Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lawmaker demands public apology for fellow Republican's ''jo

http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stor ... 0081.shtml
    April 13, 2007

Lawmaker demands public apology for fellow Republican's ''joke''
    The Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - At least one member of the Florida Hispanic Legislative Caucus has demanded a public apology over an e-mail that a fellow Republican lawmaker thought was a funny way to remind people to pay their taxes.

Rep. Don Brown, R-DeFuniak Springs, recently forwarded a cartoon from his state e-mail account to his colleagues that read: "Don't forget to pay your taxes ... 12 million illegal aliens are depending on you!"

Brown said Friday he meant the message as a joke, but it was met with a fierce reaction from many other lawmakers. He later sent a follow-up e-mail to apologize.

Brown still needs to make a public apology, said Rep. Juan Carlos "J.C." Planas, a Miami Republican and member of the Hispanic caucus.

"I think he has to specifically state that he understands now that that term, illegal alien, is extremely insulting to many individuals, and I think there has to be something a little bit more public and a little bit more contrite in his apology," Planas said.

Brown said he's finished with the issue.

"People were offended by it and I have apologized to those who were offended by it," Brown said. "As far as I'm concerned, I'm done. Now if they want to elevate it to an entire new debate about illegal aliens, then we can have that debate."

He added: "I apologize if anyone was offended, but it doesn't change the fact that there is an issue, a legitimate political issue of debate today about immigration, so let's move on."

Rep. Trey Traviesa, R-Tampa, another member of the Hispanic caucus, said he was not upset by Brown's e-mail.

"What a member sends around in an e-mail that was intended as a joke, I think it's created a bit of a waste of time," Traviesa said. "I don't believe Don Brown is insensitive to the plight of immigrants."

Illegal aliens as a class of people deserve to be offended as their presence here is an offense to us.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i'm offended by the illegals not respecting my culture, my language and the laws of my land.... so remember everyone monday is tax day 12 million illegals are depending on it.... and i do mean it. line the buses up it is time to deport.

Banned
    I'm offended that my tax dollars ARE going to provide benefits to illegal aliens to the tune of probably $100 billion per year, even while American citizens do not get the same level of care or consideration from those in our government.

The Florida Hispanic Legislative Caucus would not be so bent out of shape if this was not the truth.

I do not understand why the gentleman apologized for his statement. American taxpayers are the ones supporting huge numbers of the illegals and their families, including illegal alien children or "Anchor Babies," which cause the numbers to soar.

The statement of "Pay your taxes, illegal aliens are depending on you," is the lead statement on this flyer that has been previously posted.

Pay Your Taxes, up to 20 million Illegal Aliens and their “Anchor Babies” are depending on you.

Did you know over 200 million plus dollars go to illegal aliens here in Tennessee?

Did you know over 15 million dollars has gone to illegal aliens for healthcare, including TennCare, while American citizens here in TN were denied access according to Immigration Hearings held in Brentwood, TN under Marsha Blackburn.

Did you know that the gang MS 13, the most dangerous gang in America according to the FBI, operates here in this area and resulted in the “burned body murder” in Polk County? This gang and other gangs follow the paths of illegal aliens.

Did you know that Tennessee is listed as the fifth (5th) most dangerous state?

Did you know that local city and county law enforcement say that illegal immigration is a federal issue, yet Sheriff Daron Hall in Nashville has signed a MOU with Dept. of Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs through the 287 (g)? This gov’t program allows state and LOCAL law enforcement to detain, investigate and clear our jails of illegal aliens that should be deported.

Our City and County officials need to tell ALL businesses to use the BASIC PILOT or SAVE program to check ALL social security numbers through this FREE database.

Did you know that in 2001, our state legislature allowed illegal aliens to receive drivers licenses without social security numbers? Did you know that in 2004 illegal aliens received drivers certificates, again without social security numbers and yet the privilege to drive? They are here illegally.

Did you know that millions of Americans are the victims of identity theft from illegal aliens and you may never know? Check your credit report, your children’s credit and see if your social security number is being used. Your income level may be changed, a credit card may be opened, a mortgage may be taken in your name, vehicles purchased, or criminal activities undertaken and you may not know till the IRS, a credit check or law enforcement notifies you of some change. The Social Security administration will not tell you if someone is using your social security number.

Did you know that the paramilitary group “Zetas” operate here in Tennessee to protect drug cartels? Law Enforcement are targets of this group and anyone else in their way.

Did you know that the Bank of America is offering credit cards to illegal aliens? Other banks here are allowing illegal aliens to have mortgages and checking accounts and send their money FREE back to their home countries. Ask your bank (BB&T for one) if they accept a foreign identity such as the MATRICULA CONSULAR card for customers (the FBI says this identity provided by foreign govts is not SECURE). Choose a bank that does not.

Did you know that Tennessee spends millions on ESL, ELL, LEP (English as a second Language), teachers, textbooks, interpreters etc. on illegal aliens and their children, while American citizens and Tennesseans remain at the bottom of the educational ladder?

Did you know that you pay for Illegal Aliens to receive FREE healthcare, FREE education, FREE breakfast and lunch,food stamps, Sec. 8 housing, incarceration, interpreters, attorneys, etc.?

Did you know that Cleveland is a magnet for illegal aliens and their criminal activities? They are taking jobs, increasing crime, overcrowding homes and apartments, balkanizing neighborhoods, affecting schools and your child’s education.

Tell our Mayors, City and County officials, local law enforcement, NO MORE and to implement the 287 (g) and the BASIC PILOT.

Call ICE and the FBI to report those who hire, rent to and further aid and abet illegal aliens.
    Report Suspicious Activity: 423-553-1716 (Chattanooga)
    1-866-DHS-2-ICE 1-866-347-2423

(to read remainder)

http://wethepeopleofamerica.org/?page_id=11

Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lawmaker: Study Illegal Immigrant Costs
    Monday April 16, 5:31 pm ET
    By Bill Kaczor, Associated Press Writer
    Fla. Lawmaker Wants State Investigation of Illegal Immigrant Costs

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Rep. Don Brown on Monday qualified the apology he made last week for e-mailing a cartoon poking fun at illegal immigrants, and asked for a state investigation to determine if they are a burden to Florida's taxpayers.

The DeFuniak Springs Republican said at a news conference his apology may have been misconstrued. Brown said he intended to apologize only for offending some of the lawmakers who received his e-mail -- not for its message or use of the term "illegal aliens," which some consider derogatory.

The cartoon read: "Don't forget to pay your taxes ... 12 million illegal aliens are depending on you!"

"Illegal, illegal, illegal, what does that mean?" Brown said. "I don't understand at all why they were offended. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the e-mail."

Brown said the cartoon raised a legitimate question about whether undocumented immigrants are a drain on the state's budget and economy.

"They show up in our emergency rooms," Brown said. "They show up in our schools."

Brown said he planned to ask legislative leaders and Gov. Charlie Crist to order an investigation to determine how many illegal immigrants are in Florida and the financial effect they have on public services such as health care, housing, schools, jails and prisons.

Also, he said he would propose a resolution from the Legislature to Congress and President Bush urging the creation of a deportation program and full funding for construction of a fence on the U.S.-Mexican border.

"I would welcome the good representative to do what he thinks is right," Crist said. "Maybe he could put forward a bill to allow for more funding of such an investigation and see if we sign it."

It may be too late in the current legislative session, though, to introduce a resolution or other legislation. Brown said it might have to wait until next year.

Rep. Juan Carlos "J.C." Planas, a Miami Republican who took offense at the cartoon for labeling undocumented migrants as illegal aliens, said it appeared Brown was trying to justify his behavior by proposing the investigation. Planas said he would welcome an investigation, but didn't think it was needed.

"Let's have a debate on the existing studies that are out there," Planas said.

Some national studies have indicated undocumented immigrants, who pay sales, income and other taxes, have a net positive effect on the economy, but others have come to the opposite conclusion.

"If we can find out they are a positive contribution ... that doesn't change the fact they are illegal," Brown said.

He said he might, though, support a guest worker program such as one proposed by President Bush.

"I don't have any inherent objection to that," Brown said. "It means that we have to know who they are, where they are and why they're here, and we want to know when they're going to go back and forth."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070416/fl_illeg ... .html?.v=1
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    I'm offended that my tax dollars ARE going to provide benefits to illegal aliens to the tune of probably $100 billion per year, even while American citizens do not get the same level of care or consideration from those in our government.

The Florida Hispanic Legislative Caucus would not be so bent out of shape if this was not the truth.
    Kate, that would be to the tune of $2.1 trillion a year, for this nation! If you live in Calif. it is $420 million a year. Its hardly a joke is it, but for what its costing the taxpayer I'd say if he wants to make a joke out of it, he has certainly paid the price to do so, especially since it is our country and we some what still have some semblance of freedom of speech.

So illegals stop complaining, that is our right not yours, you are an ILLEGAL ALIEN, NON CITIZEN NOT EVEN AUTORIZED TO BE HERE!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

"I would welcome the good representative to do what he thinks is right," Crist said. "Maybe he could put forward a bill to allow for more funding of such an investigation and see if we sign it."
    Can you believe the arrogance of this dipwad who is now in a Governor's seat?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Lawmaker: Study Illegal Immigrant Costs
    Monday April 16, 5:31 pm ET
    By Bill Kaczor, Associated Press Writer
    Fla. Lawmaker Wants State Investigation of Illegal Immigrant Costs

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Rep. Don Brown on Monday qualified the apology he made last week for e-mailing a cartoon poking fun at illegal immigrants, and asked for a state investigation to determine if they are a burden to Florida's taxpayers.
    WOW Jean, I really like this Rep Don Brown, we should all e-mail him and let him know how proud we are of him standing up for his convictions and that we thoroughly agree with him. he owes no one an apology!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

"I think he has to specifically state that he understands now that that term, illegal alien, is extremely insulting to many individuals,..
    I'll consider droppig the term 'illegal alien' if they, the illegal aliens can stop using the race card and recognize the difference between legal and illegal.