Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MO: Main immigration bill loses support

The cheap labor lobby and CoC are at it again.
    ----
    Columbia Business Times
    Main immigration bill loses support
    by Randy McConnell

February 22,2008

Rep. Vicki Schneider anticipated few troubles when she introduced legislation that would require Missouri employers to use a free online federal database designed to detect illegal immigrants.

Schneider, a Republican from St. Charles, had the support of Gov. Matt Blunt and the understanding that Republican core voters are particularly passionate about the subject of illegal immigration.

House Speaker Rod Jetton signed on as the lead co-sponsor after Schneider arranged for him to meet with Kris Koback, the University of Missouri- Kansas City law professor who drafted the bill and who had worked for former U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft as an immigration adviser.

House officials expected the Schneider bill to become a major vehicle for the effort to crack down on illegal immigration, which Jetton and Senate President Pro Tem Mike Gibbons both highlighted as a major issue during speeches at the start of the session. The House special committee on immigration scheduled early hearings on House Bill 1736.

But just over a month into the legislative session, Schneider's bill is in trouble, and the head of a House immigration committee is looking for an alternative but said time is running short.

All of the state's major business lobbies— Associated Industries of Missouri, the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the National Federation of Business-Missouri—are firmly united to scuttle the legislation, and Jetton's views have changed.

[b]“The speaker is backtracking,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Related story in another thread about MO House Speaker Jetton who has not only caved to the cheap labor lobby, but is now also insulting US workers:

"Jetton made his remarks when asked about his statement made to Republicans in Springfield, Mo., that he would like to "trade some of our people for some of the Mexicans who work so hard."

He didn't back away from that remark. "If we can find a way to trade them, I would trade them in a heartbeat," Jetton said."

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-105104.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Related story in another thread about MO House Speaker Jetton who has not only caved to the cheap labor lobby, but is now also insulting US workers:

"Jetton made his remarks when asked about his statement made to Republicans in Springfield, Mo., that he would like to "trade some of our people for some of the Mexicans who work so hard."

He didn't back away from that remark. "If we can find a way to trade them, I would trade them in a heartbeat," Jetton said."

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-105104.html
    What a creep! Though to be fair, if the workers aren't pulling their weight, that's not right either.

Here is Jetton's website and contact info, if anyone wants to contact him.

http://www.rodjetton.org/

His site says he is for:
    "Fiscal Responsibility
    Quality Education
    Traditional Family Values
    Missouri Jobs & Security"

Doesn't he realize or care that illegal immigration negatively impacts all of these?? What a joke.

I do the work that 'americans will not do'-the truth is that many places tell americams they are not hiring ,but if you call back with hispanic accent or tell them you are a contractor and have some' migrants' that need work 8 out of 10 times they tell you to send them over-I know becuae I have done this about 50 times -40 of those 50 who were no hiring the day before ,all of a sudden needed help from'migrants' the next day-these were for construction,tree work,landscaping,painting and restuarant work

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Here is Jetton's website and contact info, if anyone wants to contact him.

http://www.rodjetton.org/

His site says he is for:
    "Fiscal Responsibility
    Quality Education

[b]Doesn't he realize or care that illegal immigration negatively impacts all of these?? What a joke.
    [/b]

Oh, I'm sure he does care about all of these things:
    "Fiscal Responsibility
    Quality Education

So long as they pertain to ILLEGAL ALIENS.

He's obviously just another one whom could not give a damn about the people he is paid to represent.

Quote Originally Posted by DHolmes7
    I do the work that 'americans will not do'-the truth is that many places tell americams they are not hiring ,but if you call back with hispanic accent or tell them you are a contractor and have some' migrants' that need work 8 out of 10 times they tell you to send them over-I know becuae I have done this about 50 times -40 of those 50 who were no hiring the day before ,all of a sudden needed help from'migrants' the next day-these were for construction,tree work,landscaping,painting and restuarant work
    You see those types of contractors all over the place here, too. What dismays me the most is that the wealthiest homeowners (and their homebuilders), who could afford to pay a decent amount, still hire the illegals. I do my best to report these outfits to the Builders Board, but I never know if the BB will get there in time to catch them, I do think there has been some success. Why don't other people do this? I feel like I am the only one.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

My point--proven again

My point--proven again---
    The greatest enemy we face is the enemy within. Businessmen who look at their personal desires and wealth and ignore the laws of our country for greater profit. What in God's name has happened to our country and its people? These same businessmen and women do not care a whit about our sovereignty or our survival. All they care about is enhancing their profits. This is treasonous. I predict their will be an independent country of Aztlan, comprised of 5 American states within 2-3 years. The CoC will not care a whit--it will be business and profits as usual.