Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lowest ever: Obama job approval sinks to 39%, as even Democr

Lowest ever: Obama job approval sinks to 39%, as even Democrats' support melts away
    November 23, 2010 | 3:22 am

President Obama has passed the Big 4-0 -- going the wrong way.

Turns out voters were not simply satisfied to spank the Democrat and his party in the Nov. 2 midterm elections with historic losses in the House of Representatives.

Obama's job approval rating as calculated by the Zogby Poll has now sunk to 39%, a new low for his 22-month presidency that began with so much hope and excitement and poll numbers up around 70. As recently as Sept. 20, his job approval was 49%.

A whopping 60% now disapprove of his job, up from 51% disapproval Sept. 20.
    Obama now trails in hypothetical 2012 matchups against Republicans Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and the next Bush, Jeb.

And, oh, my! Lookee here! Obama has even fallen into a statistical tie with none other than Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor.

How embarrassing that is because other polls have shown a majority of Americans believe she is unqualified for the presidency. So it appears many have now decided, on second thought after a nearly two-year test drive, Obama looks that way too.
    Obama began losing the support of independents in the summer of 2009, as he responded to polls showing voter concerns focused on the economy by staging 59 town hall meetings on healthcare. Independents were a crucial part of his coalition win in 2008 but have now dwindled to 39%.

Only 6% of Republicans, not surprisingly, approve of Obama's job performance. But younger voters, also crucial in the ex-state senator's convincing defeat of John McCain, now approve by only 42%.

Nearly 7 in 10 likely voters say the country is on the wrong track, rarely a good sign for incumbents.

But, Zogby notes, perhaps most ominous for the president is that he's now losing support among his own party people. His approval plopped nearly 10% in just one week, from 78% down to 72% in Zogby's latest read.

Obama, John Zogby writes, "is failing to please more than one-fourth of his own party’s voters. This is a perilous position for the President.

"Conventional wisdom calls for him to reach for the center and assume that Democrats will stay with him in 2012. But as we saw in the mid-terms, Democrats can't win without strong turnout from the young and minorities, both of which are demographics that need more motivation than others to vote."

Former governor Romney fares the best against Obama (44-38%), then comes Gingrich (43%-39%), then another former governor, Jeb Bush (40%-38%), who says he is not running. Palin ties (40%-41%). Obama does, however, destroy developer Donald Trump (39%-29%) and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg (32%-13%). (A separate Quinnipiac Poll Monday found Obama in dead heats with either Romney or former Gov. Mike Huckabee.)

-- Andrew Malcolm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing ... palin.html

Former governor Romney fares the best against Obama (44-38%), then comes Gingrich (43%-39%), then another former governor, Jeb Bush (40%-38%), who says he is not running. Palin ties (40%-41%). Obama does, however, destroy developer Donald Trump (39%-29%) and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg (32%-13%). (A separate Quinnipiac Poll Monday found Obama in dead heats with either Romney or former Gov. Mike Huckabee.)
    Can anybody tell me why these pollsters left out Mickey Mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    I think because they are embarrased Mickey would win the vote over all these clowns.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    Brace yourself. He will make a come back and get re-elected if we don't keep reminding "the other half" how incompetent he is. He's this century's jive-talking turkey if you ask me and all the liberals and dems are falling for him. We have to keep bringing to light the truth of these ridiculous bills the Demos keep bringing up. They look decent on the surface and the more you dig the more crap you keep finding from payouts to amnesties.

I think the biggest fight is coming in 2011. Stay alert. Don't get comfortable just because republicans seem to have a little bit of a grip. They are as full of it as dems.

They didn't leave out Mickey Mouse, Obama looks just like him. Mickey is smarter though.

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Because including Mickey Mouse amongst this list of folks would be an insult to Mickey Mouse!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by laughinglynx
    Brace yourself. He will make a come back and get re-elected if we don't keep reminding "the other half" how incompetent he is. He's this century's jive-talking turkey if you ask me and all the liberals and dems are falling for him.

Stay alert. Don't get comfortable just because republicans seem to have a little bit of a grip. They are as full of it as dems.
    From Day One of his continuous campaigning, 'Bama has been using Slick's playbook. (Slick is a.ka. Bill Clinton.) There are comforting bromides for everyone, even if those bromides are contradictory. The good news is that he appears to be locked in to the same ignoring of Americans that got Demos clobbered in the Congressional elections. The very bad news is that, just like Slick, 'Bama is capable of redefining himself at the drop of a poll. Whoever runs against him in 2012 will have to continually remind the American people what yesterday's 'Bama said that he believed.

I agree about the Repubs. For the longest time illegals have benefited from nose-counting Demos and cheap-labor-borders-don't-matter Repubs. Repubs benefitted in the Congressional elections, but only because it was obvious that they weren't running the show. So far Lamar Smith seems to be pursuing a wise and, I think, effective course: begin with E-Verify and workplace enforcement. That should show Americans that Repubs are serious about working on the number one concern of ordinary Americans. We shall see....
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

I ran across this and am still not sure if this is true or not???

It was written by Representative Travis W. Childers (D-MS 1st)

Subject:
    Ltt.Col. Larkin

To:
    President Barack Obama
    Sen. Thad Cochran
    Sen. Roger Wicker
    Rep. Travis Childers

December 12, 2010

It is sad to see this Medical Officer being railroaded by the army. Col. Larkin has only brought to the attention of this country that this sitting president is a fake! What we are wittnessing is that a military court headed by Col. Denise Lind is so afraid of this fake that they are more than willing to sacrifice Col. Larkin than defend the truth. And what is this truth?, Where are his credentials, records and proof that Obama is qualified to sit as president.
    If this congress fails to ensure that Officers like Col. Larkin are denied their Constitutional rights as prescribed by this law, then WE are headed for a massive breakdown of our Constitutional rights. The WE includes each and every representive and senator. If you fail to act to preserve the right of Col. Larkin and his attorneys the right of full disclouser, then it must be concluded that you are in favor of perpetrating this fraud that has been .
    Should you not be asking the same questions as Col. Larkins attourneys? Or are you too scared of your jobs...just like Col. Denise Lind. Sad, just sad.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/bio ... 6227869351
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law

Because including Mickey Mouse amongst this list of folks would be an insult to Mickey Mouse!
    NoBueno, I swear I meant no insults toward Mickey Mouse! Amongst this list, he is my hero!

Waiter, From what I can see the letter is written by a constituent not the congressman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast