Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Mesa mayor: Now is the time for immigration reform

Mesa mayor: Now is the time for immigration reform
    September 30th, 2008 @ 3:10pm
    by Kevin Tripp/KTAR

Mayor Scott Smith of Mesa thinks Arizona's immigration issues are being overshadowed by economic drama. He also thinks the two have a connection.

"I think there have been [fewer illegal immigrants in the Valley] because of the economy," Smith said. "There have been some natural forces at play which have taken care of a lot of the immigration issues on their own."

"A great economy is what attracted people here. A bad economy will cause them to go elsewhere."

Smith said that now is the time for the federal government to make changes to the nation's immigration policy.

"I think we should take advantage of this downturn to create some policies and some approaches that will make sense, and we'll be able to use when the economy does recover."

Both Barack Obama and John McCain support immigration reform at the federal level.

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=967102
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

'Reform' is buzzword for amnesty and 'pathway'.

I'm thinking while the economy is taking a downturn, let's strike while the iron is hot and enforce our laws.

If we are truly headed for a recession - depression - bad time - the last thing we need is to be saddled with millions of illegals - all competing for jobs and social services.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    'Reform' is buzzword for amnesty and 'pathway'.

I'm thinking while the economy is taking a downturn, let's strike while the iron is hot and enforce our laws.

If we are truly headed for a recession - depression - bad time - the last thing we need is to be saddled with millions of illegals - all competing for jobs and social services.

Especially when it is problems originating from illegal immigration which have gone a long way in driving our economy into the gutter in the first place.

I agree, there SHOULD be "reform" of our immigration policies......and NOT to the liking of those who want to come here either legally or otherwise.

The US has been the nice-guy-to-the-world forever and look where it has gotten us. The only "reform" necessary is to put an end to us being used as a doormat.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)