http://www.ksat.com/news/4496201/detail.html

Man Allegedly Shot At By Jealous Boyfriend
Nearby Middle School Hit In Spray Of Bullets

POSTED: 8:08 pm CDT May 16, 2005

SAN ANTONIO -- What allegedly started as jealousy could have turned deadly for a man Monday afternoon.

Nate Nichols, 29, was fired at numerous times, including one shot that went in the back panel window of his truck and out the front, missing his head by inches, police said.

According to the San Antonio Police Department, the shooting started at a corner store at Blanco and Jackson Keller roads.

Police said a man upset that Nichols was looking at his girlfriend pulled out a gun and start shooting.

At least one of those bullets went through a window at Nimitz Middle School, police said.

A spokesperson from Northeast Independent School District said the bullet went through the window of a storage room and not a classroom. No one was hurt, however, the school was put on lockdown for a short time.

Investigators said that Nichols chased the alleged shooter with his truck while waiting for police.

"I could have had him a lot of times," Nichols said. "I told 911, 'I'm going to ram him. If you don't get a cop here, in a couple of seconds, I'm going to hit him with my truck.' And they were like, 'We're on the way; we're on the way.' So I didn't do anything ... and I lost him."

Police said the alleged shooter is a Hispanic man about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs between 130 and 140 pounds. SAPD estimates his age to be between 19 and 22 and said he has tattoos on both arms.

He's driving a silver Pontiac Grand Am with extensive damage to the left front fender, police said.

Copyright 2005 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed