Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MA In-State Tuition for Illegals plan takes a hit!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... le&sid=378

A blow for illegals' tuition
    By Emelie Rutherford / Daily News Staff
    Friday, April 29, 2005
    Topics: MA, In-state tuition, illegal aliens, illegal immigration, Republican, Democrat, laws

BOSTON -- The House removed a plan to allow children of illegal immigrants to attend state colleges at in-state tuition rates from its state budget proposal, giving Milford Democrat Rep. Marie Parente a slight victory in her battle against the tuition plan.

"Why are they coming here, to do us good or harm? You don't know, and I don't know," Parente said outside the House chamber to state Rep. Deborah Blumer, D-Framingham, a supporter of the measure.

"These are kids who have gone to our high schools," Blumer countered.

The tuition plan requires children of illegal immigrants to have lived in state for three years, have graduated from Massachusetts high schools and be seeking citizenship or permanent residency.

Parente and Blumer, who stand on opposite sides of the issue, acknowledged House members voted, via a voice vote, in favor of Parente's amendment to strike the plan from the budget primarily because of House leaders' wish to keep policy out of the budget process. Thus, the issue has not died.

A House Ways and Means Committee hearing will be held next week on nearly identical legislation to usher in the tuition plan. Parente said she will attend the hearing.

"So the battle's not over," Parente said after House budget debate ended last night. "This is just one skirmish."

Parente said the issue boils down to "whether we're a country of laws," because illegal immigrants are breaking federal law.

Blumer said the plan, which the Board of Higher Education voted to support last year, is not a financial matter and thus should not be dealt with through the budget process. The tuition plan was included in an outside section of the proposed budget released by the House Ways and Means Committee earlier this month. A similar plan was passed by the Legislature last year but vetoed by Gov. Mitt Romney.

Two amendments were filed to strike the tuition plan, the one by Parente that was voted on and another endorsed by Republicans, including Rep. Paul Loscocco of Holliston and Susan Pope of Wayland.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... le&sid=378
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So what?
    If I steal your television, does that mean that I can keep it?

States should tread lightly here. I saw a blurb (I think it was Lou Dobbs)
    that indicated that there was something in the 1996 immigration law that said if a state offered illegals in state tuition they would have to offer in state tuition to out of state citizens. Will have to look into it. This might be topical to those in NC who are dealing with this now.
    Does anybody know the answer?
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Only because we as taxpayers were forced by the Supreme Court to allow them into our schools FREE of charge, while our property taxes rise to support them.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

jp_48504:
    I was hoping that somebody wouldn't remind me.

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!

ATTENTION NC residents and those in other states who have had contact with this issue.

http://www.theamericanresistance.com/is ... ition.html

Federal Law Title 8, Chapter 14, Sec. 1623 states:

"an alien who is not lawfully present in the United States shall not be eligible on the basis of residence within a State... for any postsecondary education benefit unless a citizen or national of the United States is eligible for such a benefit."

Friends of Immigration Law Enforcement is asking American students who pay out-of-state tuition to colleges and universities where illegal aliens receive in-state tuition to sue the colleges and universities for reimbursement of the tuition difference.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

I was hoping that somebody wouldn't remind me.
    Sorry, I sometimes get accused of being negative, but it is the truth and I am positive of that.

As for the law, The state of NC will owe me some money if they pass this law. As a student, I have paid out of state tuition. I personally believe that if someone has entered the country illegally, then they should have no rights to postsecondary education, health care, welfare, or social security.

Break the law in Mexico or another country and see if they treat you nice. It is not about race, it is about criminals getting better treatment than those of us who obey the laws and are citizens of the United States.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

DATAMAN!!!

This is a WONDERFUL tool and one that should be added to those of us that are calling our Reps in these states!!

WHAT A LAWSUIT........must look into this. Just fantastic
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)