Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Karl Rove Says We Can't Keep The Illegal Immigrants Out

Please see the video at the link.

http://www.kxmc.com/getARticle.asp?ArticleId=73847

Karl Rove Says We Can�t Keep The Illegal Immigrants Out
    Dec 5 2006 9:05PM
    http://sayanythingblog.com/index.php
    Watch it and weep.

Personally, I couldn’t disagree with Rove on this point more. We can have a secure border.

I suspect that Rove’s statement is based more on political considerations than policy considerations. The illegal immigration issue has Republicans between a rock and a hard place. Business interests want access to cheap labor, and the GOP would certainly like to keep itself in the good graces of the growing Hispanic voting bloc in this country, but the Republican base wants border enforcement for national security reasons, among other things.

What some Republicans - like Rove and the President - have chosen to do is try to convince Americans that stopping illegal immigration (or even just deporting the illegals who are in this country already) is an impossibility. Because if the secure borders crowd begins to feel that truly secure borders are an impossibility they’ll be more open to solutions like the President’s amnesty guest worker program.

The truth is that we could reach a much better situation then we’re in now with illegal immigration through three simple steps:

Build a fence along the border, complete with “virtual fence” components like sensors and cameras in addition to actual physical barriers.

Empower local law enforcement (municipal P.D., highway patrol, etc.) to detain illegal immigrants until they can be turned over to federal authorities and encourage law enforcement offices to arrest illegals when they’re found (some sort of incentive program from the feds for bringing in illegals would be good).

Streamline the legal immigration process as well as the deportation process for illegal immigrants so that getting into this country legally is easier while getting those here illegally out is easier as well.

If we did these three things I believe that within five years not only would we see fewer illegals coming across the border we’d also see the overall population of illegal immigrants in the country shrink.
    Sadly, though, it seems like far too many people are buying into the myths (like “we can’t secure the border” and “we can’t deport 12 million people") perpetuated by Rove and others on the right and left.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They already have a very good track record of propoganizing a percentage of the American people...there are still nutbags that believe saddam had something to do with 9-11 because of bushs doublespeak machine.
    And as un-believable as it is, after all the shenanigans and pure ineptness this administration has displayed, bush still has almost 40% of the public in his pocket.

Along with the 3 things listed above, I think a very important step is to punish any person or corporation that hires or houses them. Let them self -deport.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

Streamline the legal immigration process... so that getting into this country legally is easier...
    Ok, part of this quote is a little scary. I'm not for streamlining the entry process, until we have cured the illegal entry process. It's estimated that half of all illegal aliens started out with legal status only to go out of status. Yes, lets invite more people in as guestworkers one day, illegal aliens the next.

Kay Bailey Hutchison, I'm talking to you about your crazy Pence plan. I know what you are up to and it's amnesty.

No changes to the guest worker program or visa rules, until we get the illegal aleins out of our country and close the borders and points of entry first, then we will think about immigration policy.

I'm not falling for any more congressional bait and switch. A guestworker program is a path for illegal aliens.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Karl Rove Says We Can�t Keep The Illegal Immi

Quote Originally Posted by jean

What some Republicans - like Rove and the President - have chosen to do is try to convince Americans that stopping illegal immigration (or even just deporting the illegals who are in this country already) is an impossibility. Because if the secure borders crowd begins to feel that truly secure borders are an impossibility they’ll be more open to solutions like the President’s amnesty guest worker program.

my 2 cents and moo:

The next step for the bipartisan OBL towards a North American Union agenda, is to pass and ENFORCE laws that 1) will secure an OPEN border, and 2) will secure 'comprehensive immigration reform' (amnesty for both illegals and their employers).

In order to accomplish these goals, the OBL has used a somewhat clever strategy. 1) replaced 'old' words, with 'new' words, definition and meaning, 'double speak', 2) incorporated a heavy use of repeated OBL mantra (say it over and over and 'they' will believe it). And 3) they have cleverly 'married' the two issues, (open) border 'security' and CIR, in order to accomplish both goals and certainly not one without the other.

Examples off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more words with new meaning, used frequently and repeatedly, misleading mantra: Illegal alien - undocumented worker, immigrant, 'hard working'. Amnesty - 'earned' citizenship, comprehensive immigration reform. " Doing the jobs that Americans won't do", "It is impossible, we cannot deport 12 million people" (often taken to the extremes, as in the case of Romney, "at gun point"), claiming, "We have ended catch and release" (failing to mention it is OTM only), claiming at the time, "We have 'deployed' 6,000 NG to the borders" (failing to mention they had been sent to training and would only eventually arrive on the border), claiming "We have approved the building of 600 miles of new fencing (failing to mention funding, if any, would cover much less), "We must fight the enemy over there, so that we do not have to fight them here", " I am doing everthing in my power to secure this country" evident by "we have not had an attack since 9/11", and the dispicable 'marriage' of the two issues..."In order to secure our borders, we MUST have comprehensive immigration reform", which is, IMO, nothing short of blackmail.

Unfortunately, many uninformed and complacent , 'everyday' Americans have fallen for every bit of what the OBL has dished out, having won, and continuing to win, both 'hearts and minds', with their very clever strategy. I have young adult sons, ages 22-27, who have bought into this rhetoric, hook, line and sinker. No matter what I do to try and 'educate' them on this issue, the urgency, and the long-term affect it will have on them, their families, and this country, they are not open to hearing it and dismiss me as over reacting, overly concerned, and overly focused on this issue. Why?

Because the OBL has succeeded in hiding the 'bigger picture', i.e., open borders are not an issue, we have not had an attack since 9/11 and the 9/11 terrorists did not cross the border, and the OBL has succeeded, (with the assistance, in some cases, of certain well-publicised, 'wrongful', ICE arrests) in putting the focus on the individual 'hardworking' illegal, keeping his nose clean, and doing the jobs that Americans won't do, he/she is 'religious', poor, intending only to escape the hardships and so are equally deserving, since already here, of the opportunity, just like anyone else, to secure the 'american dream'.

The OBL has far to much invested into this agenda and, so, have an urgency in seeing that laws are passed. We must have the same sense of urgency in seeing them defeated, because once they are passed, IMO long before '08, they will be enforced. I believe it is time for an anti-OBL candidate to step forward, inform and unite, with the same sense of urgency, all Americans who wish to see this country secured and its sovereignty protected.

This cunning POS comes right out and says, quite clearly in fact, that U.S. immigration laws do NOT apply to illegal Mexicans, just illegals from other countries. If you place the video at the 1:54 mark you will hear him exclaim:

"Since the end of July, and continuing to this day, every single person that we've gotten inside the United States, who's other than a Mexican, has been returned out of the country or is put into a detention facility until we can.

Woulda done my heart good to see all those people
    in that room throw him out on his fat _____ & say
    what part of 'get out' is not clear, Karl.