Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Logan woman pleads not guilty to identity theft

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story.as ... 527d6c438a

Federal Immigration agents say a Logan, Utah woman is responsible for providing hundreds of undocumented immigrants with fake US birth certificates and Social Security numbers.

On Thursday Veronica Corrillo was in federal court for her initial appearance. She entered a not guilty plea to 4 counts of identity theft.

Agents arrested her after a 2 month sting operation; they say the woman would charge up to $700 for a packet of fake documents. According to federal court papers she told an undercover informant she had provided nearly 300 fake documents to people over the years.

Also in court, 15 of the 145 men and woman arrested after a federal immigration raid on the Swift and Company meatpacking plant in Hyrum last week. They all face federal Identity theft charges.

If she admits to providing over 300 fake ID's she should be charged with every siingle one that can be traced back to her.

While I am happy about this, I don't think it takes that much of a 'sting' operation to find these people.

You could probably take a half dozen ICE agents of MExican descent and they could bring in 100's in one day.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    If she admits to providing over 300 fake ID's she should be charged with every siingle one that can be traced back to her.

I hadn't thought about that... If these criminals keep records of who and what they sold -well go to it ICE.

So when are you coming to raid Waukegan ICE? (maybe they'll come if I keep asking)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well of course she is not guilty, 90% of the people in prison are innocent, all you need to do is go ask them and they will tell you they did nothing wrong.
    It's just the little things that get them in there, like the fact that they broke the law and got caught.