Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

They tried that in NC a few years ago and it didnt go over very well. Maybe we will see it come back up soon....

http://www.immigrantvoting.org/statescu ... olina.html

The Herald-Sun
    Carrboro, North Carolina
    May 12, 2006

BOA: Immigrants have right to vote

BY JENNIFER FERRIS : The Herald-Sun

CARRBORO (North Carolina)-- What might seem like a popular view in
    Carrboro could be too radical for the rest of the state to handle,
    members of the town's legislative delegation warned Friday.

Members of the Board of Aldermen asked their state representatives at a
    breakfast meeting to consider carrying several controversial issues to
    the next session of the General Assembly, which convenes Monday. But
    while all the legislators said they supported the measures -- which
    included introducing a bill allowing non-citizens to vote -- they
    declined to bring them to the state for consideration. READ MORE
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

I called Dunlap's office and spoke with a very nice young man named John Smith...sounds like an alias, doesn't it?...We talked for about 20 minutes and he says the bill has just been introduced and does not include illegal "immigrants".

The most important thing I got out of what he said is that they have not gotten many calls on it yet. I hope the people of Maine raise holy hell with this guy. He doesn't get to vote on the bill, but he has a lot of input!

Neither Alfond or Bolduc is from Somalia they are both Canadian Americans but are from districts with a lot of Somalis

They actually want an ignorant electorate which will vote them into office out of loyalty for their action and whom they will reward with tax funded public benefit programs.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Some (immigrants) might live here legally for decades without becoming citizens,"

News Flash: Why don't these immigrants, who, if they are legal, first chose to come to our country, now choose to become U.S. citizens--for which a mechanism already exists--if they want the privilege of voting?!

Wouldn't this be simpler, and more in accordance with American tradition, than creating a new path for Maine commuities to "choose" to allow them to vote in local elections as non-citizens?

p.s. I emailed these 3 as WorriedAmerican requested. And wouldn't it be good to include a description of LD 1195 under the "Maine Activism and Focus Campaign (2009)" to alert other Maine residents?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is another example of the Republic unraveling. The end is near. All of the calls, letters of complaint or other typical signs of our outrage will not stem the tide. As one poster said, with Obama in place and all of Congress under the sway of radical leftists, they are beyond emboldened. There are groups working right now to plot the overthrow of this Country. Do you think that 50 years ago:

Abortion would be legal,
    We would elect for president a man named Hussein,
    That at least one US Senate seat and one US congressman was elected by illegal aliens,
    Our schools, once the pride of the Western World, are a total failure,
    And our Universities, havens now for every stinking hater of America,
    Once great cities, now a shambles with two-legged rodents scurrying about,
    Whole parts of our country no longer speak English and are inhospitable to us,
    Men thrown into poverty and jail for defending their property and families,
    International killers targeting this country while we welcome their families to stay and live off of our good intentions,
    And the list goes on. I am ill just thinking of it all.

What to do? Maybe we need to sacrifice just as our brothers did in 1776. Even that option grows dim as we pile more and more illegal aliens into this country. Time is growing short. Think about the future America of 50 years from now.
    "and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

you have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!

this is completely INSANE

Just wonder if this lunacy is even Consitutional?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here in Chicago, dead people and cartoon characters can vote (multiple times), so this doesn’t really surprise me. Has ACORN been found to be involved with this madness yet?

Chicago, for instance, allows them to vote in school elections...
    Ugg. I think it's time for some phone calls.

Can you think of anything more un-American than permitting this to happen? It’s almost as bad as having a President who is not eligible for the position. I’m not necessarily saying our current one is like that, but…

Its bad enough they come on these bogus visas, but now can vote the minute they get off of the plane?!? Don’t even get me started on illegal aliens voting. These people’s allegiance is with other countries, not the U.S.A..

Foreign countries and THEIR citizens should not be able to influence OUR country’s politics. We have enough problems already, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    worriedamerican, you might want to check your comment that the sponsors of the bill are both from Somalia. Alfond is from Maine. I haven't checked the other one yet.
    None of the sponsors are from Somalia? They are from Portland and Cumberland. The guy that was talking about the Somali not knowing English or knowing enough about a subject to vote, HE is from Somalia. He doesn't think it should happen either!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by ChiWatcher
    Here in Chicago, dead people and cartoon characters can vote (multiple times), so this doesn’t really surprise me. Has ACORN been found to be involved with this madness yet?

Chicago, for instance, allows them to vote in school elections...
    Ugg. I think it's time for some phone calls.

Can you think of anything more un-American than permitting this to happen? It’s almost as bad as having a President who is not eligible for the position. I’m not necessarily saying our current one is like that, but…

Its bad enough they come on these bogus visas, but now can vote the minute they get off of the plane?!? Don’t even get me started on illegal aliens voting. These people’s allegiance is with other countries, not the U.S.A..

Foreign countries and THEIR citizens should not be able to influence OUR country’s politics. We have enough problems already, thank you.

That is exactly why they should not be voting in elections. Their interest's are not with the US or it's people.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast