Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico's Fox Apologizes for Black Comment

Mexico's Fox Apologizes for Black Comment By TRACI CARL, Associated Press Writer
    22 minutes ago

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050517/ap_ ... x_blacks_6

MEXICO CITY - President Vicente Fox reversed course Monday night and apologized for saying that Mexicans in the United States do the work that blacks won't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Fox repeatedly refused to back away from his Friday comment, saying his remark had been misinterpreted. But later, in telephone conversations with the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Rev. Al Sharpton the president said he "regretted" the statement.

"The president regretted any hurt feelings his statements may have caused," the Foreign Relations Department said in a press statement. "He expressed the great respect he and his administration has for the African-American community in the United States."
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

he would also like to sell some beach front property in Arizona.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He, like, seems so sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    He, like, seems so sincere.
    yes, but at least we know better.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm laughing--this is all so crazy. I hate this whole "apologize and that means you didn't mean it" thang. Look--we've all said mean and nasty things when we were pissed off, but I get the sense that Fox was absolutely honest when he said (more or less) that his pissant subjects would do what Jorge's pissant subjects wouldn't!! I think this whole trashy episode might usher V.Fox into the media age where he has to answer to us commoners! Oopsy!

Well, the way you put I think I see a TV soap coming for vinny and georgie.

I agree with the threads from other members here that not only does Foxy's appology sound too good to be true but it came too late. Remember that the first AP article said he refused to say he was sorry. Besides his racist comments, he cares nothing for Amerians except prominent ones such as buddy Jorge Bush and the wealthy ones and ditto for his own country's citizens. What more can we say about this jerk? Except, he is trying to destroy the USA anyway he can to escape having to shell out more tax dollars himself (or the richest of Mexicans too that he is shielding from their taking responsbility for the citizens in their country living in poverty while they live the good life).
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Hey you all are way to hard on Fox. Look what the Official Mexican web site says about him
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfis ... /&lp=es_en

Today, Mexico no longer is into the hands of a single man. Mexico is into the hands of all the Mexicans, through the institutions that all we have constructed and we respected.

Like President, I decided to assume a democratic leadership and to add my work to the efforts of all and all the Mexicans towards the consolidation of a total and effective democracy, that offers more and better opportunities for all.

Each decision that I have taken has been product of a deep valuation and has had like purpose the improvement of the quality of life of and the Mexicans. My primary target has been that our children have a better future.

The Mexicans we want to build one more a righter, more equitable and more human society; a society in which the people are the center and the reason of being of each action of government. In answer to that demand, your government works so that there are more and better uses, so that the families and the companies have greater security and so that who plus need it they accede to more and better opportunities.

In democracy, each one of our voices counts and to every one it is called on to him to make its part. Together, the Congress, the Judicial Power, the Federal Executive, the governments of the states and the municipalities, the mass media and, mainly, and the citizens, we are constructing a new democracy. We are surpassing the authoritarianism, the corruption, the poverty, badly the recurrent use of the resources public, crises and the lies. The freedom, the responsibility, the honesty, the transparency and the equality of opportunities for all are the currencies of our time.

So that it lasts, the democracy must be effective and to produce results. Some advances already are at sight, like the 5 million families who have improved their conditions of life thanks to the program Opportunities. Also they are sample of it the million and average one of families who have acquired own house, as well as the million families who now count on the medical protection and medicines without cost; or more than five million children and children who receive a scholarship and can continue studying to be able to work a better future.

Still lack to do much. Still we have long time to continue advancing. During the next years, together, we are going to reach more results. Now that our economy is growing, more uses will be generated. With a greater coordination between the governments, we are going to attack, with all the force of the law, to the crime and the delinquency.

Like a locomotive, that after the starting is taking every time greater speed, today Mexico advances every faster day. We are a great country, of working men and women; we are a great nation founded on solid principles and values. The unit, the respect and the confidence orient our destiny.

We have in front of us two years of arduous work to strengthen the future of Mexico; in order to lay the the foundations of a nation with more and better uses, more security and more opportunities, for those who less they have.

Each woman and each man have a task that to fulfill to continue advancing, with firm step, in the construction of the Mexico of progress and opportunities that all we want.

In these pages you will see what together we have obtained and the challenges that wait to us in the horizon. It is much what we can do in next the two years.

We are changing the destiny of Mexico.

Vicente Fox Quesada

President of the Mexican United States (Strange how the Spanish Translated like that)

To contact Vicente Fox Quesada
    His email address is on the site..

By the way. they have a forum and it has some of the same headlines we post on alipacas well as some other interesting ones.[/b]
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)