Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MN: Protestors & Supporters Rally on Immigration

Video at the source link.
    ~~~

Posted at: 05/29/2009 10:55 PM
    By: Rindi Cooper

Protestors & Supporters Rally on Immigration

(ABC 6 NEWS) -- It's controversial topic that many feel passionately about…immigration in the United States.

Hundreds of people came together in Austin to show their support for migrant workers in the area.

No more deportations, residency for all, these were just a few of the messages supporters expressed during the vigil for immigration reform, that seemed to be more of a rally.

More than 300 people held up signs, candles and crosses conveying their hope for fair treatment to migrant workers.

"Most of the time that's what people are trying to do is make a living and survive," says Ernesto Bustos, Community Organizer.

Centro Campesino, a local organization and supporter of immigration reform, organized the vigil.

They have traveled around southeastern Minnesota with a few main goals in mind.

Supporters weren't the only ones with a message; others came to this vigil to speak out against illegal immigration.

"The people that are coming here illegally do not want to become Americans they want to live here, work here, and earn money here," says Paul Westrum.

Paul Westrum says illegal immigrants cost the country about 68 billion dollars a year, and opponents say it's time for that to stop.

"This is what's causing some of the economic problems we have today, is when you take 68 billion dollars and spend it on people that are here illegally, it's taking away money from the taxpayers," says Paul Westrum, Against Illegal Imm.

But these supporters say America is their home, and they will do what it takes, to keep it that way.

"I don't want to see my family broken up, I want to be with my family," Manuel Agualar, Supporter says.

This is the third of a series of vigils put on by Centro Campesino, the next vigil will be held in Faribault on June 10TH.

http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S9546 ... ?cat=10219
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This article is clearly slanted in favor of the illegals. In situations like the one described with people from both sides in the street since they tend to turn out more street protesters success is getting the names of organizations like ALIPAC and NumbersUSA in the news.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)