Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Lawmakers may crash immigration conference

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/allh ... /83718.php

Listen to report »»

Lawmakers may crash immigration conference
    By Howard Fischer
    CAPITOL MEDIA SERVICES

PHOENIX - Key state lawmakers will try to get into an immigration summit meeting today in Flagstaff, despite warnings from the Department of Public Safety that they're not welcome and will be turned away.

Senate President Ken Bennett said legislators should not be kept out of the meeting of more than 100 U.S., state and local law enforcement and criminal justice workers. And Rep. Russell Pearce, R-Mesa, said lawmakers must be involved in crafting any solutions to the problem of illegal border crossing.

Bennett, a Prescott Republican, said he might get turned away at the door "or maybe they care to forcibly remove me."

Pearce was more adamant. "I have a right to be there," he said. "This is public policy."

Pearce, a former Maricopa County sheriff's deputy, said he does not intend to be disrespectful but he also does not intend to drive to Flagstaff only to be turned away.

"I'm used to putting handcuffs on people," he said. "But I'm willing to wear them if that's what it takes.''

David Felix, DPS deputy director, said he hopes it doesn't come to that. But he said any outsider who shows up, whether legislator or member of Congress, will be politely - but firmly - denied admission.

DPS Director Roger Vanderpool said the meeting isn't meant as a public forum. He said federal agencies agreed to participate only with restrictions on attendance, because the conference will deal with "sensitive, homeland security-related issues."

Pearce said there's no reason to believe that legislators can't keep confidential information to themselves.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If I were a lawmaker in Arizona and treated this way with "secrets" about public policy, it would take me less an 5 minutes to cut everything in the budget out of the budget and fire all those people. Federal Authorities only "agreed to attend" based upon controlling who came because "sensitive" information will be discussed. What is "sensitive" about illegal border crossings in Arizona?

Is this a summit arranged by Napolitano?

Probably.

FUNNY!! Lawmakers ready to be "handcuffed" if "that's what it takes". I wonder if these guys, the lawmakers, are for enforcing the law and securing the borders or afraid someone might enforce the law and secure our borders without their knowledge?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn