Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MSNBC-Supremacist activity flourishes ????

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16995297/

NEW YORK - Huge street protests made millions of immigrants more visible and powerful last year, but they also seem to have revived a hateful counter force: white supremacists.

Groups linked to the Ku Klux Klan, skinheads and neo-Nazis grew significantly more active, holding more rallies, distributing leaflets and increasing their presence on the Internet — much of it focused on stirring anti-immigrant sentiment, a new report released by the Anti-Defamation League says.

“Extremist groups are good at seizing on whatever the hot button is of the day and twisting the message to get new members,” Deborah M. Lauter, ADL civil rights director, said Monday. “This one seems to be taking hold with more of mainstream America than we’d like to see.”

Old Klan chapters have been revived and new ones started throughout the South, historically the heart of the group, and in other places such as Michigan, Iowa and New Jersey, says the report, which was scheduled for official release Tuesday.

Last May in Alabama, an anti-immigration rally included slogans such as, “Let’s get rid of the Mexicans!” according to the document, titled “Ku Klux Klan Rebounds.”

“The Klan is increasingly cooperating with other extremist groups and Neo-Nazi groups,” Lauter said. “That’s a new phenomenon.”

Klan resurgent
    Between 2000 and 2005, hate groups mushroomed 33 percent and Klan chapters by 63 percent, according to Mark Potok, director of the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate crimes.

Precise data are difficult to pin down, but Potok’s group counts as many as 150 Klan chapters with up to 8,000 members nationwide. More than 800 hate groups exist around the country, Southern Poverty research shows.

In the late 1990s, memberships in such groups was crumbling as they lost leaders and struggled to organize, said Brian Levin, director of the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University, San Bernardino. Many hit bottom around 2000.

“Whenever you think the Klan is down and out, they find another way to reinvent themselves,” he said of the recent resurgence.

Historically, the Klan’s focus had been to terrorize African-Americans — through race riots, lynchings and other killings — but it reached peak membership at more than 4 million in the 1920s by focusing on immigration.

Irish then, Mexicans now
    Newcomers from Ireland and Germany were portrayed as Catholic usurpers invading the United States, taking jobs from native-born Americans and undermining national fabric, Levin said.

Said Potok: “It’s remarkable to look back at the nativist sentiments toward Catholics — it’s very similar to what we’re seeing with Mexicans now.”

Today, many white supremacists blame immigrants, particularly Hispanics, for crime, struggling schools or unemployment, for instance. With many Americans already divided on how to revamp laws and practices to address the nation’s swelling immigrant communities, immigration “is an issue that works for hate groups,” Potok said.

Many Latinos are feeling the effects firsthand. Last September, a Kentucky family originally from El Salvador found a wooden cross burning on their front lawn just weeks after they moved in. Earlier last year, a Latino teenager in Houston was brutally beaten and sodomized while one attacker screamed “White Power!” The victim barely survived, and one attacker was sentenced to life in prison.

‘The level of vitriol is new’
    “I’ve been doing (Hispanic advocacy work) for a long, long time and the atmosphere has never been as poisonous as it has been in the last few years,” said Lisa Navarrete, a vice president at the National Council of La Raza. “The level of vitriol is new.”

Increasingly, fear permeates many Hispanic communities as individuals and businesses are targeted. Last year, La Raza held a workshop at its annual convention titled “Keeping Our Institutions Safe.”

“It was very well attended,” Navarrete said. “Unfortunately.”
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Never thought of myself as a supremacist before........
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

La Raza (the race) wants to point fingers at supremacist groups??!! Pot calling kettle black, I think! Funny, I haven't read anything, anywhere about a KKK revival. I wonder just how true this is?

Today, many white supremacists blame immigrants, particularly Hispanics, for crime, struggling schools or unemployment, for instance.
    So, they are trying to label anyone who speaks out against illegal aliens, NOT immigrants, as a white supremacist?!

There was a 63 year old lady added to the long list of deaths caused by drunken illegal aliens, in Lexington, Ky., today. Maybe this has something to do with people's feelings about the crime category.

I am not a supremicist, but I do understand why they are coming out in force. La Raza should also understand why they are coming out. Naverette can't be that stupid, can she?

The flooding of American streets and the attempt to shut down America by boycotting "Gringo" was the straw that broke the camels back. They did nothing to help their cause by marching and demanding amnesty as they waved their Mexican flags. It was more than patriotic American's could take. They demanded and America said NO. Now it is time to get our goverment to listen to the American people and deport these criminals one at a time.

why do anyone care for what they say ?
    We all know our desire is to keep America alive.
    This P.C. is a disgrace, let them call us what they want, our conscience is clean.
    Don't let them intimidate you with false accusations, this was the weapon they used to bring us to this point.

Banned
    As pointed out by Rep. Charlie Norwood last year, it is La Raza and the subordinate MEChA that is racist:

MEChA isn't at all shy about their goals, or their views of other races. Their founding principles are contained in these words in "El Plan Espiritual de Aztlan" (The Spiritual Plan for Aztlan):

"In the spirit of a new people that is conscious not only of its proud historical heritage but also of the brutal gringo invasion of our territories, we, the Chicano inhabitants and civilizers of the northern land of Aztlan from whence came our forefathers, reclaiming the land of their birth and consecrating the determination of our people of the sun, declare that the call of our blood is our power, our responsibility, and our inevitable destiny. ... Aztlan belongs to those who plant the seeds, water the fields, and gather the crops and not to the foreign Europeans. ... We are a bronze people with a bronze culture. Before the world, before all of North America, before all our brothers in the bronze continent, we are a nation, we are a union of free pueblos, we are Aztlan. For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada."
    Norwood was spot on when he called on La Raza and its allied organizations to abandontheir racist past or else forfeit public funding:

La Raza defenders usually respond by calling anyone making these allegations "a racist" for having called attention to La Raza's racist links. All the groups and public officials with ties to the La Raza movement can take a big step towards disproving these allegations by simply following the examples of Senators Byrd and Thurmond and repenting of their past ways.

If they are unwilling to admit past misdeeds, they can at least state -- unequivocally -- that they officially oppose the racist and anti-American positions of MEChA, and any other groups that espouse similar views.

Through public appearances, written statements, and on their respective websites, La Raza groups and allies must:

1. Denounce the motto "For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada," as repugnant, racist, and totally incompatible with American society or citizenship.

2. Acknowledge the right of all Americans to live wherever they choose in the U.S. without segregation.

3. Commit to sponsorship of nationwide educational programs to combat racism and anti-Semitism in the Hispanic community.

4. Denounce and sever all ties with MEChA and any other organizations with which they have ever been associated which held to the racist doctrines held by MEChA.

5. Acknowledge the internationally recognized borders of the U.S., the right of the citizens of the U.S. to determine immigration policy through the democratic process, and the right of the U.S. to undertake any and all necessary steps to effectively enforce immigration law and defend its border against unauthorized entry.

6. Repudiate all claims that current American territory rightfully belongs to Mexico.

If the National Council of La Raza, other La Raza groups, and local and national political leaders with past ties and associations with the radical elements of the La Raza movement can publicly issue such a statement and live by every one of these principles, they should be welcomed into the American public policy arena, with past sins -- real or imaginary -- forgiven.

If they cannot publicly and fully support these principles, Congress needs to take appropriate steps and immediately bar any group refusing to comply from receiving any future federal funds. Both the House and Senate should strike these groups from testifying before any committees, and the White House should sever all ties. Both political parties should disengage from any further contact with these groups and individuals.

no the ADL (your local communist party) does not say anything about the racist groups such as La Raza .
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think this has escaladed due to the prisons and gangs. In California prisons you have gangs divided by race. The whites basically said that they are protecting what is left of their race and were mostly against the Hispanics. Their name had Nazis in it but I don't recall what it was. This was actually in a documentry on Pelican Bay Prison and they spoke to one of them. If it is happening in one prison I am sure it happens in others as well.
    As for LaRaza it is a Hispanic supremacy group in my opinion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    La Raza (the race) wants to point fingers at supremacist groups??!! Pot calling kettle black, I think! Funny, I haven't read anything, anywhere about a KKK revival. I wonder just how true this is?

Today, many white supremacists blame immigrants, particularly Hispanics, for crime, struggling schools or unemployment, for instance.
    So, they are trying to label anyone who speaks out against illegal aliens, NOT immigrants, as a white supremacist?!

There was a 63 year old lady added to the long list of deaths caused by drunken illegal aliens, in Lexington, Ky., today. Maybe this has something to do with people's feelings about the crime category.
    Gofer when I first joined ALIPAC and stated that the Klan was alive and well, I was immediately pounced upon and called all of kinds of names and ordered to provide a link and when I did I was still suspect. This article further proves my point, the Klan is alive and well. The fact that they are does not make us racists or Klan supporters, however I think those of us on the anti-illegal side of the fence have to stop being so defensive when this issue is brought to the forefront as a reason for our stance against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION and work on finding more productive ways to disprove any association with such groups. Even though I am white after being attacked for merely posting what I later had to prove was true that old phrase . . . . thou protest too much was ringing in my ears and I have to honestly say the defensive posturing left me wondering why I was personally attacked in such a manner. Its not what you say it's how you say it.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Gofer when I first joined ALIPAC and stated that the Klan was alive and well, I was immediately pounced upon and called all of kinds of names and ordered to provide a link and when I did I was still suspect.
    ?? I must have missed that post...you got a link to it?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast