Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Missing girl sexual assulted , most likely an IA

here's the headlines from CNN

"The remarkable recovery of an abducted 8-year-old girl in Fresno, California -- which combined solid police work with the efforts of good Samaritans -- turned bittersweet Tuesday when authorities said the victim had been sexually assaulted."

"Speaking through an interpreter, the girl's father said he was "very happy that his daughter is home."

you can read the full story here .

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/05/cal ... tml?hpt=T1

The comments are interesting , while on one level you have the usual hang the child molestor scum bag comments ,there's also an intense rage that the family was even here to begin with ...

i'm not suprised ... in the areas in which IA's live there's a real sense of lawlessness ... criminals proably think no one's going to call the cops ..

lucky american tax payer ! we get to put this guy behind bars for 20 years , pay the medical bills from the girls hopsitalzation and the increased police activities during her search , and of course we will get to pay for her education k-12 for the next decade and food stamps on top of that ...

i say , treat her at the hospital then round up and deport the family .

FROM LINK ABOVE

Abducted California 8-year-old was sexually assaulted, police say
    By the CNN Wire Staff
    October 5, 2010 7:43 p.m. EDT

Abducted 8-year-old child found
    STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* NEW: Authorities say girl, who was recovered Tuesday, had been sexually assaulted
    * NEW: Girl's father "is very happy that his daughter is home"
    * NEW: Police identify suspect as as Gregorio Gonzalez, 24, of Fresno
    * Police chief says citizens and "good Samaritans" are "heroes"

Check out local reports on CNN affiliates KFSN-TV and KSEE-TV.

(CNN) -- The remarkable recovery of an abducted 8-year-old girl in Fresno, California -- which combined solid police work with the efforts of good Samaritans -- turned bittersweet Tuesday when authorities said the victim had been sexually assaulted.

Still, the fact that the girl was back home after the harrowing ordeal brought thanks from her parents during a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

Speaking through an interpreter, the girl's father said he was "very happy that his daughter is home."

Police praised citizens, the media and good Samaritans as "heroes" on Tuesday, saying their efforts led to recovery and the arrest of the man, a suspected gang member, accused of taking her.

"It is truly a miracle of God that she is with us today," Police Chief Jerry Dyer said.

The girl was recovered Tuesday, hours after authorities said she was forced into a pickup truck at a Fresno apartment complex by a man who had approached a group of children playing.

She was taken to a hospital for an examination, Dyer told reporters, initially saying the girl was "frightened" and "traumatized" but in good condition. Police indicated later she was the victim of sexual assault in a wooded area, perhaps out of town, before the motorist drove back to Fresno.

Watching the girl and her mother reunite, Dyer said, was "the highlight of my career."

Police identified the suspect as Gregorio Gonzalez, 24, of Fresno. Charges against him will include kidnapping, false imprisonment and sexual assault. Gonzalez, who lives with his grandparents, is a member of the Bulldog gang, has been arrested for possession of a sawed-off shotgun and was on probation for felony domestic violence, Dyer said.

About 7 a.m. (10 a.m. ET), a person described by Dyer as a good Samaritan told police he was driving when he saw a truck similar to a description of the suspect's vehicle given by authorities. The person, who had watched the news and was familiar with the case, began to follow the truck, Dyer said.

The driver initially said he only saw a man in the truck and no one else, but within a few minutes saw a child stick her head up. "He realized right then and there he had the suspect vehicle," Dyer said.

The man pulled in front of the truck and cut it off, and the young girl "took the moment of opportunity, opened up the passenger door, and jumped out and ran," he said. A second good Samaritan stayed with the girl, Dyer said.

The driver pursued the pickup truck and was able to obtain a partial license plate number, which he gave to dispatchers, the chief said.

CNN affiliate KFSN later spoke with Victor Perez, who said he was the motorist who followed the suspect's truck. "I thank God that he put me here to help out that little girl."

About 40 minutes later, the California Highway Patrol received a report of a truck matching the vehicle description parked behind a church, Dyer said. Responding officers were not able to find the truck at the location and contacted the tipster, who advised them it had been driven away. It was later found parked nearby, behind an apartment complex.

The officer initially thought the truck was not occupied, but a man raised up as the officer exited his car, Dyer said. The unarmed man was taken into custody without incident, he said.

A witness has identified the man as the person at the abduction scene, the chief said.

"We beat the odds today," Dyer said, adding that often abduction victims aren't found until it is too late. Of those killed in an abduction, 74 percent are killed in the first three hours, he said.

"I want to say thank you to the citizens of Fresno and the good Samaritans," he said. "They are heroes." He also thanked the media for their assistance.

Authorities were notified of the incident about 8:30 p.m. Monday, Dyer had said earlier. A man reportedly drove up to an apartment complex where a group of children were playing, approached two girls and attempted to lure them into his truck. A younger girl, 6, walked away, Dyer said, but the victim began walking with the man.

Two witnesses nearby, a man and a woman, saw what was going on and yelled at the children to get away from the vehicle and the man, Dyer said. But before the girl had time to react, he said, the man grabbed the girl, pushed her into the driver's side of the pickup and sped off with the truck's headlights off.

The girl's mother got into a car and tried to chase the truck down, but was unsuccessful, Dyer said.

Police had received a report shortly before the incident of a man with a similar description and vehicle exposing himself to young girls nearby, the chief said. The man got into a pickup and drove away with his lights out, Dyer said. The mother of one girl chased him on foot but did not catch him.

The vehicle was described as being a late 1970s or early 1980s model Ford or Chevy pickup, either dark brown or reddish-brown in color, Dyer said earlier. The two-door pickup reportedly had a 6-inch-wide white stripe on the side, and was spotted on policing cameras from the area, he said.

The police chief said the man attempted to entice the girls into the truck by promising them something, but would not say what. CNN affiliate KFSN reported the man spoke in Spanish and told the children that he would take them to the Dollar Store and buy them toys if they got into the truck.

A man who was detained earlier Tuesday after a witness tip was questioned and released; authorities believed he was not involved.

"This is truly the first stranger abduction kidnapping that I believe has occurred at least since I have been the chief," Dyer said. Such incidents are "very rare in law enforcement today, fortunately."

Mayor Ashley Swearengin summarized the city's reaction.

"This is a remarkable accomplishment for an entire community," she said. "This is a relatively happy ending to an otherwise tragic tale."

Abducted Girl Found, Suspect in Custody

By KSEE News

Abducted Girl Found, Suspect in Custody
    October 5, 2010

Fresno Police located the 8 year old victim around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday. She was located in Fresno, on Thesta. Police say she was abducted from her Central Fresno home Monday night. The suspect was found a short time later and is in police custody. He is 24 year old Gregorio Gonzalez of Fresno. Police say the girl was the victim of a sexual assault.

Police Chief Jerry Dyer expressed his gratitude to the good samaritans who helped find the girl alive. Police say Victor Perez saw the suspect vehicle in his neighborhood, followed it, and attempted to corner the suspect. Perez says the girl escaped the truck once it stopped. The vehicle then sped off, but was later spotted at 9th and Saginaw. That's where CHP found Gonzalez and made the arrest.

Police are holding a press conference at 1pm. Stay with KSEE 24 News for continuing coverage.

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Abuduc ... 42493.html

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say an 8-year-old girl who was abducted while playing outside a Fresno home was sexually assaulted before managing to escape her captor when another driver cut him off in traffic.

Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer says the child told investigators that 24-year-old Gregorio Gonzalez took her to a wooded area near a canal and sexually assaulted her after kidnapping her Monday night. Police say Gonzalez is a member of the Bulldog street gang.

Authorities previously released the girl's name when issuing an Amber Alert, but Action News and The Associated Press does not name victims of sexual assault.

The search for a missing Fresno girl ended with the 8-year-old safely at the hospital and the suspect in custody. More than 100 officers had been looking for the eight-year-old girl.

The suspect has been identified as Gregorio Gonzalez.

Action News has confirmed counselors are at Webster Elementary to help students deal with their feelings about the kidnapping.

Investigators say the girl was abducted around 8:30 p.m. Monday night from the Fresno County area of Mariposa and Hammond. The victim was found around 7 a.m. Tuesday morning near Thesta and Peralta in Central Fresno. The suspect was also found in Central Fresno near Dakota and 9th along with his Chevy truck.

Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer said "Good Samaritans" came to the rescue of the girl. Dyers said the kidnapper was spotted by a driver in Central Fresno. "He began to follow the vehicle. He only saw one driver in the vehicle -- didn't see a passenger. However, a short time later he saw [the victim] sick her head up."

Witnesses saw a man in his twenty's put the victim in his red pickup truck with a distinctive white stripe on it Monday evening.

Investigators car calling the person that spotted the car a "Good Samaritan" because of a bold move he made.

"He cut in front of the suspect's vehicle -- cut him off. [The victim] took the moment of opportunity, opened up the passenger door and jumped out," said Dyer.

A witness to this escape came to the eight-year-old's rescue. The suspect took off. CHP officers spotted the car behind a Central Fresno apartment complex with the suspect inside. He was arrested without incident.

"We have had a witness come over and positively identify him as the person responsible for the abduction," said Dyer.

The victim was re-united with her family at Community Regional Medical Center.

Chief Dyer: "Precautionary measure for an examination. She is frightened, traumatized. I gotta tell you it was the highlight of my career seeing [the victim] and her mom unite in that hospital room."

Investigators are confident they have the person responsible for the kidnapping. They have called off the search and are not looking for anybody else because of witness statements.

Chief Dyer said the Amber Alert system and the extensive media coverage helped reunited this young girl with her family.

Police say the quick action by a Fresno man helped the victim escape from her kidnapper. The happy ending took place in a residential neighborhood that is about one-mile away from where the victim lives.

Victor Perez told Action News he was watching ABC 30 Tuesday morning and saw the description of the wanted truck. At about 6:40 a.m. Tuesday morning, he noticed the truck parked in front of a Central Fresno home. That's when he jumped in his own car and took action.

Victor Perez said, "I was yelling, but I kept cutting him off so he would get off the road. At first it was just like a simple question, 'I need to talk to you,' and he goes, 'No, my truck is messing up. I need to leave,' so I said 'Okay.'"

"I didn't see no little girl. So the second time I cut him off, the little girl stuck her head out. That's when I said, 'Okay, that ain't your girl right there.' Because he was hiding her -- like pushing her down.

"I thank God he put me here to help out that little girl -- that's for sure. I got kids out there, and nephews and nieces, and I wouldn't want know one to do that to my family. I don't know those people, but they are from the same neighborhood that I'm from. I'm glad God put me here."

Shortly after the little girl was found, her relieved family members posted signs in front of their home thanking the Fresno Police Department.

When asked how the girl was doing, Victor Perez said the girl was scared. He told her that it was okay and she was fine now.

Watch Action News Live at Five and Six for more on Victor Perez's amazing story.

Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for more on this developing story.

---

Action News Reporter Gene Haagenson and the Associated Press contributed to this story.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?secti ... id=7706968