Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Minuteman Project Issues Statement Regarding NBC Law and Ord

Slanderous NBC Minuteman portrayal dishonors Law and Order Patriots!

"Minutemen... are placed by Providence in the post of honor, … it is the post of danger... The eyes … of North America … are upon you. Let us therefore, be altogether solicitous that no disorderly behavior, nothing unbecoming our characters as Americans, as citizens … , be justly chargeable to us." -- The Provincial Congress of Massachusetts 1774

PARTIAL VICTORY CLAIMED, BUT MINUTEMEN OUTRAGED BY LAW & ORDER ‘NEW YORK MINUTE’ PROMOTION & BROADCAST

NBC’S SLANDERS MINUTEMEN AS MASS MURDERERS

Minuteman email:

… someone called me before the show and said that in a Channel 12 promo, which did a story after Law and Order, they saw me standing there talking to someone.....that means, I, as well as every other recognizable Minuteman/woman, is now a target..... That was a pretty crappy thing for Law & Order to do as far as I am concerned. Pheonix, AZ

TOMBSTONE, AZ (November 17, 2005) – As a result of the outcry by Minuteman volunteers and their supporters nationwide, the National Broadcasting Company (“NBC�) removed the name “Minutemen� from its on-air promotion yesterday of the Law & Order episode, “New York Minute.�

11/17/2005
    Chris Simcox
    www.minutemanhq.com

While this represents a partial victory over NBC’s abuse of the good name of the Minutemen, it does not mitigate the harm done to the Minutemen nor the danger to them by NBC’s attempt to ‘enrage America’ at the Minutemen.

NBC chose to endanger lives for profit!

NBC dropped the name “Minutemen� from its on-air promotion demonstrates that the network recognized it had a severe problem on its hands.

Chris Simcox, President of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, Inc. (“MCDC�), issued the following statement denouncing NBC for its slanderous promotion of the Law & Order episode last night that smeared the Minutemen as thugs and mass murderers:

Click here for Chris Simcox response on Lou Dobbs.

“We endeavored in good faith to contact NBC regarding our concerns about the promotion and broadcast of the ‘New York Minute’ episode of Law & Order that aired last night. Unfortunately, NBC refused to respond to our numerous attempts to contact them and aired the episode.

“NBC repeatedly broadcast promotions for the episode that stated ‘was it murder or Minutemen protecting our borders?� Last night just hours before the broadcast, the NBC Web site for Law & Order displayed the text, ‘Cold-blooded murder or Minutemen vigilantes on the U.S. border?’

“Even though the episode itself used the name ‘Countrymen’ for the border watch group instead of ‘Minutemen’ as advertised, damage had already been done to the Minutemen by NBC’s incessant naming of the ‘Minutemen’ in its promotion and campaign to entice and inflame the public leading up to the broadcast.

“We held out hope that the episode would end with a plot twist that reflected the truth: that it is smugglers who threaten, kidnap and murder their human cargo. However, NBC portrayed the group advertised as the Minutemen, in real life a group of civilian volunteers with an unblemished record of non-violence, as gunning down a human trafficker, attempting to kidnap at knifepoint an illegal alien and of literally cooking to death a dozen illegal aliens in a cargo truck.

“NBC promised the episode would ‘enrage America.’ Because of that provocative statement and the false light in which NBC portrayed the Minutemen, members of our group have reason to fear acts of violent retribution against them and their families by enraged Americans and others who believe that Law & Order stories are ‘ripped from today’s headlines.’

“NBC has acted with reckless disregard for the truth in an effort to harm the Minutemen by its promotion and broadcast of the Law & Order episode, ‘New York Minute.’ That NBC did this during November sweeps when the network tries to maximize ratings so as to line its pockets with increased advertising dollars makes this slander of the Minutemen even more despicable.�

The sister organizations Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, Inc., and the Minuteman Project, Inc., are recognized nationally as the founders and leaders of the civilian border watch and day labor site observation movement. The names “Minutemen� and “Minuteman� are regularly used by the public and the media to describe our organizations and our members.

The Minutemen have rescued hundreds of men, women and children who have been abandoned to die in the desert wilderness by their human traffickers.

By intentionally creating an environment of rage and hate and putting the lives of Minutemen all over the country at risk we hold NBC responsible for any and all violence, persecution, brutality, aggression, hostility and “hate crimes� toward Minutemen the promotions incite.

NBC - Stop the escalation hate for profit.

These attempts to defame the Minutemen must be put to an end. Please take a few minutes to call your LOCAL NBC affiliate right now and tell them not to promote hate for profit.

This is a very clear attack. Good men and women must stand up and say NO to the hate. I urge you to fight the good fight. You are being heard and the lawless open border crowd must use fabricated stories to incite hate.

Thank you.

Chris Simcox
    President
    Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, Inc.

Send a copy to everyone you know!

We need your support to battle the power and money behind this attack.

What can you do?

Continue to call, email and fax NBC and their affilitates

The creator and producer of "Law and Order" is Dick Wolf, a personal friend of Pres. George W. Bush, his classmate (1961-1964) and buddy from Phillips Academy, Andover, MA.

Wolf Productions
    100 Universal City Plaza, Bldg. 69
    Universal City, CA 91608

However, the network, NBC Universal Television Studio, has more say about the content of a show than even the producer, http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9766633/

NBCUNI.COM FEEDBACK
    100 Universal City Plaza
    Universal City, CA 91608

LawOrderSVU@nbcuni.com
    LawOrderCI@nbcuni.com
    LawOrder@nbcuni.com
    http://www2.rresults.com/1809998/defaul ... N=42613215

NBC
    30 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, NY 10112
    212-315-9016
    212-664-4444
    www.nbc.com

Call or email GE the parent company of NBC

General Media Inquiries (members of the media only, please) (203) 373-2039

Gary Sheffer Executive Director, Communications and Public Affairs (203) 373-3476 gary.sheffer@ge.com

Russell Wilkerson Financial Communications (203) 373-3193 russell.wilkerson@ge.com

Peter O'Toole Director, Public Relations (203) 373-2547 peter.o'toole@ge.com

Jonathan Klein Marketing Communications & Olympic Games Sponsorship (203) 373-2241 jonathan.klein@ge.com

Call some of the advertisers on the show and send them emails or buy something else

iPod
    Walk the Line (New Movie)
    Domino’s
    Crest
    Target
    BMW

Source
    www.minutemanhq.com

alipac homepage

http://www.alipac.us/article-878-thread-1-0.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The creator and producer of "Law and Order" is Dick Wolf, a personal friend of Pres. George W. Bush, his classmate (1961-1964) and buddy from Phillips Academy, Andover, MA.
    I knew it! Just as I said in another thread, this is all tied to the government. If our STUPID President was enforcing our existing immigration laws, Hollywood wouldn't even be focusing on immigrants.

Wasn't it the Bush campaign that put sublimial messages on commercials about Democrats (RATS)? The Bush family is poison.

Dick Wolf is just another liberal junkie.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

HOW LOW CAN THEY GO?...PRETTY LOW

Boy I wish I owned my own TV network so I could fight back on a similar power level. All I could do was call my local NBC affiliate and leave a message (not that I think they cared). I did notice that the promo I heard removed reference to the Minutemen that I did hear the previous day.

The Law & Order episode was a great example of how a TV producer through inuendo (sp?) can create a cloud of suspecion over an lawful person and/or organization. This was a great disservice to the country.

Also...did anyone else notice that the actor playing the "bad guy" looked somewhat like JG?
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Steve,

Yep, a lot of people noticed the bad guy looked like JG.

What they did with that show was pure evil.

W

They are trying to beat Jim for Congress. George Bush is a maniac, his friends are maniacs, they are all Wackateers worthy of IMPEACHMENT and removal from the Power Base of the United States. They can not be trusted in any manner. I knew this when that stupid Wackident called the MinuteMen "vigilantis", people he had never met, people he did not know, and had no basis at all to make such a comment. He even implied they were racist with no evidence and of course they are not and it was pure slander on national television by the elected representative of the American People who has betrayed every single one of us from every single corner of our lives.

I will never watch another NBC program.

Grrrrrrrr!!!

IMPEACH THE WACKIDENT!!

There is no low too slow for this pond scum to stoop. He is an embarassment and a hazard to the American People.

GO JIM GILCHRIST!!

GO MINUTEMEN!!

GO APLIAC!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, might as well throw out the old TV set and keep the computer.

It's tempting Rockfish...but you need to keep your tv to hear Lou, catch Hurricane Alerts....and watch the IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm thinking the NEW CONGRESS will need to do something more than impeach.

Im thinking a blue ribbon investigative body made up of US Citizens that has the power to issue indictments and charges.

I'm convinced at this point that there are a lot of people that need to go to prison over this betrayal of our nation.

W

NBC gave a huge blow to the legal American citizens of this country.

Millions (literally) of Americans greatly respect and appreciate the volunteer efforts of the Minutemen. From firefighters, to teachers, to librarians, to Congressmen. I know a lot of people who saw that had to have been ticked off. That was an insane decision, and frightfully irresponsible.

NBC may have caused a lot of harm to our country and it only took them an hour to do it. Wow.

just sent email to Gary Sheffer Executive Director.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast