Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico City starts grope-free buses for women

Coming soon to a city near you...The Mexican 'Gropers'

Mexico starts grope-free buses for women
    Women-only bus service protects female passengers from harassment
    Reuters
    updated 11:23 a.m. ET, Tues., Jan. 22, 2008

A bus with a sign reading "service exclusive for women" drives
    through the streets of Mexico City last week.

MEXICO CITY - Mexico City has started a women-only bus service to protect female passengers from groping and verbal abuse common on the city's packed public transportation system.

Millions of people cram into subway trains and buses in the Mexican capital, one of the world's largest cities, and women have long complained of abuse from men taking advantage of overcrowding to sneak in an inappropriate grab.

"One time a man stuck his hand up my skirt. They grab your butt ... It's gross," said 27-year-old office assistant Lourdes Zendejas, who waited 20 minutes during the evening rush hour to catch one of the new buses.

The special buses pull up at ordinary stops but have large pink "women only" signs on the front and side. They were added to two busy routes last week and the city government plans to expand the program to 15 other routes by April.

'This is wonderful'
    Mexico City's transport system, which also includes hundreds of privately operated "micro" buses, carries twice as many riders as New York's.

"We were constantly receiving complaints of women being leered at, kissed or followed," said Carlos Cervantes, spokesman for the city's public bus system.

Mexico City already had reserved the first three cars in subway trains for women and children but this is the first time the model has been tried in buses.

Women using the new service on Monday had space to sit down and giggled as the driver turned away men at the door.

"This is wonderful. Men never give up their seat for us old people, no one is a gentleman," said 73-year-old Beatriz Perez, whose bulging shopping bags were tucked under her seat.

But not everyone was convinced that having only women would make the ride more pleasant.

"Women can be aggressive too," said telephone operator Rosa Maria Vargas, 42, traveling with her 9-year-old son. "When it gets really crowded, I've been pushed and punched before by men and women."

Copyright 2008 Reuters. Click for restrictions.
    URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22783181/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh but its ok that they stand around by the dozens on our street corners (day labors) and harrass American women ( wifes sisters, daughters, mothers etc.) And destroy American bussinesses.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The more I read about Mexican culture, the more I want that (MOD EDIT) on our southern borders.

I GUESS CATHOLICISM DOESN'T REALLY WORK IN MEXICO, DOES IT, GUYS?
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    The more I read about Mexican culture, the more I want that (MOD EDIT) on our southern borders.

I GUESS CATHOLICISM DOESN'T REALLY WORK IN MEXICO, DOES IT, GUYS?
    can't argue with you on that one EX_OC
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Oh but its ok that they stand around by the dozens on our street corners (day labors) and harrass American women ( wifes sisters, daughters, mothers etc.) And destroy American bussinesses.
    Exactly, SOSAD!!!

How long will it be before all the gropers are here??? This is so unbelievably repulsive!!! Non-Groper buses!!! Women only!!! Deport all the GROPERS, NOW!!!

Actually, this is a great indictment against the very culture of Mexico. We should really start playing up the fact that Mexico is now forced to separate the women from the gropers!!! It's not going to play well in Peoria! If our citizens get wind of this...it will spread panic! Groper-phobia!

MEXICO CITY - Mexico City has started a women-only bus service to protect female passengers from groping and verbal abuse common on the city's packed public transportation system.
    How pathetic that women have to have their own buses so that they won't get gropped by these animals.
    Whats wrong with the men in Mexico? And why should America have to put up with these sexual perverts? Just keep them in Mexico where they belong!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Exactly, SOSAD!!!

How long will it be before all the gropers are here??? This is so unbelievably repulsive!!! Non-Groper buses!!! Women only!!! Deport all the GROPERS, NOW!!!

Actually, this is a great indictment against the very culture of Mexico. We should really start playing up the fact that Mexico is now forced to separate the women from the gropers!!! It's not going to play well in Peoria! If our citizens get wind of this...it will spread panic! Groper-phobia!

Yes lets spead the "Groper word" Groper phobia will be a nice change if you ask me! I wonder if it is racist .
    "Gropers" on one side of the room please and "women" on the other!!

Groper segregation!

This must be another one of those heart warming examples of the wonderful family values the invaders seem to embrace.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Exactly, SOSAD!!!

Actually, this is a great indictment against the very culture of Mexico. We should really start playing up the fact that Mexico is now forced to separate the women from the gropers!!! It's not going to play well in Peoria! If our citizens get wind of this...it will spread panic! Groper-
    phobia!

Yes lets spead the "Groper word" Groper phobia will be a nice change if you ask me! I wonder if it is racist .
    "Gropers" on one side of the room please and "women" on the other!!

Groper segregation!

SoSad...I can't get this out of my mind now, lol! Can we add GROPERPHOBIA to Wikopedia? Now they can call us Xenophobic Groperphobes!!!

Racist, Bigoted, Xenophobic, Groperphobes !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast