Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MARYLAND GIVING DL'S TO ILLEGALS

I-Team: Maryland Licenses
    RSS Feeds From ABC 7 Reporter: Andrea McCarren
    IPOD Enabled Story Watch the abc7 e-Video eVideo: I-Team: Maryland Licenses

-WJLA Script-

Anchor:
    TONIGHT, THE ABC7 I-TEAM REVEALS WHY MARYLAND HAS BECOME A MAGNET FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN SEARCH OF A DRIVERS LICENSE.

INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER ANDREA MCCARREN IS HERE TO EXPLAIN.

Andrea McCarren on set:
    SOURCES TELL THE I-TEAM THAT BROKERS ARE BRINGING VANLOADS OF OUT OF STATE DRIVERS TO MARYLAND MVA OFFICES UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS. AND WHEN THEY ARRIVE HERE, THEY'RE NOT ALONE…

Story:
    IT'S NOT EVEN 5 IN THE MORNING, AND ALREADY THERE'S A LINE OUTSIDE THE BELTSVILLE MVA OFFICE… EVEN THOUGH IT DOESN'T OFFICIALLY OPEN UNTIL 8:30.

AS THE SUN RISES OVER THE GAITHERSBURG MVA OFFICE, THE LINE IS EVEN LONGER.

"Stay in your line and follow me around please"

JUAN CARLOS BOQUIN WAS THE FIRST THROUGH THE DOOR AFTER ARRIVING AT 2 AM. HE'S FROM HONDURAS BUT DIDN'T SAY WHETHER HE'S HERE LEGALLY.

LIKE MANY OTHERS, HE HOPES TO AVOID BEING AMONG THE 55 TO 60-PERCENT OF OUT OF COUNTRY APPLICANTS THAT MVA REJECTS FOR FAILING TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE DOCUMENTATION OF THEIR MARYLAND RESIDENCE.

CARS WITH LICENSE PLATES FROM VIRGINIA, INDIANA, NEW YORK, MASSACHUSETTS, DELAWARE AND MANY OTHER STATES QUICKLY FILL THE PARKING LOTS.

Buel Young/MVA Spokesman: "We have plates from as far as Nebraska, there's quite a few plates from NJ, so are these the ordinary individuals that would be coming in because they moved to the area? We don't know."

inside the MVA office/montage of people speaking different languages

Una carta mas?

THERE'S NO DOUBT THAT MARYLAND HAS BECOME HOME TO AN INCREASING NUMBER OF IMMIGRANTS… INCLUDING MANY THAT ARE IN THIS COUNTRY -ILLEGALLY-.

(GRAPHIC)

A PRIMARY REASON: MARYLAND IS ONE OF JUST TWO STATES ON THE EAST COAST THAT STILL ALLOWS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TO OBTAIN A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE. THE OTHER STATE IS NORTH CAROLINA.

NATIONWIDE, ONLY SEVEN STATES NOW ALLOW THIS. ( Less now to date )

Delegate Herb McMillan/MD Legislator: "If you build it, they will come."

MCMILLAN INSISTS THIS PRESENTS A NATIONAL SECURITY RISK.

Delegate Herb McMillan/MD Legislator: People who come here illegally have not gone through our borders, they haven't been screened. We don't know who they are.:And that poses a security problem. Particularly during a time of war.

JUST BECAUSE THE STATE DOES -NOT- REQUIRE PROOF OF LEGAL PRESENCE IN THIS COUNTRY, THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S EASY TO GET A LICENSE.

Buel Young/MVA Spokesman: "It's still very stringent and so, you still have to provide proof of identity, age and MD state residency."

JUAN CARLOS BOQUIN LEARNED THAT THE HARD WAY. HIS PROOF OF RESIDENCE WAS REJECTED, BUT HE VOWS TO TRY AGAIN.

Pedro Cordoba via a translator: "they shouldn't deny immigrants opportunities. We come to work... Not to harm others."

LIKE MOST IMMIGRANTS WE MET, PEDRO CORDOBA SAYS THOSE HERE -ILLEGALLY- ARE IN THIS COUNTRY TO WORK, NOT TO HARM OTHERS AND THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE.

Quick nat in Spanish

KARINA GOLDBERG AGREES.

Karina Goldberg: "That's very difficult because I have a lot of family here, they're not really legal, but I think they deserve it."

Andrea McCarren on set:
    VIRGINIA CHANGED ITS LAW AFTER IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT SOME OF THE SEPTEMBER 11TH HIJACKERS OBTAINED THEIR DRIVERS LICENSES IN THE STATE.

AND IN NORTH CAROLINA, WHICH HAS A LAW LIKE MARYLAND'S, NEARLY HALF A MILLION PEOPLE REPORTEDLY HOLD DRIVERS LICENSES WITH THE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: 999-99-9999.

LIVE FOR THE I-TEAM, AM, ABC7 NEWS

Hope someone is alerting ICE or other pertinent authorities regarding this suspicious activity.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pedro Cordoba via a translator: "they shouldn't deny immigrants opportunities. We come to work... Not to harm others."
    BITE ME
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

MW
    A PRIMARY REASON: MARYLAND IS ONE OF JUST TWO STATES ON THE EAST COAST THAT STILL ALLOWS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TO OBTAIN A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE. THE OTHER STATE IS NORTH CAROLINA.
    Supposedly, NC has stopped issuing 'first time' drivers licenses to illegal aliens. I was told by a NC DMV employee that they were now following Real ID guidlines for the issuance of an initial license. I still have concerns about NC's renewal process though.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    BITE ME

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Tried calling NC state level DMV and Driver's lecenses both no live help.

So I called the Governor's Office at 800 662 7952, live helper said, she would have someone contact me.

I want to know
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    vmonkey56 wrote:

Tried calling NC state level DMV and Driver's lecenses both no live help.

So I called the Governor's Office at 800 662 7952, live helper said, she would have someone contact me.

I want to know
    Good, please keep us posted. You could contact your local DMV office and see what they tell you (compare to what I was told). My information came from the local DMV in Fuquay-Varina, NC. If you receive a different story than I received, then it would be time to climb up the ladder of authority (just a suggestion).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

florgal; do you have a link? I went to the WJLA website but I can't find the story?

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    florgal; do you have a link? I went to the WJLA website but I can't find the story?
    I went there too and couldn't find one. Was hoping for a video, but nothing is there. I emailed the person who posted this on another site. It looks like it's an rss feed, maybe?

I should have found the link and checked the WJLA site before posting here. This may be old news. (?) I will keep searching....