Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican consulate in Idaho

Crapo to Discuss Mexican Consulate,
    Friday, February 14, 2003

Washington, DC - Idaho Senator Mike Crapo begins a week of travel across Idaho tonight as the Senate begins the traditional February Lincoln Day state work period. Crapo’s schedule includes a visit with Mexican Consulate Martin Torres to discuss establishing a consulate office for Mexico in the Treasure Valley

It won't be the "Treasure Valley" when they get done with it!! 5 years if that!

Received this in a newsletter from Crapo....man this guy has turned into a traitor...he has gotten as bad as Craig!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Sosad, you got me all boiled over about this. I called Crapo's local office and followed it up with this email to his staffer:

Hi Jillian,

First and foremost, let me thank you for taking my phone call and listening to my concerns. Secondly, I want to thank Sen. Crapo for his excellent report card on dealing with illegal immigration for the nation as a whole (from NumbersUSA), and Idaho in particular. But, as I mentioned in my phone call with you, Sen. Crapo may not be aware of ALL that is going on. And this is my part, as an Idahoan and an American, to help him understand what us, in the grassroots movement, know.

Here is just ONE of the news reporting I found in the internet. (The bolded parts are mine.)

HYPERLINK http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=55763 http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=55763
    Cuarto Poder (Tuxtla, Chiapas) 1/8/08 The Mexican Consul in New York, Ruben Beltran Guerrero, said that the Mexican consular network is building alliances with labor unions, non-governmental organizations and church members to achieve a zero-tolerance framework about abuses against immigrants.

He said that because of the delay of an immigration reform, for which "the main responsible (party) is the U.S. Congress," plus the increase in anti-immigrant laws, Mexico now "weaves" a strategic regional "web" to make the countrymen's defense more effective by means of a "pro-hispanic, pro-immigrant and pro-human rights" agenda. The status of migrants in the United States is not homogeneous, (and) for this reason the instructions of the Mexican government are to deal with this issue on a regional basis according to the realities of each locale.

Diario de Yucatan (Merida, Yuc.) 1/8/08

At the opening of the Mexican diplomatic conference, the Mexican Secretary of State, Patricia Espinosa Cantellano, accused the U.S. presidential candidates of worsening "an already adverse climate" for the Mexican migrants and promised that she would redouble her efforts to protect the rights of her countrymen who presently live and work on the north side of the border.

The statements by the Secretary are the most recent in a series of high profile blows launched by Mexican functionaries against U.S. lawmakers and presidential aspirants. Last November President Calderon called the emigrants "hostages" of the presidential campaign and urged the candidates not to use them as an arguing theme. He also criticized the U.S. Senate last July, calling the rejection of an immigration law reform "a grave error."

According to "La Jornada" "the Mexican government will push for a new strategy of zero tolerance" against abuses of the rights of Mexicans in the United States, which will consist of increasing the number of consulates up to 50, raising the budget appropriation and carrying out "blunt" activities to make those who violate the migrants' guarantees "pay at the courthouse."

End.

Jillian, as an Idahoan taxpayer, I am against using my taxpayer money to defend these "frivolous" lawsuits that these so-called "migrants" will be bringing here in Idaho. I know they are frivolous because these "migrants" have no right to be here, yet they will try to use every loophole in our Constitution and Bill of Rights to use it against us to demand not only monetary compensation BUT the right to work here illegally, WITH THE HELP OF MEXICAN LAWYERS IN THE MEXICAN CONSULATES.

This is an abomination to me. Instead of fixing his country, Calderon is trying to put a Band-Aid on the problem of his citizens leaving his country. America is not the problem. Mexican politics and economics is.

Jillian, THIS IS THE BIG PICTURE:

What Calderon is doing is to try to "buy time" by bringing us to court. It is a political move. He only has 6 years to to fix a problem his predecessors have ignored; that being a government so corrupt, a culture so passified to the point of inertia, an economy so tilted towards the rich, that its poor have to migrate in order to survive. Mexico's middle-class is extinct. It has none. It is now an economic structure of rich vs poor. And the rich -- the elitists -- have the gov't in their pockets.
    Mexico is the only country on this planet whose number 1 import is its people. It has been reported with statistics that the dollar remittances of its nationals here in the US to Mexico have pushed that source of revenue over and beyond its revenues on oil.

This is the status quo that the Mexican gov't wants to keep. It alleviates them from acutally doing any work, oh, like say re-investing into their own economy. ??? "Why do we have to work when our citizens in the US are sending us $25 BILLION yearly without us having to do anything?"
    If we open a Mexican embassy in Boise, we are going to be part of the problem for Americans, not for Mexicans. Once a Mexican embassy is established, millions of their citizens are going to move here. By that time, it will be too late for Idaho, just as it is now too late for the whole of the US (but many of us are trying to correct that). Mexicans here use the embassy for getting their Matricula card, which is the ID card for Mexican citizens illegally living abroad who are not legally entitled to US Driver's Licenses.

The Matricula Card has been a source of controversy in many states, particulary California. It is suppose to be just an ID card, with no other purpose but to identity the holder as a Mexican citizen abroad. But, because it looks "so official" and America has no law specifically against its use, Americans are fooled into thinking that it is a legitimate form of ID. Preying on this ignorance, Mexican nationals use it to open bank accounts, get public benefits and social services.

Americans are fooled into thinking that this is a legal ID card, entitling the holder to all legal benefits of a US citizen. IT IS NOT. And Mexican consulates are complicit with this rampant fraud.

As an exercise, some people have called Mexican banks in Mexico, asking them if they accept the Matricula Card as an acceptable ID to open a bank account. Guess what. All the Mexican banks said NO.
    Isn't that funny? We here in the US accept it while Mexican banks won't? Doesn't that ring an alarm? Isn't that a red flag? If this card isn't even accepted by Mexican banks as a true form of ID, WHY THEN ARE WE IN THE US ACCEPTING THEM, NO QUESTIONS ASKED?

Even the FBI says that these cards are not to be trusted:

"The Department of Justice and the FBI have concluded that the matricula consular is not a reliable form of identification," said Steven McCraw, assistant director of the FBI's intelligence office. "There are major criminal threats posed by the cards and (a) potential terrorist threat."

"Resembling a driver's license and displaying the bearer's address in the United States, the cards are issued by Mexican consulates to Mexican citizens, whether or not they are legally in this country.

"The cards are accepted as identification by more than 70 U.S. banks, 800 police departments and numerous local governments."

Jillian, I can go on and on and on about illegal immigration and the fraud perpetuated by the Mexican gov't -- AND ITS CONSULATES -- just so that they (the Mexican gov't) don't have to face the real crisis --> fixing the economic and political problems back home in Mexico. But I know you are busy -- and so am I -- so I will end here.

I do not mind if you forward this email to Senator Crapo. Best to do that to avoid errors in translation. To end this, I am a LEGAL immigrant, an American citizen, and an Idahoan. I am a taxpayer too, 22 years now. Senator Crapo needs to know what is truly going on. He may be being wooed and dined and wined by Mexican representatives this week as we speak, but he is a fool to take them for their word. This is where the American cultural value of "honesty" is best "played." I know this. I migrated from a 3rd world country myself, where political "playing" was an art! They will "play" you because they know you are an American, honest and gullible.

As Pres. Calderon said, and I quote, "Wherever there is a Mexican, there is Mexico." And we all know that as citizens of a country, we will do whatever it takes to protect out citizens. Senator Crapo is being "played," I am sure of it.

I SAY NO TO A MEXICAN CONSULATE IN BOISE OR ANYWHERE ELSE IN IDAHO. NO. JUST SAY NO.

Yours truly,
    XXXX
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Not only that if they have the money to do this why are we giving them 1.4 billion dollars?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    The reconquista marches on

Why doesn't this country wake up

Why are we paying for healthcare, education and giving them welfare when Mexico is paying to open or keep open all of the 52 consulates in the US to do everything they can to meddle in our laws. These consulates should be closed. The 52 consulates do not include all of the Mexican mobile consulates either. I wouldn't be at all surprise if the US taxpayers aren't paying for most of these consulates.

When Idaho's time comes to need your help, can we count on all of you Alipacers to help us? So far, we are just 3 here in Idaho in Alipac: SoSadForUs, tinybobidaho, and me Ex_OC. We are gonna need more than 3 to stop the opening of a Mexican consulate here in Boise, Idaho.

CAN WE COUNT ON YOUR SUPPORT FOR PHONE CALLS, FAXES, AND EMAILS WHEN THE TIME COMES?
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Mexican consulate may open in Boise
    Mike Butts
    mbutts@idahopress.com Saturday, February 23rd, 2008 TREASURE VALLEY — Boise will be home to a new Mexican Consulate soon, local organizers who have been working to bring the office to Idaho said Friday.

The proposed office, which would offer a variety of services to Mexican-born residents, such as passport processing, has drawn criticism from Idaho Republican Congressman Bill Sali.

A group of Southwest Idaho residents who represent Idaho at the Salt Lake City Mexican Consulate gathered about 10,000 signatures on a petition to have the office opened in Boise. One organizer said the consulate has already rented office space near downtown Boise.

“It’s going to help tremendously for the Mexican people who live here to get their documents when they need it,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A group of Southwest Idaho residents who represent Idaho at the Salt Lake City Mexican Consulate gathered about 10,000 signatures on a petition to have the office opened in Boise. One organizer said the consulate has already rented office space near downtown Boise.
    Does one have to be a citizen and an adult in the state of Idaho to sign such a petition?

America has way too many Mexican consulates--they don't need to open one in Boise.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    Does one have to be a citizen and an adult in the state of Idaho to sign such a petition?

America has way too many Mexican consulates--they don't need to open one in Boise.
    this brings to 45 the number of mexican consulates on US soil.
    can we say takeover

Has anyone heard how many US consulates there are in Mexico?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast