Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well, well, well

What have we here?

Johnny; I have read your posts so far and am struck with the fact that your statements really are quite irrelevant to the issue in fact.

We know this country has been the "Light of the World" to so many races and ethnic groups. Goodness, people waited for weeks on Ellis Island in their clothes alone. Taking history classes, being checked for disease, being questioned as to their intentions and means of support etc. So concerned at the time was our government for their welfare and those of the people already here, that they took the time. Once the immigrants understood WHY, they recognized an entity that was truly interested in their DEVELOPMENT AND WELFARE. Nobody at the time was really interested in fostering an underclass.

Unfortunately for many, the abuses of immigrants themselves led to exploitation. I refer to those who came here before and did not heed the truths that were attempted to be impressed on them. People brought their baggage and exploitationist ethic with them too. No doubt, racism and predjudice is a legacy of the HUMAN RACE! We had our own issues with that as a young Nation, the result of which men fought over and died in droves to sort out. For people yet to come.

We who support alipac revert to the idea that All men are created equal, and that we are a Nation of LAWS not men. Men have a terrible track record. In this, any unequal treatment of peoples on any side is an abomination that is inconsistant with the true principles of this NATION.

We are not perfect, striving to be, is the GOAL. I promote FORBEARANCE and CLEMENCY. When it is offered and people do not make good on it, well then, are we fools? This is disrespect. We welcome anyone that wishes to be here under the LAW. The expectation that those here would not foster such conditions, should be implicit. Scofflaw americans are ruining the DREAM!

The FACT that our current leaders will not provide EQUITY speaks volumes of their true nature currently. To me this is the modern version of the SLAVERY issue.

Frankly after reading the posts, I smell the whiff of SOPHISTRY! I won't engage this so. Stick to the LAW, and RESPECT for it. Or change it. No more of this PURGATORY!! cheers naturalglenn

Quote Originally Posted by watchman
    Johnny,

FYI: tsunami

n : a huge destructive wave
    Notice the article "a"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny
    Johnny,

FYI: tsunami

n : a huge destructive wave
    Notice the article "a"
    I did notice the "a" .. as I also notice another type of "a."

Semantics?

Please see your private messages .. there is one awaiting you regarding forum rules.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

... but we all are in agreement on the main issue.
    A real round table. A bunch of people stroking each other and no doubt attacking any dissenters.

Nor for me. Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Klein Engler, American Daily, Apr 1
    ...wonder if the former was a smoke screen to obscure a debate over the latter...
    It's pretty certain that John McCain has been championing campaign finance, steroids and every other thing he can muster up to obfuscate his real problem. The jig's up but McCain's head is down, hiding, nowhere to be seen. WHERE ARE YOU JOHN? WHERE DO YOU STAND ON THIS ISSUE? I guess there's no cable money in it for him so he sees no need to show up. Good grief, this elected official has no regard for his constituency. Wonder what AZ citizens will do in the next election. Even if they throw the rascal out, it'll be too little, too late.
    '58 Airedale

Hey Johnny. If you can't take the heat. Stay out of the kitchen and always remember....

Intelligent people are notoriously short on common sense.

You come back now... ya hear?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

People have been migrating to the US for centuries.
    I wonder how many centuries this has been taking place? Could not be TOO many since the U.S. has existed for only two.

Whatever the case, it is probably a good idea to look back over centuries, and consider whether we should continue as they did.

Prior to the founding of America, people did migrate to and fro. That is if we ignore those who were subject to rule under the Mayan, Incan, or Aztec empires. As these people migrated, it was anything but peaceful. One tribe wandering into territory claimed by another tribe led to countless wars, some of which the losers were granted the privledge of having their hearts torn from their chest on an Aztec temple pyramid as sacrifice to the gods. Yes.. from the loving act of setting elderly people adrift on iceburgs practiced in the far north, to plains indians who plundered the tents of a dead warrior leaving his widow to freeze in the snows, to the stone age people who still reside in squallor in South America.. all was idyllic. Which is why so few native americans live outside the reservations, and choose instead to reject all those things which European technology and culture provided, such as cars, electricity, frame houses, and hospitals. I am sure memories of dragging their hide shelters across the plains with dogs pulling a travois, and memories of the days when 60 to 70% never reached age 18, brings back fond feelings of nostagia.

This is a modern world, man, with political boundaries. Deal with it. When I can go to mexico, take their jobs, demand that my kids be taught in English, get equal rights if I get in trouble with the law that we give to their citizens, and draw welfare from the mexican government... then come back and try feeding us a line.

... but we all are in agreement on the main issue.
    A real round table. A bunch of people stroking each other and no doubt attacking any dissenters.

Nor for me. Goodbye.
    Well, I went back and looked thru the posts, and I do not see where anyone attacked you. We attacked your opinion, since you offered it up and we disagree with it, but then what do you expect? Ya think you will be allowed to state your opinion and we should all have to keep our mouths shut and not dare to disagree?

Identifying oneself with ones opinions is a dangerous thing, friend. Because when you encounter an arguement which shows your opinion to be false, then your own sense of identity is attacked. Because I care for your well being, I am going to suggest you seek help with a nearby minister, psychologist, or Yogic teacher.

However, if you should find anything above in which someone said something negative about YOU.. then feel free to post it and correct me.

Meanwhile, if you are incapable of bearing to have your opinions put to the test, then do not let the door hit ya in the butt on your way out.

Well, well, well

Johnny, you are welcome here, however understand one thing..
    WE that have had our eyes opened, we that are living with the illegal immigration know of what we speak. Mainly because we have researched and educated ourselves so that we know the facts and the truth! Those of us that are LIVING and SEEING what the truth is are the ones that are fighting for our country! We are a nation of immigrants yes, but of LEGAL immigrants. If you would just take the time to research what is happening to this country, you should reach the same conclusion, at least if you have an open mind and care about AMERICA.

IF, after you do this, you still have a problem, then we will be happy to debate it with you. However, if you chose to be closed minded and are of the opinion that it is "your way or the highway" then go elsewhere. We are here for honest open debate on the issue of illegal immigration.

If you can show me why we should support illegal immigration, then by all means enlighten me. I will tell you this. I have researched this and know from first hand experience how the immigration system works. So, I hope you know of what you speak.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Just for the record, here's how Sen John McCain voted. First the moonbat vote:

Quote Originally Posted by NumbersUSA
    Voted in 1996 to continue chain migration
    Sen. McCain in 1996 voted against the Simpson Amendment to S.1664. It was a vote in favor of a chain migration system that has been the primary reason for annual immigration levels snowballing from less than 300,000 in 1965 to around a million. Sen. McCain supported provisions that allow immigrants to send for their adult relatives. Then each of those relatives can send for their and their spouse's adult relatives, creating a never-ending and ever-growing chain. The bi-partisan Barbara Jordan Commission recommended doing away with the adult relative categories (begun only in the 1950s) in order to lessen wage depression among lower-paid American workers. The Simpson Amendment attempted to carry out that recommendation. But Sen. McCain helped kill the reform by voting with the 80-20 majority against the amendment. Sen. McCain's vote helped continue a level of immigration that the Census Bureau projects will result in a doubled U.S. population in the next century.

Voted in favor of chain migration in 1996
    Sen. McCain voted in 1996 against the Feinstein Amendment to S.1664. The Feinstein Amendment would have reduced annual admission of spouses and minor children of citizens to 480,000 and significantly reduced annual limits other categories of chain migration such as parents of citizens and adult unmarried children of citizens. By voting against the Feinstein Amendment, Sen. McCain voted in favor of a system of chain migration that has been the primary reason for annual immigration levels snowballing from less than 300,000 in 1965 to around a million today. In 1996 the bi-partisan Barbara Jordan Commission recommended doing away with the adult relative categories (begun only in the 1950s) in order to lessen wage depression among lower-paid American workers. The Feinstein Amendment attempted to carry out that recommendation. The Feinstein Amendment would have had an overall impact of reducing U.S. population growth by about 1.2 million over 10 years, but it was defeated by a vote of 26 to 74.

Voted for huge increase in 1990
    Sen. McCain helped pass legislation in 1990 that increased the numbers in all categories of immigration. America’s immigration tradition had been around 250,000 immigrants a year until the 1980s when numbers rose dramatically to more than 500,000 a year. After Sen. McCain voted in 1990 in favor of raising limits, immigration has now snowballed to around 1,000,000 (one million) a year, contributing the majority of U.S. population and labor growth, congestion and sprawl.

Cosponsored legislation to import more low-skill foreign workers in 2004...would have raised the annual cap on H-2B visas...

Voted for a foreign worker bill with no anti-fraud measures in 2000....triple the number of foreign high-tech workers...

Nearly doubled H-1B foreign high-tech workers in 1998...increased by nearly 150,000 the number of foreign workers high-tech American companies could hire over the next three years...

Voted to allow firms to lay off Americans to make room for foreign workers in 1998...opportunity to vote for a measure requiring U.S. firms to check a box on a form attesting that they had first sought an American worker for the job. Sen. McCain voted against that...

Voted to allow firms to lay off Americans to make room for foreign workers in 1998...had an opportunity to vote for a Kennedy amendment that would have prohibited U.S. firms from using temporary foreign workers to replace Americans. Sen. McCain opposed that protection...

Sen. McCain has taken no action to reduce the rewarding of illegal immigration by giving citizenship to anchor babies.

Cosponsored bill to create an amnesty for illegal agricultural workers in 2003-2004

Cosponsoring bill to create an amnesty for illegal agricultural workers in 2005

Cosponsored bill to reward illegal aliens with in-state tuition and amnesty in 2003-2004

Cosponsored so-called guestworker program to create amnesty for illegal aliens in 2003-2004

Voted to grant amnesty to close to one million illegal aliens from Nicaragua and Cuba in 1997

Voted in 1996 for major law that cracked down on illegal aliens.

And now for the up side of this GOP wannabe:

Voted for comprehensive alien tracking and identification system in 2002

Co-sponsored border security and alien tracking and identification legislation in 2001

Voted against an amnesty for illegal aliens in 2000

Voted against an amnesty for illegal aliens in 2000

Tried to kill voluntary pilot programs for workplace verification in 1996

What more needs to be said? His record speaks for itself. Only Raul Grijalva and Ed Pastor had records this bad. McCain Votes
    '58 Airedale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast