Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico Says Anti-Castro Terror Suspect Wasn't Legally in Cou

May 25, 2005
    This story can be found at: http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBRYOJ869E.html

Mexico Says Anti-Castro Terror Suspect Wasn't Legally in Country, Vows to Hand Him Over to Venezuela
    By E. Eduardo Castillo
    Associated Press Writer

MEXICO CITY (AP) - A longtime foe of Cuban President Fidel Castro apparently passed through Mexico illegally, but if the United States deports him to Mexico, this country would pass him on to Venezuela, officials said Wednesday.

Luis Posada Carriles left no record of his reported passage from Mexico into the United States, indicating he was here illegally, but Foreign Relations Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez said that is a relatively minor offense and Mexico doesn't want him, even if he is deported here.

Sixx says: That is a relatively minor offense? Oh, I see

Derbez said the United States should hand Posada Carriles over to Venezuela, which wants to try the former CIA agent on charges of murder and treason for the 1976 bombing of a Cubana Airlines plane in which 73 people died.

If the United States deports the man to Mexico, the government here would probably hand him over to Venezuela, the government news agency Notimex quoted Derbez as saying. "We would be practically obliged to do this, we have an (extradition) treaty with Venezuela," Derbez said.

Sixx says: No, Senor Derbez, you know that Venezuela will take out Mexico city if you don't turn him over. You can fool some of the people....

"He would have to go to Venezuela because the Venezuelan case is very clear, there is a crime, which is compounded by his escape from prison," Derbez said. Derbez said he was convinced Posada Carriles was a terrorist.

Sixx translates: "Venezuela is not the United States. They DO NOT PLAY". "We have women and children here". "We will give Venezuela anything they want". "We do not want to become dust in the wind".

"I would be prepared not just to affirm, but to state with all clarity, the man is a terrorist," Derbez said.

Sixx translates: "I will say whatever I have to in order not to get into it with these people". "They have a REAL ARMY and Chavez is not Bush". "How did we get into this"? "We have to do more to secure our SOUTHERN border". "This could get us all killed".

On Wednesday, Mexican immigration commissioner Magdalena Carral delivered her report about Posada Carriles' movements to the Interior Department. Cuba had requested the report, after questioning how Posada could have passed through Mexico unnoticed.

"Mr. Posada Carriles entered in an undocumented manner because if not, we would have it in our records," Carral said after testifying before Congress.

Meanwhile, Mexican Navy Secretary Marco Antonio Peyrot told the Televisa television network Wednesday that Mexico had not been alerted to watch for a boat, the Santrina, that Castro says Posada took to the United States from the Mexican resort of Cancun.

Peyrot said all of the passengers on the vessel appeared to have valid passports, which were scrutinized by immigration officials.

Venezuela is asking the United States to extradite Posada, a former CIA agent, on charges of murder and treason for the 1976 bombing of a Cubana Airlines plane in which 73 people died.

He was acquitted twice in the case, but escaped prison as prosecutors were appealing.

Posada, a naturalized Venezuelan, was detained last week in the United States. He has told reporters that he was in Mexico illegally and that he slipped across the Mexican border into the United States rather than entering by boat.

Sixx says: I am going to back Venezuela. Mexico is going to pay for this illegal immigrant, escapee, whatever you want to call him. Chavez, while some say is not a "civil man", is a brilliant man. Yes, he is friends with Castro. That does not mean he is dumb. I like him. He and I have something in common: A vehement hatred of Fox. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

AP-ES-05-25-05 2016EDT
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

!

Hey Sixx,
    Read up on Venezuela before you make up your mind. There's some bad stuff there, my friend. Check them out. Most think they are worse than Mexico.

Worth a check, huh? Not being critical by the way. I know you to be a very intelligient man, just not sure you know as much about Venezuela as you do about Mexico.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. I would appreciate it, my friend.

I agree

Chavez is doing everything and anything to piss us off. Not only his fellow south american nations but it seems as if he is just deliberately trying to get under America's skin by befriending North Korea, Iran, Cuba. He sees himself as a young Fidel Castro. Sucks that we depend on this loser for 60 percent of oil exports. I dont know why the oilman in the white house doesnt start investing money in technology which will be less of a threat to the environment as well as take our dependency away from any foreign oil exporter. Sheesh

!

Okay! I've said it before and I'll say it again!

We need a LOVE EMOTICON on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in love with Sonali and his posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could someone please find us a Love Emoticon????

Ohhhhh Magooooooooo! Where are you? Do you have a Love Emoticon? I know you are the love machine!

Re: !

Quote Originally Posted by good12me
    Okay! I've said it before and I'll say it again!

We need a LOVE EMOTICON on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in love with Sonali and his posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could someone please find us a Love Emoticon????

Ohhhhh Magooooooooo! Where are you? Do you have a Love Emoticon? I know you are the love machine!
    http://www.smileys.smileygenerator.us/a ... Dir=./love

http://emoticons4u.com/love.htm

A gift from the Love Machine.

Re: !

Quote Originally Posted by good12me
    Hey Sixx,
    Read up on Venezuela before you make up your mind. There's some bad stuff there, my friend. Check them out. Most think they are worse than Mexico.

Worth a check, huh? Not being critical by the way. I know you to be a very intelligient man, just not sure you know as much about Venezuela as you do about Mexico.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. I would appreciate it, my friend.
    Thanks. No, you are right. I know Chavez is not our friend, but he is after my enemy. I trained officers from Venezuela and have been a vocal critic of the Army's "School of the Americas". In addition, I lived there for five years. Chavez is a brilliant soldier, a soliders soldier in fact. I don't agree with some of the stuff coming out of there, but I love the people there. Chavez is on his way out. Yes, he is down with Castro. Yes, he runs a tight ship-code word for corrupt. But if he is coming down on Mexico, the enemy of my enemy is my FRIEND!!! There are no permanent enemies or friends, just permanent ISSUES!!!
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

!

I know alot of people who say you should keep your friends near and your enemies nearer. What's your take on that, Sixx? I'm just picking your brain cause I'm curious.

Curiosity killed the cat -- but satisfaction brought him back!!

!

A gift from the Love Machine.
    I can't help it, Cause I don't know
    How to apply those Love emoticons
    To this website but I know you can!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cause Magoo, Magoo, you are the MAN.

I picked out 2 I liked.

http://[img]http://users.telenet.be/....gif[/img]

http://[img]http://users.telenet.be/....gif[/img]