Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico investigates allegations against Minutemen!!!!

This is the straw to break the camels back! If Bush does to speak up for our citizens then he is no better than this leaves NO doubt! HE IS A TRAITOR!!!! IMPEACH HIM!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... en-ON.html

Mexico investigates allegations against Minutemen

Associated Press
    Apr. 11, 2005 04:20 PM MEXICO CITY -

Mexican authorities are investigating reports that 13 migrants may have been apprehended by U.S. civilians guarding the Arizona-Mexico border against illegal crossers, a top foreign relations official said Monday.

Volunteers part of the "Minuteman Project," some of whom are armed, began patrolling April 1 for migrants crossing the Arizona-Mexico boundary, considered the most porous stretch of the 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexico border.

Mexican Deputy Foreign Secretary for North America Geronimo Gutierrez said he had received reports that 13 Mexicans were "detained and referred to the Border Patrol" by U.S. volunteers.

"We are doing an investigation in each one of these cases," Gutierrez said. "The Border Patrol of the Tucson Sector up to this moment has confirmed that this is not true, but nevertheless we will finish with the investigation."

Fred Elbel, a spokesman for Minuteman Project, said late Monday he didn't know anything about the accusations migrants had been detained improperly.

"I have not heard a thing about that," Elbel said in a phone interview. "Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't. But I'm fairly sure that if it had happened with Minuteman Project that I would have heard about it."

The Minuteman Project volunteers claim they are out to identify illegal crossers to U.S. authorities and call attention to the illegal migration issue.

Elbel said project volunteers "do not detain anybody."

"We simply observe," he said. "We look and we report."

But Mexicans commonly refer to the volunteers as "migrant hunters," and officials in Mexico City have been on guard against human rights violations.

Migrants are being interviewed as they are repatriated to Mexico to monitor how they are being treated, Gutierrez said.

"We haven't so far received any reports of there having been an aggression against Mexican migrants on the part of these people," he said.

Gutierrez said Mexican authorities are prepared to file complaints in U.S. courts against volunteer patrols that take the law into their own hands or abuse Mexicans in any way.

"In the United States without a doubt there exists just like in Mexico the freedom to congregate," Gutierrez said at a press conference. "That is why it's important to identify the crimes for which these people can be tried according to their own U.S. legislation. This includes battery, false arrest, assault and many more. ... As soon as a crime of that nature is constituted there, we will proceed without a doubt."
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Urgggggggggg

Sorry, my fingers did not keep up with my brain when I typed in my comment! I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Can you just feel the venom in the statements by the Mexican administration? "Oooh you darn Minutemen! We'll get you yet! Foiled again, but we will be back! Curses!"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gutierrez a great US general during WWII made a short speach as a reply to the german general while he and his brave American's faced stiff odds. They in the end won their battle. I repeat to you that very same speach you.

NUTS !!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Mexico investigates allegations against Minutemen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    "In the United States without a doubt there exists just like in Mexico the freedom to congregate," Gutierrez said at a press conference. "That is why it's important to identify the crimes for which these people can be tried according to their own U.S. legislation. This includes battery, false arrest, assault and many more. ... As soon as a crime of that nature is constituted there, we will proceed without a doubt."
    Ya have any evidence? Then bring it on. Until then, either put up or shut up. By their own words (note the bold) it follows that since they have NOT proceeded at this point, then no "crime of that nature is constituted there".

A crime story and investigation for a crime that has never happened. Keep fishin boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    Gutierrez a great US general during WWII made a short speach as a reply to the german general while he and his brave American's faced stiff odds. They in the end won their battle. I repeat to you that very same speach you.

NUTS !!
    101st Ariborne. Bastogne. Ardennes counter offensive.. AKA Battle of the Bulge. In fact, they were surrounded by Germans who demanded their surrender. The response was "Nuts". They held out against unimaginable enemy action until Patton's Third Army broke through.

DQ,
    very good, you know your military history.

Leave it to the airborne to be short and to the point.

We ain't happy until we are surrounded.

If you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land, those you allow to remain will give you trouble in the land where you will live.'

I like that sign. Hope to see them posted in Texas before the summer is over.

maybe we should subtract $10k from the total aid we give Mexico annually for each illegal Mexican we catch entering illegally;$50k for each caught trafficking drugs,and enforce madatory prison time as well as fines for those who hire illegals.Also make the crime of smuggling (including humans) a mandatory 25yr-life penalty.Maybe then they'd take us a little more serious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast