Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico's man in Washington, D.C. (Bush) .. opinion

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/press_journal ... 95,00.html

Brenda Walker: Mexico's man in Washington, D.C.
    By BRENDA WALKER
    guest column
    March 16, 2005

What's going on with President Bush and his refusal to close down the wide-open southwestern border? Warnings are accumulating that the undefended boundary is the Achilles heel of national security, yet the president studiously avoids the obvious fixes.

The alerts are becoming more specific, like the recent Senate testimony of Admiral John Loy stating, "Several al-Qaida leaders believe operatives can pay their way into the country through Mexico and also believe illegal entry is more advantageous than legal entry for operational security reasons."

Worse, the president has actively sabotaged border security by reducing the number of new Border Patrol agents this year from 2,000 to only 210, after Congress authorized the long-overdue hiring increase.

Even more curious is the concern Bush shows for Mexican interests. When there is a policy decision to be made that helps Mexicans to the detriment of Americans, he consistently advances the Mexican agenda. Here's an incomplete list of policy decisions where the president has chosen the well-being of Mexicans over the good of Americans:

• Bush continues to offer a pro-Mexico amnesty policy, proposing that "willing workers," understood to be mostly Mexican, could be hooked up with "willing employers" to be transnational temps.

• Bush has favored opening America's highways to unsafe Mexican trucks through NAFTA even after the terrorist attacks, despite the obvious ease by which a large nuke could be hauled from Mexico to anywhere in the United States.

• The Bush administration supports the Social Security totalization agreement under which Mexican illegal aliens would be eligible for benefits after working only six quarters.

• Bush has not insisted Mexico extradite murderers and other serious criminals who have injured or killed Americans and then escaped across the border. As a result, an estimated 3,000 murder suspects have fled to Mexico.

• The White House has advocated that the easily forged standard ID for illegal aliens, the Mexico-issued matricula card, be more widely accepted for governmental and banking uses in the United States.

Employing a Karl Rovian strategy, Bush has courted the Mexican-American vote by coddling illegals. Such politics anger the majority of Americans across the spectrum who believe that immigration should be legal, controlled and reduced. But no matter how extreme Bush's Hispanic pandering, Latino voters remain largely Democratic.

Certainly, Mr. Bush is keen to keep the cheap-labor supply open for his business cronies, and, indeed, the Bush family has long-standing business connections with Mexicans. His family's ongoing contact with Mexican culture may have convinced them that a business climate less encumbered by annoying laws is more to their liking.

Making America more Mexican may seem like an agreeable business decision to the elites: It fits with the border-busting globalism that many of the Bush social class apparently envision for our future.

Though slavery will never be legally reinstated, millions of illegal aliens are the next best thing for post-American corporations. Foreigners of dubious status accept exploitation, don't complain about hazardous conditions, work for sub-living wages and don't demand expensive benefits.

Even accepting these crass calculations, Bush is making a dangerous gamble when al-Qaida sees the open southern border as an easy entrance. Alas, our president who fights for freedom abroad remains blind to the obvious national-security concerns at home.

Walker is a freelance writer living in Northern California who produces the Web sites (www.LimitsToGrowth.org) and (www.ImmigrationsHumanCost.org).
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

This article is so true. You wonder why some people call him Jorge Bush. To think that I actually voted for him back in 2000 thinking he was going to do some good. He's the biggest phony the conservatives ever voted into office. This guy may be one of the worst presidents ever. It just makes me sick.

The true believers are like "oh Bush is such a staunch conservative", blah/blah/blah. What is so conserative about:

1. Having open borders years after 9-11
    2. Record spending deficits through the roof
    3. No Child Left Behind leaving educating your children up to federal bureaucratic elites who want to educate your children with all kinds of perversion
    4. Attacking a country (Iraq) that posed no immediate threat to us whatsoever while leaving open our borders to an unarmed invasion from Mexico
    5. Prescription Drug Bill that heavily benefitted the major drug companies while raising the cost of prescription drugs to senior citizens
    6. Totalization agreement with Mexico where millions of Mexican nationals will draw a social security pension from your nickel
    7. Wanting to legalize millions of illegal aliens disguised as a guest worker plan
    8. Sending billions of tax dollars of foreign aide (which is unconstitutional btw) to countries experiencing natural disasters and combating aides (giving money to third world countries to combat aides when they aren't even smart enough to wear a condom)
    9. Giving millions of tax dollars to NEA to produce the most vulgar, disgusting art (if you want to call it that) known to mankind
    10. Giving corporations major tax breaks for outsourcing our jobs
    11. Trying to get Mexican nationals convicted of gang rape and murder off death row on a technicality (oh that's really so conservative Mr Bush) to appease Vicente Fox
    12. NAFTA, FTAA, GATT or whatever so called free trade (it's not really free) NWO ideas he cooks up to sellout America

Other than Tax cuts (mostly for the rich elites and big business, which is a crock because I make a poultry 50K a year and get back a couple of thousand if I'm lucky and these fat cats get enough back in a tax return to buy another Lexus) and tort reform, what has this guy done that makes him a conservative? Even some of his judical appointees are a joke.

Now I hearing names for 2008 (Rice, Rudy G, McCain, Jeb) and I'm like "I don't want any of these people anywhere near the presidency". Why do I bother to vote anymore? I vote for a Democrat and I get a Republican, I vote for a Republican and I get a Democrat. They are all the same with the exception of a rare few (Tom Tancredo and James Sensenbrenner, the few who actually want to stop the illegal alien insanity and have a brain to their name) and nobody takes any of the third party guys seriously so you might as well forget about them. Even if you do vote for something that passes (like Prop 187) then some lawyer in a black robe (activist judge) will take your vote away. This crap has gotten out of control. Where is our representation?

Sorry to go on a rant, but it's just how I feel.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Really, Viceroy Fox just says what both the Republican and Democrat leadership thinks but does not yet feel they can get away with proclaiming openly.