Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MI: Missing Amish teen found at border w/33 year old Mexican

UPDATE: Missing Montcalm Co. Amish girl recovered at Mexican border

Increase Type Size
    Decrease Type Size
    Matt Campbell

Created: 3/4/2008 2:28:27 PM
    Updated: 3/4/2008 3:16:27 PM

Lakeview - Michigan State Police say a 15-year-old Amish girl from Montcalm County was recovered at the Mexican border, and will be reunited with her family.

Investigators say Esther Herschberger left her family's home near Coral on February 24th. They say the girl left a note in her room telling her parents they should not worry.

Police say Esther called family friends on February 28th, asking them to tell her parents she was okay and in New York State. The next day, the friends received another call from someone crying. They believed the caller was Esther, but they were disconnected before anyone spoke.

Michigan State Police say they determined Esther was actually in Chicago when the call was made. They found out Esther travelled south to Mexico, where Mexican authorities detained her as she attempted to enter the country.

Police say the girl was in the company of 33-year-old Osvaldo Jaimes, a man from the Cedar Springs area. When investigators questioned Esther, she told them she planned to go to Mexico to marry Jaimes.

Police have made arrangements to reunite Esther with her family in Laredo, Texas, within the next 24 hours.

Web Editor: Matt Campbell, Producer

Here's another update. Sounds like the man's wife might be an uneducated illegal (that he married when she was 15), since they very clearly state that the couple's 4 children are American citizens. You can read between the lines that this couple are a pair of illegals.

TexasGal

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335973,00.html

Man Leaves Wife, Kids to Run Away With Amish Teen
    Friday, March 07, 2008

CEDAR SPRINGS, Mich. — A 33-year-old man's decision to run away with a 15-year-old Amish girl has left his family nearly destitute.

Julissa Jaimes says she and the couple's four children are unsure of their future as her husband, Osvaldo, sits in a Mexican jail awaiting possible extradition to Michigan.

Michigan authorities say he planned to marry the teenager. The Cedar Springs resident was arrested Monday trying to enter Mexico at the Laredo, Texas, border with the girl who was listed as a runaway.

"I'm just waiting for an eviction notice or a shut-off notice so the FIA (Family Independence Agency) can help me," Julissa Jaimes told The Daily News of Greenville for a story Thursday.

"He was very controlling, and he never let me work or nothing. I'm broken. This is very tough on me."

Osvaldo Jaimes and the teenager left her family's Montcalm County farm, about 30 miles northeast of Grand Rapids, on Feb. 24.

The girl is expected to be questioned by police when she returns to Michigan.

Charges against Osvaldo Jaimes will depend on what happened while they were together, police told the newspaper. A report eventually will be given to the Montcalm County prosecutor.

Osvaldo Jaimes rented space on the teen's family farm where he built crates for a local fruit farmer.

"Every time he would go where they live she would go out there and they would talk for hours," Julissa James said. "I don't know how her parents could let a young lady talk to an older man."

"My kids know everything that is going on. They say, `I can't believe my dad ran off with an Amish girl.'

"My plan is to get custody of the kids and a divorce."

Julissa Jaimes, 27, said the couple's four children, ages 7, 8, 10 and 11, are U.S. citizens.

Her cousin, Norma Vela, says Julissa was 15 when she married Osvaldo Jaimes.

"Who's going to help her? She doesn't have an education. How far is she going to get,"
    Vela told WZZM-TV in Grand Rapids.

1. Bigamy is still a crime in North America.

2. If either of them is illegally here, deport them..all of them, AFTER he serves his sentence. The wife can take her kids back to Mexico if she is an illegal alien.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Thanks for the update.....I had a suspicion there was more to this story. I hope they deport her and any of her other relatives that are here illegally, fine his employer, prosecute him and return the Amish girl back to the farm. In a way, her own family put her at risk by allowing illegal aliens to conduct business, lease space on their property. What on earth were they thinking?

He is just another Sicko from Mexico. Throw him in jail and then deport him.

These Amish families dont need illegal aliens helping them. They need to be warned. There are too many illegal alien pedophiles roaming the Amish countrysides.

Thank goodness this child was found and will be returned to her family.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn