Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Man allegedly raped 12-year-old, fathered baby

http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/49820.html

Man allegedly raped 12-year-old, fathered baby
    (307 comments; last comment posted Today 03:41 pm)

By THE NEW MEXICAN
    September 26, 2006

A 21-year-old Santa Fe man is scheduled to be arraigned this morning for allegedly raping a 12-year-old girl, who gave birth to a daughter earlier this month, according to court documents.

Prosecutor Barbara Romo said Monday that the case came to the attention of police last week after an anonymous phone call to the state Children, Youth and Families Department.

``Someone was concerned that a 12- to 13-year-old girl had a baby,'' Romo said in an interview. ``She was in elementary school until last year. That raises some questions, don't you think?''

After the tip, a state police investigator spoke with Federico Rivera Bernabe, who admitted to fathering the baby girl born Sept. 4 at St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, according to a statement of probable cause filed in state District Court.

Bernabe told the investigator the girl was 15, the document says.

The investigator told Bernabe the girl, now 13, was 12 at the time of conception. Bernabe said no one in the girl's family knew of their sexual relationship until she started showing signs of pregnancy, the statement says. The girl's father took Bernabe aside when the pregnancy became obvious ``to make sure that he would take care of the baby and be a responsible father; however, they did not allow him to be with (the girl) alone,'' the document states.

Bernabe admitted to having sex with the girl at least twice and said it occurred at his house after the girl's parents allowed him to ``take her out with him,'' the document states. Bernabe lived down the street from the girl and her parents, according to the statement.

``I don't think anyone in this family appreciates the seriousness or wrongfulness of it,'' Romo said.

Bernabe is charged with one count of first-degree rape of a child under the age of 13, though more charges could be pending, Romo said.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/49867.html

Defendant pleads not guilty in child rape case

A 21-year-old Mexican national pleaded not guilty Tuesday to charges that allege he raped a 12-year-old girl and fathered her baby. State District Judge Michael Vigil ordered Federico Rivera Bernabe held in jail in lieu of a $100,000 cash-only bond. Prosecutor Barbara Romo said the evidence against Bernabe will be presented to a Santa Fe County grand jury Oct. 5. She also said an immigration hold has been placed on Bernabe.

Bernabe admitted having sex twice with the girl, who lived down the street from him, a police report says. He also admitted to fathering the baby girl, who was born Sept. 4 at St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, the report says.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is totally disguisting. As I have said before; these men are pedophiles. If he is illegal send him back ASAP! We don't need pigs like that in this country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bernabe told the investigator the girl was 15
    Like 15 makes a difference.

What is disturbing and disgusting are the parents because they are letting it happen.

I've seen older men dropping young girls off at their homes in the evening caring their school books. These men are picking them up from school and returning them home later in the day. It's real obvious because the girls ride the bus to school. Then in a few months, a big party is thrown and the girl is no longer seen walking to school or around the house any more.

I wonder what the drop out rate is for illegal alien girls.

No way, would I have let my underage daughter run around alone with a grown man. Ever!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with you, Dixie. I have a 19 year old daughter and she would never even consider going out with someone who is more than 5 years older than her. She has been asked and finds it gross.
    I don't understand why those parents even allow their daughters to go with older men. This is considered abuse due to the child's age. Family and child services should be getting involved more often.

I can't believe that the hospital personnel didn't report it when she went in to deliver the baby. Medical personnel are mandated reporters of suspected child abuse. My hospital routinely gets social services involved whenever a child under 17 delivers a baby. It's required.

I see children delivering babies all the time, but 12 is extreme. I also frequently see the "older" man with the very young teen girl - it always makes me sick. It seems to be a cultural norm for Hispanic families.

I agree with you. My first thought was why didn't the hospital notify the proper authorities. Then I thought maybe the annonymous caller was someone from the hospital. If there are alot of Hispanic employees which don't have a problem with what happened it may make it harder for someone to report it using proper procedure. After all they all do have to work together and it is hard to work with enemies.