Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Do these companies need to register with the contracting boards? Are they paying their county taxes and providing workers comp, etc? Maybe the county doesnt even know these contractors are breaking the law and not paying their taxes?

We are all pulling for you and keeping your family in our prayers.
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

You are angry, just like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by usatime
    Do these companies need to register with the contracting boards? Are they paying their county taxes and providing workers comp, etc? Maybe the county doesnt even know these contractors are breaking the law and not paying their taxes?

In construction, most of the subcontractors pay their employees in cash, probably 75% or better do. In Columbia, 75% of workers in construction are Hispanic and certainly don't pay any taxes. And if the county or city was really interested in enforcing the laws they would have done it here a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by loneprotester

In construction, most of the subcontractors pay their employees in cash, probably 75% or better do. In Columbia, 75% of workers in construction are Hispanic and certainly don't pay any taxes. And if the county or city was really interested in enforcing the laws they would have done it here a long time ago.
    I was thinking someone could report the subcontactor. For instance the Alcapulco woodworking company. Are they registered to do contracting in the county or city? Do they have a contracting license? Are they paying workers comp? Not so much whether they employ illegals. Go after them for not complying with other laws. Just a thought.
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by loneprotester

I was thinking someone could report the subcontactor. For instance the Alcapulco woodworking company. Are they registered to do contracting in the county or city? Do they have a contracting license? Are they paying workers comp? Not so much whether they employ illegals. Go after them for not complying with other laws. Just a thought.

I am documenting everything that I see. I take pictures and write down license plate numbers, dates and places. It does no good because when I bring it to the authorities attention I get arrested. One homeowner is on Lou Dobbs and says that Terry is probably racist and that all Hispanics on his job were legal. He forgot to tell Lou what he told me a month before, namely that international roofers had done the shingles on his house the month before for 4 to 5 dollars an hour. He also forgot to tell him that 3 Hispanics left real quick when I started the protest. It does no good here to tell the people in charge nothing. The developer threatened to sue me for dirtying his company's good name by showing his business name in a picture that I posted. I want him to sue. Please!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12