Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain's lettuce-picking remarks yield unwanted green

http://www.azstarnet.net/allheadlines/124762

Tucson Region
    Political Notebook

McCain's lettuce-picking remarks yield unwanted green

Arizona Daily Star
    Tucson, Arizona | Published: 04.15.2006

As he steered his Straight Talk Express across the United States in recent weeks, Republican Sen. John McCain has tried to stay a-head of the immigration issue. But Friday the immigration issue delivered 36 or so heads to his Phoenix office — heads of lettuce, that is.

McCain has been getting skewered in the media for comments earlier this month to a union group in Washington, D.C., that immigrants are taking jobs no one else wants, and offered them $50 an hour to pick lettuce in the Arizona sun for a summer, suggesting they couldn't do it.

The senator didn't stick around long enough to process any applications, despite several offers to take him up on his offer from the audience.

So Friday more than three dozen demonstrators showed up at his office, many carrying lettuce picker applications in one hand, and a head of lettuce in the other to show they could do the job.

McCain was not on hand to greet them, but somehow it's probably not the kind of green he was hoping to collect for his budding presidential bid.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm surprised that 10,000 illegals didn't show!

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    I'm surprised that 10,000 illegals didn't show!
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

LOL that's hilarious!!! McCain is a SHAME....hey that would make a nice sign..it rhymes lol

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I absolutely love it!!!! This is so great, I bet he was not so thrilled with that!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I guess that will show him, put your money where your mouth is :P
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think he should have to hire every American to whom his cocky and insulting offer was extended and honor every person; every head; and every hour.

A Promise Is A Promise!!

And if a US Senator can't be made to keep his, then what kind of a country have we let our nation disintegrate into?

KEEP YOUR PROMISE MCCAIN!!

Or resign your seat for being a liar.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Curious.....

AS a protest, what if we ALL here at Alipac sent him two day priority mail a head of lettuce, so that 2000 packages all arrived at his Washington Office on the same day?

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

I'm lovin' it!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Pintobean

You may be own to something there! Could we call a local grocer in DC and order crates of lettece and see if they can deliver them to McCains office in DC and any do the same in cities where he has offices? Or maybe we could pay a courier to deliver them! Cheaper and faster! Does anyone live in the towns where his offices are? I think we could get a lot of lettece even if we only all just pitched in and got one or two heads. William how could we get money to you quickly to buy the lettece? I'm serious!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast