Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

blacks & latino neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by rickesteves
    In the 80s the US Postal Service had a push to hire more Hispanics.I originally didn't qualify as being "Hispanic" because actual Spaniards weren't on the list.I eventually was able to qualify because they had Filipino among the list of "Hispanics".
    I have 5 different groups in my lineage and I always put 'other' to which I write in "American Original".
    I honestly don't know who decided on 'the list'. On my first application for a real job, I had to check either white or black. Since then, I have seen Hispanic/Latino added. Then there was a spot for Japanese, Chinese, Korean; now replaced by Asian. I've never seen a recent job application for years. I can just imagine how many boxes there must be to check off your race/nationally. Unless, someone got smart and did away with the boxes. I'm not jewish, bit oui-vey(?sp.). It's confusing!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

BB wrote
    I'm not jewish, bit oui-vey(?sp.). It's confusing!

BB, you mixed in a little French there, LOL.........."oiu" or we-vey

Shoot, just say OYE {which is my Italian way of spelling the Jewish word, LOL}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123