license. The gateway to ID today in the United States. He also had to pay a eight five dollars for the privilege.

So I don't want to hear claims of its a hardship for the poor or its prejudice; nonsense you must provide ID in everyday dealings. Its the way it has always been and should be. Such as enrollment for school; he needed his vaccinations report from his doctor; his SSN again and a birth certificate to enroll. You need them for passports also.

I don't understand how illegals get through all this without fraud or they are given these rights by states that have no clue to obeying the laws or the negative effects they cause.
    Medical care insurance before you get that you must provide a SSN number and other relevant information. Nothing is free and it all cost us to get these; we are all being treated the same.

Being that elections are becoming very close in some area's and to safe guard that only Americans are voting it's more then common sense; it ensures that democracy is actually taking place. We don't want dead people voting and we don't want other fraud. Especially foreign nationals who have no business or right to vote effecting election outcomes. That in itself is illegal.

"A federal judge ruled today that key parts of an Arizona law requiring proof of citizenship to vote are constitutional and don't violate federal or state law." Judge Roslyn Silver ruled like a true judge should; for the law of what is right.

16-101. Qualifications of registrant; definition

A. Every resident of the state is qualified to register to vote if he:

1. Is a citizen of the United States.

2. Will be eighteen years of age or more on or before the date of the regular general election next following his registration.

3. Will have been a resident of the state twenty-nine days next preceding the election, except as provided in section 16-126.

4. Is able to write his name or make his mark, unless prevented from so doing by physical disability.

5. Has not been convicted of treason or a felony, unless restored to civil rights.

6. Has not been adjudicated an incapacitated person as defined in section 14-5101.

B. For purposes of this title, "resident" means an individual who has actual physical presence in this state, or for purposes of a political subdivision actual physical presence in the political subdivision, combined with an intent to remain. A temporary absence does not result in a loss of residence if the individual has an intent to return following his absence. An individual has only one residence for purposes of this title.
    Link to Aizona's voting laws.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ArizonaRevisedStatutes.asp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast