Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kanjorski still seeks answers on illegals’ release

BY JILL WHALEN
    STAFF WRITER
    Published: Sunday, October 19, 2008 4:16 AM EDT
    U.S. Rep. Paul E. Kanjorski, D-11, fired off another letter to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement last week, letting the federal agency know that he believes it lacks a consistent policy for detaining and transporting illegal immigrants held in local or state police custody.

In the letter, the second he’s written to the agency following a July 25 incident in which nine illegal immigrants were released from police custody in Beaver Meadows, the congressman calls for ICE to develop a policy — or have one mandated by Congress.

Hazleton Mayor Lou Barletta, who is challenging Kanjorski for his congressional seat, also thinks there should be a change in the way illegal immigration issues are addressed.

As for the most recent letter, Kanjorski also asks officials to clarify how it responded to the local incident, as he has since received conflicting accounts from ICE and the Beaver Meadows Police Department.

Kanjorski initially sent a letter to ICE Assistant Secretary Julie Meyers in August questioning why the agency did not take “appropriate actionâ€
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Ohhh Boy, Kanjorski is tough on illegal immigration!!!
    Believe that one and I have some swamp land in Arizona I want to sell you!
    Just a couple years ago he wrote some editorials for the Scranton, PA newspaper supporting illegals. I guess Lou Barletta made him see the light.

All I have to say is;
    GO LOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need you in Congress.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Yes i do believe Barletta has him alittle worried.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Read this about our buddy kanjorski;

Kanjorski backs out of Monroe County NAACP forum at last second
    Thursday, October 16, 2008

Kanjorski spokesman says a press release scared incumbent away

East Stroudsburg, PA -- The NAACP of Monroe County was set to host a forum featuring Congressman Paul Kanjorski and Mayor Lou Barletta. The event was set to begin at 7 p.m.

At 6:50 p.m., Joe Werner, campaign manager for Congressman Kanjorski, arrived on the campus of East Stroudsburg University to inform the group the Paul Kanjorski would not be showing up for the debate.

The explanation Mr. Werner gave was that a press release issued earlier in the day intimidated the incumbent congressman and “he did not want to come here and get beat up.â€

I've noticed Kanjo's changing stance on illegal immigration, too.

GRRR.

There's NO integrity left in Congress. It's so sad.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

His stance only "changed" because his neck is on the line. Check his past votes at numbersusa, that says it all.
    What really galls me is a local newspaper running a story entitled "Barletta, Kanjorski have similar views on immigration"
    If that ain't a load of BS, nothing is.
    We'll see on Nov. 4th.

GO LOU!!!!

[quote]
    At 6:50 p.m., Joe Werner, campaign manager for Congressman Kanjorski, arrived on the campus of East Stroudsburg University to inform the group the Paul Kanjorski would not be showing up for the debate.

The explanation Mr. Werner gave was that a press release issued earlier in the day intimidated the incumbent congressman and “he did not want to come here and get beat up.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)