Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican Guest Workers, Laid Off, Want BP’s Help

Mexican Guest Workers, Laid Off, Want BP’s Help

By TAMAR LEWIN
    Published: August 5, 2010

NEW ORLEANS — Soon after the oil from the Deepwater Horizon began gushing into the Gulf of Mexico, business at the Ramada Plaza Beach Resort in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., dried up — and so did the jobs of five Mexican housekeepers who were guest workers at the hotel under contracts guaranteeing them work until Nov. 1.

“On June 30, they told us our jobs were over, and that we had to leave our housing and go back to Mexico,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Can't these legal guest workers apply to Kenneth Feinberg, the "Oil Spill Compensation Fund" Czar as all others have been advised to do? Perhaps this organization and the NYT could advise them that they have the same right as anyone else to apply directly to Mr. Feinberg and that he has the power to dispense compensation directly whenever merited.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope BP gives these temp. workers their money but NOT until they are across the border.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

File a claim and get IN LINE. I know the second part is difficult for "Guest" workers. At least they were legal.

LOL...that is a good one...pay them when they cross back over the border. Not to be rude but one way of knowing they will not overstay as so many of them do.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

[quote]“I’m staying with friends now, but I don’t know how long they’ll put up with me.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What! No American citizens want to work in hotels! Why are these hotels allowed to bring in H-2B visa workers when we have 14 million Americans out of work in this country?

Indeed, guest workers are in a tenuous position, usually living in labor camps or other housing run by their employers, with little connection to the surrounding community, and little understanding of their legal rights

Modern day slave labor....