Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

LDS Church issues statement on immigration

July 19th, 2010 @ 5:51pm
    By Carole Mikita

SALT LAKE CITY -- In advance of Gov. Gary Herbert's meeting on illegal immigration, leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have issued a new statement on the issue.

Scott Parker will represent the LDS Church's Salt Lake Public Affairs Council and will represent the Church at the governor's immigration meeting Tuesday.

Church leaders issued a new statement that says the complex issues surrounding immigration are a matter of increasing concern.

It reads in part, "Elected officials have the primary responsibility to find solutions in the best interests of all whose lives will be impacted by their actions."

The Church is again asking for civil discourse when addressing immigration, noting, "Finding a successful resolution will require the best thinking and goodwill of all across the political spectrum, the highest levels of statesmanship and the strongest desire to do what is best for all of God's children."
    Related
    Governor's immigration roundtable set for Tuesday
    Gov. Gary Herbert has called for a roundtable discussion on one of the thorniest problems facing the country: immigration.

Tony Yapias with Proyecto Latino de Utah said Monday that he is very grateful for this new statement because many lives have already been affected by the release of the list.

"I don't know of any other statement in the past that's been more direct, and so I thank The Church for this strong statement, a very compassionate statement," Yapias said.

Yapias says the statement may make a difference as they approach the upcoming meeting.

Ron Mortensen, spokesman for the Utah Coalition on Illegal Immigration, said his group also agrees with Latter-day Saint Church leaders.

"We would surely encourage fixing the immigration system so people can come here in a responsible period of time. That's part of what our program will be looking at," Mortensen said. "The Utah Coalition on Illegal Immigration will have a plan before the legislative session... that will coordinate a guest worker program with our developmental assistance program overseas."

Yapias says the statement is significant in that it comes on the eve of the roundtable discussion convened by Gov. Herbert.

"I am very pleased," he said. "I hope people will reflect upon it, will think about it, even those who are on the other side... will step back a little bit."

E-mail: cmikita@ksl.com

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=11636677&nid=148

Banned
    Full Statement

July 19th, 2010 @ 5:51pm

Statement from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:

"The complex issues surrounding immigration are a matter of increasing concern and debate for all in this country.

"Elected individuals have the primary responsibility to find solutions in the best interests of all whose lives will be impacted by their actions.

"We repeat our appeal for careful reflection and civil discourse when addressing immigration issues. Finding a successful resolution will require the best thinking and goodwill of all across the political spectrum, the highest levels of statesmanship, and the strongest desire to do what is best for all of God's children."

(Courtesy The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=11636677&pid=1

I understand illegal aliens are joining the LDS so it's all about the new congregation and donors.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The LDS Church needs to get out of immigration politics and focus on serving their congregation and the lord instead of trying to thwart the will of the American public in favor of their financial gains.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I live in Utah

I am starting to think that this so called "list" was put out by the leaders to force the immigration issue and amnesty. It is just a little more than convenient to me.

The church, Burbank and Becker all want amnesty. I think they are pulling the strings to force this crap on us. I don't believe two employees did this at all. It was planned and executed by pro amnesty insiders. Follow the money and the leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I understand illegal aliens are joining the LDS so it's all about the new congregation and donors.
    The church leaders also use illegals to build their temples and mow their lawns.

Interesting that they do not ask for any compassion from their native countries towards God's children so they have to flee.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    Interesting that they do not ask for any compassion from their native countries towards God's children so they have to flee.
    That's because compassion for these people starts at the Rio Grande, essentially where the money trail begins....

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    The LDS Church needs to get out of immigration politics and focus on serving their congregation and the lord instead of trying to thwart the will of the American public in favor of their financial gains.

W
    True. But that will never happen for many reasons. Mexico represents its largest membership body. That's just one reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyB
    I live in Utah

I am starting to think that this so called "list" was put out by the leaders to force the immigration issue and amnesty. It is just a little more than convenient to me.

The church, Burbank and Becker all want amnesty. I think they are pulling the strings to force this crap on us. I don't believe two employees did this at all. It was planned and executed by pro amnesty insiders. Follow the money and the leaders.
    Pretty much. In my opinion, to create a legal precedent that can be manipulated to generate loop holes so any immigration law passed ends up without teeth. Seriously, do you really think the powers that be want illegals to be gone? Look at their actions. By their fruits ye shall know them. They don't. They're always trying to find ways to protect illegals, especially the ones from Mexico. Notice that illegals from other countries get the boot from Utah and the country without any problems. Also notice that illegals from other countries have no representation in Utah.