Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican Stamps Racist, Civil Rights Leaders Say

Source

Mexican Stamps Racist, Civil Rights Leaders Say
    Images Feature Popular Cartoon Character

By Darryl Fears
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Thursday, June 30, 2005; Page A01

The Mexican government issued a series of stamps yesterday depicting a dark-skinned Jim Crow-era cartoon character with greatly exaggerated eyes and lips, infuriating black and Hispanic civil rights leaders for the second time in weeks.

Mexican postal officials said the five-stamp series features Memin Pinguin, a character from a comic book created in the 1940s, because he is beloved in Mexico. A spokesman for the Mexican Embassy described the depiction as a cultural image that has no meaning and is not intended to offend.

"Just as Speedy Gonzalez has never been interpreted in a racial manner by the people in Mexico," embassy spokesman Rafael Laveaga said. ". . . He is a cartoon character. I am certain that this commemorative postage stamp is not intended to be interpreted on a racial basis in Mexico or anywhere else."

But the leaders of the NAACP, the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, the National Council of La Raza and the National Urban League denounced the image in strong terms, calling it the worst kind of black stereotype. The curator of a Michigan museum that collects Jim Crow memorabilia said the Memin Pinguin caricature is a classic "pickaninny" -- a black child, oafish and with apelike features.

"It is offensive," said the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson of the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, who like other leaders called on Mexican President Vicente Fox to apologize and stop circulation of the stamps. Jackson vowed to lead a demonstration at Mexican consulates if Fox does not do so.

It was the second time in seven weeks that Jackson called on Fox to apologize for a racial offense. In May, Fox apologized for saying that Mexican migrants in the United States work jobs that "even blacks don't want," a comment he said was taken out of context.

Marc H. Morial, executive director of the National Urban League, joined Jackson in calling on President Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to denounce the stamps. "It's outrageous, it's offensive, and it really raises the question of whether President Fox's apology was sincere and meaningful," Morial said.

Janet Murguia, president of the National Council of La Raza, said it is "impossible to overstate how appalled and offended I am, not only by the stamp but by the reaction of the Mexican postal service." She added: "Hispanic Americans and all other Americans will and should be equally outraged."

David Pilgrim, curator of the Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia at Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Mich., said images such as that of Memin Pinguin are prolific in Mexico, Latin America and Japan. "I'm disappointed but not shocked," he said. "This is consistent with what we in the United States would refer to as a pickaninny image. It's disappointing when you find a government putting its stamp on racism."

Re: Mexican Stamps Racist, Civil Rights Leaders Say

The Mexican government issued a series of stamps yesterday depicting a dark-skinned Jim Crow-era cartoon character with greatly exaggerated eyes and lips, infuriating black and Hispanic civil rights leaders for the second time in weeks.
    And it should infuriate...but I must say....I've yet to hear black and Hispanic civil rights leaders expressing "infuriation". Black leaders should be outraged, livid, demanding a stop to all payments to racist governments and racist nations. How does a nation like Mexico reduce its black population from substantial to less than 1%? How does a nation do this? I've been wondering about that ever since I read the statistic. How does one accomplish that? That defies nature, does it not? There should be an international probe into the matter. Kofi Annan should be outraged about THAT!! There is something dark and evil in that statistic and it needs to be EXPOSED!!

Mexican postal officials said the five-stamp series features Memin Pinguin, a character from a comic book created in the 1940s, because he is beloved in Mexico. A spokesman for the Mexican Embassy described the depiction as a cultural image that has no meaning and is not intended to offend.
    "because he is beloved in Mexico". And why would that be exactly in a nation that has virtually eliminated....by some means.....its entire Black Population?

"Just as Speedy Gonzalez has never been interpreted in a racial manner by the people in Mexico," embassy spokesman Rafael Laveaga said. ". . . He is a cartoon character. I am certain that this commemorative postage stamp is not intended to be interpreted on a racial basis in Mexico or anywhere else."
    Oh Good Grief...here we go again. The character Speedy Gonzales is Mexican. 99% of the Nation of Mexico is CAUCASIAN!! There is no "race card" with Speedy....Speedy is White as in Caucasian. GET IT???? Also, the real "Speedy" Gonzales was a Sheriff in San Diego County, California. He shot and supposedly killed Ruben Salazar, a photographer, during Chicano "civil rights" turmoil there back in the 1970's!!

But the leaders of the NAACP, the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, the National Council of La Raza and the National Urban League denounced the image in strong terms, calling it the worst kind of black stereotype. The curator of a Michigan museum that collects Jim Crow memorabilia said the Memin Pinguin caricature is a classic "pickaninny" -- a black child, oafish and with apelike features.
    "calling it the worst kind of black stereotype".

This is "denounced the image in stronge terms". They consider this "strong terms". Gee...no wonder they aren't getting much done lately. This is the most outrageous, disgusting, repugnant, racist piece of garbage action any government postal service could possibly take. It shows the entire nation of Mexico is racist against Blacks; that explains Vincente's ignorance and lack of control at a meeting blabbing about his workers doing jobs even blacks won't do; and WHY Mexico has decreased its black population from substantial to less than 1%. Just how exactly does a nation do that? Probe....Probe....Probe....evil lurks there.

It is offensive," said the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson of the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, who like other leaders called on Mexican President Vicente Fox to apologize and stop circulation of the stamps. Jackson vowed to lead a demonstration at Mexican consulates if Fox does not do so.
    Oh...."it is offensive". Oh....I'll bet Vincente is shaking in its boots!! Aren't they "buddies now"; hasn't Jesse "formed a coalition" with Foxey Flop!! Oh yeeeeah, Vincente shook his hand, agreed to form a coalition and then let his Mexican Postal Service depict black children as "oafish and ape-like". Jackson is going to lead a demonstration at Mexican consulates. WOW....I'm terrified, aren't you??? Jackson or whoever leads Black Americans needs to be demanding a cessation of all economic aid to Mexico; closing the damn border with Mexico so that NO MORE OF THESE RACISTS enter our country to steal jobs and opportunities from Americans including Black Americans; demanding that the President stop all "security and prosperity" discussions with Mexico and Canada; demand that Condoleezza Rice RETURN to Mexico and inform Vincente Fox that the UNITED STATES WILL NOT TOLERATE RACISM OR DO ANY BUSINESS WITH A RACIST NATION AND MEXICO THEREFORE WILL SEE NO MORE MONEY FROM THE USA.

You remember Bushey Boy sent her there a couple of months ago when the Minute Men set up patrols in Arizona and the Administrations of both nations were calling them Racist Vigilantes...oh yeeeeah......Bushey Boy rushed Ricey Girl down there to reassure Foxey Flop that the UNITED STATES WILL NOT TOLERATE RACISM...referring to the Minute Men.

Now...is that just too funny or what!! I'll bet Foxey could hardly keep a straight face during that meeting. Apparently with all Ricey Girl's education, she never learned to spot a REAL RACIST. Ricey Girl didn't know they were laughing at her behind her back....and drafting a stamp to humiliate her race as she is raging on about racism not being tolerated by the United States.

So....whatcha gonna do now, Ricey Girl? Have we heard from her yet? How about Elaine Chaio....have we heard from her yet? Chaio is Asian and US Secretary of Labor...charged with PROTECTING AMERICAN WORKERS CIVIL RIGHTS IN THE UNITED STATES....yet she's developing programs on behalf of illegal immigrants, the vast majority of whom are Mexican, Hispanic and/or Latino....and who are RACISTS!!

No? Oh....

What about Bushey Boy? Cut their aid off yet? Closed the border yet to keep these racists out of our nation? No? Oh....

Then it appears that THIS ADMINISTRATION just used the "race card" for political globalist gain wrongfully and falsely against American Citizens....on a "false and fabricated race card" to intimidate opponents to illegal immigration.....but....that stupid Harvard-educated phoney, we "belovedly" in the true Mexican spirit of the word call "FOXEY FLOP" keeps messin' it up by showing that he and his entire nation REALLY ARE NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF RACIST GOATS!!

It was the second time in seven weeks that Jackson called on Fox to apologize for a racial offense. In May, Fox apologized for saying that Mexican migrants in the United States work jobs that "even blacks don't want," a comment he said was taken out of context.

Marc H. Morial, executive director of the National Urban League, joined Jackson in calling on President Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to denounce the stamps. "It's outrageous, it's offensive, and it really raises the question of whether President Fox's apology was sincere and meaningful," Morial said.
    FOX NEVER APOLOGIZED!! Who are these idiots reporting the news? He said he regretted it and that his comments were taken out of context, but that RACIST GOAT never apologized.

Janet Murguia, president of the National Council of La Raza, said it is "impossible to overstate how appalled and offended I am, not only by the stamp but by the reaction of the Mexican postal service." She added: "Hispanic Americans and all other Americans will and should be equally outraged."
    Oh....Murguia is "appalled and offended". I'll bet that scares Foxey Flop, don't you? If Murguia is of Mexican Indian descent, FOXEY FLOP and the Spanish-descendants are laughing at her. You know Mexico is trying to depopulate itself of its entire Indian Population as well. OH yeeeeah, squeezed them out of their farms, forcing them to sell them for peanuts, and then wrote an 86 page "how to enter the US illegally" book and sent them all here.,,,,illegally!!

NOW, tell me folks, Mexico is in the LARGEST CATHOLIC DIOCESE in the world, si? Oui!! Now tell me, how does something as "prolific" as this racist attitude towards Blacks in Mexico, Latin and South America ESCAPE THE LARGEST CATHOLIC DIOCESE IN THE WORLD?

Have these Bish's and Card's been holding out on us? Do they know something about this RACISM in Mexico, Latin and South America that they aren't telling us about? Have they "met" on this? Have they written "letters to the editors" on this? Have they invited Foxey Flop and all the leaders of Mexico, Latin and South America to meetings in El Paso to spew forth their Views on this? Do they know from "confessions" how Mexico depopulated itself of its Black Population? I think the LARGEST CATHOLIC DIOCESE IN THE WORLD HAS BEEN HOLDING OUT ON US!!

David Pilgrim, curator of the Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia at Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Mich., said images such as that of Memin Pinguin are prolific in Mexico, Latin America and Japan. "I'm disappointed but not shocked," he said. "This is consistent with what we in the United States would refer to as a pickaninny image. It's disappointing when you find a government putting its stamp on racism."
    STOP ALL PAYMENTS TO RACIST NATIONS LIKE MEXICO!! SEAL THE DAMN BORDER AND KEEP THESE RACIST MOOCHES OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!!

NOW!!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

These fools This is most demeaning, RACIST, and inhumane thing that I have seen in a long time. I could say more, but it's "Hand Gun and Hard Liquor Night" joined with 4th of July, so I don't have time. But I will address this further. Jackson et.al should be on the airwaves about this.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN