Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lake Worth woman killed in DUI crash had lost son to hit-and

I have to leave in just a minute, so I'm putting this together real fast. It was discovered and sent by a friend in Southern Ohio, so if I got something wrong, Mods, please delete it.

I HAVE OBVIOUSLY DONE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE LINK BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. CAN SOMEONE ELSE FIX IT? I REALLY HAVE TO LEAVE NOW. CHECK AT THE BOTTOM...."OTHER HOLDS".

Check the bottom post...where my friend found out this guy has "other holds"...I'm sure he's an illegal.

Lake Worth woman killed in DUI crash had lost son to hit-and-run
    By Christina DeNardo | Palm Beach Post
    January 11, 2009
    Lake Worth - Phyllis Henzel had just left to go to her weekly bingo game Friday night when her son, Carl, heard a crash outside their home on B Street.

In his wheelchair and in the dark, Carl Henzel made his way to the front lawn, where he saw his mother's mangled car. The person who slammed into Henzel's 1994 Mercury wagon was gone. He wheeled himself to the driver's side of the crushed car, where the 72-year-old grandmother lay lifeless.

"I knew there wasn't anything I could do," said Henzel, who lives with his mother and brother, Sean. "It was the most miserable thing I've ever seen in my life."

Authorities said the driver of the car that slammed into Henzel didn't have a license. He was drunk and speeding along the residential street, where the posted speed limit is 25 mph, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

Jose Arnoldo Benites, 19, was arrested shortly after the crash. He was charged with driving under the influence manslaughter, leaving the scene of an accident causing death and felony driving without a license causing death. He was being held without bail.

"Everybody is devastated," said Henzel's daughter Deborah Cigola. "My mother was outside crumpled like a pretzel because someone who didn't have their license was driving and drunk."

After the crash, several of Henzel's eight children and six grandchildren raced to the scene, waiting for hours to see her as sheriff's deputies conducted their investigation. Cigola called Sacred Heart Church and asked for a priest so her mother could receive her last rites. At 2 a.m., five hours after the crash, family gathered around Henzel, whose body was covered with a black blanket, and prayed.

"I made a promise to her she would always get her last rites," said Cigola, her voice cracking. "They [traffic investigators] waited until the priest got here. He walked up the street, through the shattered glass. We all just gathered around her, and he blessed her. We said a Hail Mary and a Glory Be and an Our Father."

Henzel, a widow, played bingo every week with a group of girlfriends in Lantana. Though not well off, she opened up her home to those less fortunate, her family said.

"She felt sorry for people in Lake Worth," Cigola said. "She just welcomed them into her home. Some of my brothers had friends who were homeless, and they knew they could come here."

Henzel's tragic death has shaken her tightknit family and reopened wounds of another family death at the hands of a hit-and-run driver. In 1976, Henzel's son, Lief, was walking along B Street when he was fatally struck by a car.

Friday's crash was the latest in a series of hit-and-runs on the residential street and the fifth one that Henzel was involved in, her family said. In the past few years, Henzel's car has been hit by four other drivers who fled the scene. In only one case was the driver caught.

Cigola's car had also been hit while it was parked on the street at her mother's home.

Copyright © 2009, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Read all 9 comments »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 1479.story

HERE ARE COMMENTS MY FRIEND CLAIMS ARE WITH THE SON OF THE MURDERED WOMAN:

HERE'S WHAT ELSE SHE FOUND:

Sunday Jan 11, 2009

Headquarters : Booking Blotter Search

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office - http://www.pbso.org/

Name: BENITEZ, JOSE Race: White DOB: 11/27/1989

Address:
    AT LARGE
    FL 00000 Facility: Main Detention Center
    Cell Location:M-S-06-C-04U-F
    Booking Number: 2009001811

OBTS Number: N/A Booking Date: 01/10/2009 Time: 03:43

Arresting Agency: 01 - PBSO Officer: SANTOS
    Release Date: N/A
    Holds For Other Agencies:Yes
    Warrant Number: N/A Jacket Number: 0384783

Charges:
    322.03-467 NONMOVING TRAFFIC VIOL-OPERATE MOTOR VEHICLE WO VALID LICENSE

Original Bond: $250.00 Current Bond: $250.00

Information contained herein should not be relied upon for any type of legal action. PBSO cannot represent that the information is current, accurate or complete. Persons may use false identification information. True identity can only be confirmed through fingerprint comparison.

www.pbso.org/

Good follow-up on this story that didn't mention the immigration status of the killer.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Dixie wrote:

Good follow-up on this story that didn't mention the immigration status of the killer.

Dixie
    I assume PatrioticMe may think the following could possibly indicate that the driver was an illegal:

Arresting Agency: 01 - PBSO Officer: SANTOS
    IMO, we shouldn't make the connection without evidence though. The hold could be for the DEA, FBI, SBI, etc.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Dixie wrote:

Dixie
    I assume PatrioticMe may think the following could possibly indicate that the driver was an illegal:

[quote:hd0vami5]Arresting Agency: 01 - PBSO Officer: SANTOS
    IMO, we shouldn't make the connection without evidence though. The hold could be for the DEA, FBI, SBI, etc.[/quote:hd0vami5]
    I used to live in Lake Worth ( L.W.H. class of '63). That area of south Florida is overrun by illegal aliens from Guatemala.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dixie wrote:

Dixie

[quote:3247kode]Arresting Agency: 01 - PBSO Officer: SANTOS
    IMO, we shouldn't make the connection without evidence though. The hold could be for the DEA, FBI, SBI, etc.[/quote:3247kode]

Yes, I did, MW. If it is inappropriate, please someone remove the article. I'm not here to cause problems; quite the opposite.

Hit and Run, driving drunk etc. sure fits the pattern...

I think it should stay, if another mod disagree's feel free to move it,''Great Job PatroticMe, keep watching for updates.

GOD Bless this Woman and her family she left behind...so many kids and grandchildren, How sad

............ "RED ALERT"............
    LET THE BATTLE BEGIN: "YES, WE CAN"
    WE CAN WIN!! SUPPORT ALIPAC

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=829047
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

This is easily resolved. Who wants to call PBC and ask if it is an immigration hold? 561-688-3000

Or send an e-mail via the following link(see bottom of page for form).
    http://www.pbso.org/index.cfm?fa=contact

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    This is easily resolved. Who wants to call PBC and ask if it is an immigration hold? 561-688-3000

Dixie
    This is the email address for a writer who wrote and article about this crash for the Palm Beach Post.

~'christina_denardo@pbpost.com

Someone can sent her an email at work on Monday and ask her the immigration status of the driver.

(Lake Worth is immediately south of West Palm Beach, about 75 miles north of Miami.)
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticMe
    Dixie wrote:

Dixie

[quote:18ls2ytr]Arresting Agency: 01 - PBSO Officer: SANTOS
    IMO, we shouldn't make the connection without evidence though. The hold could be for the DEA, FBI, SBI, etc.
    Yes, I did, MW. If it is inappropriate, please someone remove the article. I'm not here to cause problems; quite the opposite. [/quote:18ls2ytr]

Patrioticme, This is a common occurrence, the MSM (Main Stream Media) does not like to reveal dirty little secrets like illegal alien status. Those of us who have been here a while are used to picking these things apart to try to determine it on our own. It is a worthwhile article and story for discussion, we are just attempting to find out if this criminal is also here illegally. I know I have posted things where the status was in question, and I would be shocked to find out Dixie has never posted anything where we had to dig for the status, you did ok
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

Dixie
    This is the email address for a writer who wrote and article about this crash for the Palm Beach Post.

~'christina_denardo@pbpost.com

Someone can sent her an email at work on Monday and ask her the immigration status of the driver.

(Lake Worth is immediately south of West Palm Beach, about 75 miles north of Miami.)
    If we don't get a response, I will call.....um anybody know what I need to press to block my name lol
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)