Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Letters on immigration, Social Security are on track

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letters on immigration, Social Security are on track

*Interesting letter in response to bias media reporting

Letters

Letters on immigration, Social Security are on track

Posted: Sep. 6, 2018 11:20 am

To The Herald-Whig:

I certainly agree with the July 10 letter to the editor stating "Liberals should ‘adopt' illegal immigrants." I don't appreciate my dollars going to support someone who has never worked. I have worked hard for my money. If these liberals want the immigrants, then they should support them with their money.

I agree with the letter that was published July 11, stating "Many support Trump's action to control illegal immigration." President Trump was elected partially on wanting to gain control of illegal immigration. People, stand up and support him.

I also agree with letter on Aug. 31, stating "Many Americans are working for country's social programs." I worked and paid into Social Security for many, many years. My employer also paid into my benefits. This is not an entitlement.
    Democrats need to go back and check into what Social Security really is about. It's not for them to take out of the funds and put into something they want.

I am not a Democrat or Republican but vote for the person. After hearing what the Democrats are doing and want to do, I don't intend to vote for any of them.

They seem to think Barack Obama is still our president.

If the Democrats want these illegal immigrants in our country, let them pay for all their expenses. Let them be responsible for those who want to bomb and kill our people.

Betty Carlson
    Quincy

http://www.whig.com/20180906/letters...re-on-track#//

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Letters

Liberals should 'adopt' illegal immigrants

Posted: Jul. 10, 2018 3:35 pm

To The Herald-Whig:

There is a solution to some of our illegal immigration issues. Please bear with me while it is outlined.

On one side of the issue there are those who believe in open borders where anyone who can walk, run, swim, tunnel, raft, etc., into this country illegally should be welcomed with open arms and allowed to stay. A lot of these people believe that illegals should have access to federal and state welfare benefits (housing, food, medical care, school, etc.) as soon as they have illegally entered the United States. There were a lot of demonstrations recently by this group demanding this happen.

On the other side are those who believe that we should have a secure border and an orderly, lawful process by which only legal immigrants are allowed into this country. They believe that legal immigrants should be able to take care of themselves and not be a burden to taxpayers. They further believe that the majority of illegal immigrants should be humanely removed from our country.

Now for the solution to this standoff. If those who claim to care so much for illegal immigrants are serious about their concern, let them sponsor/adopt a family of illegal immigrants. If they truly believe in their position let them, "walk the walk, not just talk the talk." Let them take these families for which they claim to have so much concern into their homes and be responsible for their food, housing, medical care, school, etc., so illegals will not be a burden on those who don't share their liberal beliefs.

This solution lets both sides have what they want: One side shows their true caring for illegals by being financially responsible for them, while the other group will only be responsible for legal immigrants.

Who will be the first liberal to "walk the walk" by sponsoring/adopting Illegals?

Anybody? Or is the caring, as I suspect, only applicable when you're spending someone else's money. Do liberals truly care about illegals' welfare or only about their vote?

I'm waiting to see who will be first.

Bill Marquart
    Palmyra, Mo.

http://www.whig.com/20180710/liberals-should-adopt-illegal-immigrants#//

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sign up Pelosi, Feinstein, Waters, Booker, Schumer, Graham, Elizabeth Warren, Cuomo, the Bush family, Obama's, Clinton's, Bernie Sanders, Rahm Emanuel, DeBlasio, Jerry Brown.

Sign up EVERY Governor and Mayor in sanctuary city and states, donate 60% of their paychecks to pay for it!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL