Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LaRaza Confirms Gonzales is one of their members!

http://www.rense.com/general59/larazaco ... nzales.htm

Dated article but timely information!

LaRaza Confirms Gonzales
    Is One Of Their Members!

By Theresa Harmon
    Tennesseans for Responsible Immigration Policies
    11-21-4

National Council of LaRaza confirms that Alberto Gonzales is one of their members. Those of us in border states know the slogan of this group:

"For those within 'the race,' everything; for those outside 'the race,' nothing."

The definition of "the race" of course, is "Hispanics/Latinos/Chicanos" or whatever their current name du jour. Should a "white" candidate be a member of the KuKluxKlan or other white supremacist group, the National Council of La Raza would scream in outrage. Seems they believe that racists are only "white."

Contact your two US Senators and tell them no, no, no. NO on Alberto Gonzales for Attorney General and NO for the US Supreme Court. When candidates for office (elected and appointed) are rejected for membership in racist groups like LaRaza, membership will become a liability.

To send an e-mail to your US Senators, go to http://www.senate.gov/ and you'll find their website email forms. You'll also find the phone numbers of their offices for a follow-up phone call.

NCLR WELCOMES NOMINATION OF GONZALES TO SERVE AS ATTORNEY GENERAL

WASHINGTON, DC - The National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the U.S., today welcomed President Bush's nomination of White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales to succeed John Ashcroft as Attorney General. If confirmed, Gonzales would be the first Hispanic ever to serve as Attorney General.

"We are very encouraged by the Gonzales nomination. We previously criticized the Bush Administration for not having an Hispanic in the cabinet since the departure of former HUD Secretary, now Senator- elect, Mel Martinez. We are pleased that one of the first acts since the President's reelection both rectifies that situation and marks an historic milestone for the Latino community. Never before has an Hispanic served as head of one of the four major cabinet posts - Secretary of State, Treasury, Defense, and Attorney General," stated Janet Murguia, NCLR Executive Director and COO.

Murguia also noted Gonzales' ties to the Hispanic community throughout his career. "Alberto Gonzales served with distinction on the board of directors of one of NCLR's oldest and most respected affiliates, the Association for the Advancement of Mexican Americans (AAMA) in Houston, Texas. Moreover, during his tenure as White House Counsel, he has been one of the most accessible members of the White House staff to NCLR and other Hispanic organizations," added Murguia.

Murguia concluded, "We acknowledge that this is the first step of a long confirmation process that requires that his record be fully examined. That being said, Gonzales is a thoughtful, reasonable public servant, a man of his word, and we have every expectation that his nomination will be very well received in the Latino community."
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

He thank them for helping him get that nomination. I suspected as much, and I also know that thank you marked a beginning of a very difficult time for us. I am beginning to believe that idea is wrong. I believe the Nation is angrey as hell, and I think we could wind up in a much better place in the long run.

Of course he's one of them.Their main recruiting is done at college campuses.

Quote Originally Posted by shaw
    He thank them for helping him get that nomination. I suspected as much, and I also know that thank you marked a beginning of a very difficult time for us. I am beginning to believe that idea is wrong. I believe the Nation is angrey as hell, and I think we could wind up in a much better place in the long run.
    Shaw, it is a "toss up". Yes, we could end up in a better place, if you anger enough of the folks, then REAL change can happen. However, we can also end up in a MUCH worse place. If he is sly, (and covert), we can be VERY damaged before we can get rid of him (remember that she-man Reno??)

It is a TRUE russian roulette(sp) and the best we can hope for is an empty chamber. Not what I really like. YES, the folks DO have the power, and yes the folks DO need to be woke up. I just hope that love of this country is in enough people hearts to rip them away from "important" things, such as watching "fear factor", or the kids soccer practice. But I will not hold my breath!

H.