Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Like it or hate it, Trump’s immigration enforcement is failing

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by philipbrown View Post
    Sorry, I should have stated my suggestion more clearly. I am not suggesting that the federal government force the states or local governments to do anything regarding immigration. I am saying that President Trump has the power to ALLOW states and local governments to help enforce immigration laws IF THEY WANT TO. So, if the state of Arizona want to enact a law that gives police officers the ability to question drivers about their immigration status during traffic stops, they can. If the city of Farmer's Branch wants to enact a law requiring landlords to check the immigration status of their tenants, they can. If the state of California wants to totally ignore immigration law, they can.

The main reason why states are currently unable to enforce immigration law is because President Obama said that he did not want them to help, and the Supreme Court said that the Constitution give the federal government (ie. current President) broad exclusive powers to decided who can and cannot enforce immigration law. To my knowledge, there is nothing that prevent President Trump from creating a program where the federal, state, and local governments can work together on immigration if they want. But I could be wrong.
    EXACTLY!! Very well said, phillipbrown!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

For all the States that want to cooperate with ICE and get illegals out of their State...send in Swat Teams of ICE and do a sweep where they are...then go to the next State and do another sweep.

Process them on Federal Land and load up the busses and deport them!

MAKE THEM SELF DEPORT...LEAVE NO FAMILY MEMBER BEHIND!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by philipbrown View Post
    Sorry, I should have stated my suggestion more clearly. I am not suggesting that the federal government force the states or local governments to do anything regarding immigration. I am saying that President Trump has the power to ALLOW states and local governments to help enforce immigration laws IF THEY WANT TO. So, if the state of Arizona want to enact a law that gives police officers the ability to question drivers about their immigration status during traffic stops, they can. If the city of Farmer's Branch wants to enact a law requiring landlords to check the immigration status of their tenants, they can. If the state of California wants to totally ignore immigration law, they can.

The main reason why states are currently unable to enforce immigration law is because President Obama said that he did not want them to help, and the Supreme Court said that the Constitution give the federal government (ie. current President) broad exclusive powers to decided who can and cannot enforce immigration law. To my knowledge, there is nothing that prevent President Trump from creating a program where the federal, state, and local governments can work together on immigration if they want. But I could be wrong.
    I guess we can at least be thankful that the Trump administration went back to accepting applications for the 287(g) program. Obama had replaced the original 287(g) program with a much gentler and kinder program called Secure Communities.

Through the 287(g) program, state and local police officers collaborate with the federal government to enforce federal immigration laws.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12