Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man who illegally entered U.S. 5 times sentenced

Man who illegally entered U.S. 5 times sentenced
    By The Denver Post
    Posted: 07/22/2010 04:01:17 PM MDTUpdated: 07/22/2010 04:26:29 PM MDT

A felon who has tried to illegally re-enter the country five times was sentenced today to five years in federal prison.

The man, Cuatemoc Arias-Rodriguez, 34, of Sinaloa, Mexico — who also goes by Jesus Leyba-Ramirez, and Jorge Rios Santana — has a record dating to 1995, when he was charged in California with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.

The other convictions are for numerous illegal re-entries.

Arias-Rodriguez was picked up by Denver Police in February for making a false report using a false name.

Immigration officials were notified of Arias-Rodriguez, who said his last entry into the country was made in January 2010 at a California border after his last deportation in December 2008.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15579136
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Man who illegally entered U.S. 5 times sentenced

Quote Originally Posted by jean

A felon who has tried to illegally re-enter the country five times was sentenced today to five years in federal prison.
    Now we taxpayers get to pay for his room, board, and medical care. Isn't there some treaty where he can be transferred to a Mexican prison--I heard they are REALLY nice to their prisoners.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Watson

Now we taxpayers get to pay for his room, board, and medical care. Isn't there some treaty where he can be transferred to a Mexican prison--I heard they are REALLY nice to their prisoners.
    I understand your feelings but if he's sent back to Mexico I can almost guarantee he'll be back in a month or less. The Mexican government actively encourages its citizens to cross the border and take advantage of us. They need the remittances to keep their economy afloat. I suspect they wouldn't want to spend their money on him either. By giving him jail time, he might think about coming back instead of just immediately turning around and returning here.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson

I understand your feelings but if he's sent back to Mexico I can almost guarantee he'll be back in a month or less. The Mexican government actively encourages its citizens to cross the border and take advantage of us. They need the remittances to keep their economy afloat. I suspect they wouldn't want to spend their money on him either. By giving him jail time, he might think about coming back instead of just immediately turning around and returning here.
    '
    '
    You are right, of course. Just dreaming.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong