Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Los Angeles Marketed as Part of Mexico by LAHispanicStation

Link

April 25, 2005
    Los Angeles Marketed as Part of Mexico by LA Hispanic Station

A Los Angeles Hispanic television station has a billboard up on the 605 Freeway brazenly marketing Noticias 62 as being broadcast from Los Angeles, Mexico. A stunning and bold statement, WorldNetDaily learned of its existence through an e-mail sent to them that was originally sent to members of Americans for Legal Immigration.

Think about that billboard for a moment. "Noticias 62 from Los Angeles, Mexico. Your City. Your Team." Your Mexican city? Is that the bill of goods being sold here? Who are they speaking to when they say "Your Mexican city"? Who's Mexican city? Obviously not America's Mexican city.

Now...look closer...does something seem a little odd? No, not the crossed out "CA". Look closer still. ...Closer... What is that right beneath that crossed out American State of California? It's a Mexico City monument superimposed right in the heart of the Los Angeles skyline! This is not just any monument, mind you. This is the "Monumento a los Héroes de Independencia," or the Monument to the Heroes of Independence. Of course, that would be the Mexican independence. What independence are they celebrating? It seems to me that more and more Mexicans prefer to be 'independent' of the 'independent' Mexican Government and the poverty it perpetually presides over. This is what crawls right under the skin of a US Marine Corps veteran and makes camp. It's enough to make anyone who has served in any capacity grit his teeth.

If it were just the monument superimposed, it may pass as importing heritage. But when the American State of California is also crossed out and replaced with "MEXICO" in bold red letters, it makes one wonder of the designers, advertisers, and television station, "Just which country would you prefer to live in?" Considering the context, is that such an outrageous question to ask?

Marketing Los Angeles as part of Mexico is in no small part due to organizations like MEChA, LA Raza, and MALDEF having long been presented to the public as civil-rights groups representing Hispanics, primarily Mexican-Americans. They are not. They are seperatist groups at best (hence Los Angeles, Mexico) and some of them could even be classified as racist at their core foundations.

Think I am sounding extreme?

You tell me: If I founded a group to represent the rights of people of my largely German/Austrian family heritage and called it The Race, how long do you think I would last before being systematically disassembled in print, television and radio as a white supremacist racist? Well, 'La Raza' translated to English means 'The Race'. Can you tell me the difference between my hypothetical group and La Raza, aside from the difference in media treatment?

But you see, the real difference is that my family heritage back to wherever all of my ancestors may have been from is of little importance to me. I, you see, am American. The German, Austrian, Polish, Cherokee and whatever else may be in my 'mutt' blood matters no more to me than interesting conversation....because I am American. Period. I am not an American. I am American. There is a difference, and it's in the heart.

That difference is why such groups as MEChA, LA Raza, and MALDEF are a poison and represent all that is wrong with much of immigration today and many of the groups that claim to speak for the Hyphenated-Americans: They do not see themselves as American. They are Mexican, or Continentals, or continental decendants of those from over 40,000 years ago who recognize no America nor American borders.

Think I am sounding extreme again?

Try listening to the founder of La Raza Unida Party, Jose Angel Gutierrez, who is a Professor (go figure) at the University of Texas at Arlington. You thought Ward Churchill was a dangerous 'professor'? Listen and you tell me if I am the extreme one.

Try listening to the founder of MALDEF, Mario Obledo. Listen and you tell me if I am the extreme one.

Consider the chants screamed at a 1996 MEChA rally of "Long Live The Race! ... We Didn't Cross the Border, The Border Crossed Us! ... Long Live the Revolution! ... This is My Fight!" Listen and you tell me if I am the extreme one.

(Audio clips courtesy of The American Resistance. Go there and you will find even more clips in their own words. I admittedly don't know much about The American Resistance, but the audio clips are very relevant regardless of the fact that I simply stumbled upon them.)

No, I am not extreme. I am American. Is it too much to ask for the likes of Guitierez and Obledo to be American as well? Is assimilation and love of one's country too much to ask? I don't care what it was 40,000 years ago, as Gutierez laments in the audio above. I'll bet Guitierez's ancestors weren't speaking Spanish back then. How'd that happen? Go back a little farther and he'll find it was also an ocean floor once, too. Are we going to repatriate sharks and flounder to Tombstone, Arizona? 40,000 years ago?

No one really cares what your heritage is...nor your skin color...nor your religion. That's of little importance.

It is America today.

Love it or leave it.

No, Los Angeles, Mexico is not an amusing marketing slogan at all.

The Billboard Border Bonanza is also being discussed at:

PoliPundit
    The Immigration Blog
    Michelle Malkin
    LoneWhacko
    Cap'n Bob
    Discarded Lies
    California Mafia
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

I can't say that it turns my stomach because my stomach is still turning from the last article I read. I guess I can say that my stomach is turning faster than before.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Quote Originally Posted by dataman
    I can't say that it turns my stomach because my stomach is still turning from the last article I read. I guess I can say that my stomach is turning faster than before.
    ::ffering you some Pepto-Bismol tablets:::

:::downing a few of them myself!:::::

"This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan