Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"And the dumb broad would rather leave her son....there is no way that they could separate me from my kids."

knight, you said it REAL: the DUMB broad.

ADIOS, EVIL-RA!!!!!!!!!! HAHHAAHAHAH! THIS IS GREAT!!!!

wtg, ICE!!! ICE, ICE, BABY!!!!!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

We should start a lottery on how long it will take them to get her out of the country. The ACLU is probably preparing their petition for injunction as we speak.

Immigration activist who sought sanctuary arrested in L.A.

Immigration activist who sought sanctuary arrested in L.A.

By PETER PRENGAMAN Associated Press Writer
    News Fuze
    Article Launched:08/19/2007 04:02:19 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES—An illegal immigrant who sought sanctuary in a Chicago church for a year to avoid deportation and separation from her 8-year-old American son was arrested Sunday, the church's pastor said.
    Elvira Arellano was arrested before 3 p.m. outside Our Lady Queen of Angels church on L.A.'s historic Olvera Street where she had been speaking to reporters, said the Rev. Walter Coleman, pastor of Adalberto United Methodist Church in Chicago where she sought sanctuary.

Coleman said he was with Arellano when she was detained, but declined to provide other details.

"We're trying to determine her situation right now," he said.

It was unclear what law enforcement agency had taken Arellano into custody.

The 32-year-old Arellano arrived in Los Angeles on Saturday, leaving her sanctuary for the first time in a year to campaign for immigration reform.

A call to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was not immediately returned.

Arellano has become a symbol of the struggles of illegal immigrant parents and a source of controversy. She had said Saturday she was not afraid of being taken into custody by immigration agents.

"From the time I took sanctuary the possibility has existed that they arrest me in the place and time they want," Arellano said in Spanish. "I only have two choices. I either go to my country, Mexico, or stay and keep fighting. I decided to stay and fight."

Arellano came to Washington state illegally in 1997. She was deported to Mexico shortly after, but returned and moved to Illinois in 2000, taking a job cleaning planes at O'Hare International Airport.

She was arrested in 2002 at O'Hare and later convicted of working under a false Social Security number. She was to surrender to authorities last August.

She sought sanctuary at the storefront church on Chicago's West Side Aug. 15, 2006. She had not left the church property until deciding to be driven to Los Angeles, Coleman said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_6665187

This is great but since the border is unprotected how long will it take for her to poke her finger in our eye again and sneak back across the border?

she is so eager to leave her son .... no she does not share my family values mr president!

Now...she needs to take her son, and her illegal friends back home and fight for change there!!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    Now...she needs to take her son, and her illegal friends back home and fight for change there!!
    So true so true!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    \

It would be interesting to know how tolerant Mexican law would be of that same behavior. My bet is that they would not leave her in a church for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor

It would be interesting to know how tolerant Mexican law would be of that same behavior. My bet is that they would not leave her in a church for a year.
    No way. From what I hear Mexico has some of the strictest illegal immigration laws in the world. They don't mess around.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast