Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

National Guardsmen Rewarded For Running and Hiding!

Lou mentioned this on his show yesterday:

http://www.americandaily.com/article/17419

National Guardsmen Rewarded For Running and Hiding!
    By Dave Gibson (01/25/07)

The National Guard unit which earlier this month retreated from a Mexican raiding party, will receive medals commemorating their defeat. Apparently, President Bush is pleased that our soldiers are following his orders to forget their oath to protect this nation...the same way he has!

On January 3rd, an armed paramilitary group of six to eight men, crossed the border into the United States and over-ran a National Guard post located near Sasabe, AZ. The Guardsmen from Tennessee quickly packed up their equipment, jumped into their truck, and fled the scene. That sorry action by the Guardsmen clearly demonstrated what our president has instructed them to do...NOTHING!

Tennessee National Guard spokesman Randy Harris told the Associated Press: "The soldiers did exactly what their mission was. to pull back if they're approached by armed personnel coming across the border."

In an award ceremony set to take place within a few days, the Tennessee National Guardsmen will be presented with an Army commendation or achievement medal for their actions.

The office of Gov. Janet Napolitano (D-AZ) recently released a report to the Associated Press which praised the Tennessee National Guard unit for fleeing the scene in the face of an armed incursion into the Unite States. The report said: "We see this as a triumph of the training, discipline, and professionalism of the Guardsmen performing their mission."

With the wrongful imprisonment of Border Patrol Agents Ramos and Compean and now National Guardsmen being rewarded for retreating from Mexican raiding parties, it is obvious as Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) recently said "our president has chosen the side of our enemy. "

American presidents used to award medals to young soldiers for acts of bravery, today they award them to our soldiers for their complicity.

I forgot to add this comment to the article: I do not believe the National Guardsmen were being "complicit" they were just following orders. The phrasing kind of sounds that way. I wouldn't want to post anything that would denegrate them in any way. They're just doing their job.

I agree, they were doing their job, and no fault of their own. I would like our government to step up and take action though. Lou looked thoroughly disgusted last night. We are turning into France.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    I agree, they were doing their job, and no fault of their own. I would like our government to step up and take action though. Lou looked thoroughly disgusted last night. We are turning into France.
    What do you expect when elementary school competitions aren't even allowed to have winners anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    What do you expect when elementary school competitions aren't even allowed to have winners anymore?
    Yeah, I am not sure what is worse, the "no competition" or "everybody gets a ribbon". When I was a kid (yeah, here we go...) everybody joined in, there was only one winner, and the rest of us lived throught it. Sure, I am in therapy now, but at least I don't rock back and forth anymore.

Yeah, I am not sure what is worse, the "no competition" or "everybody gets a ribbon". When I was a kid (yeah, here we go...) everybody joined in, there was only one winner, and the rest of us lived throught it. Sure, I am in therapy now, but at least I don't rock back and forth anymore.

Banned
    Yeah, and where would my unchecked ego be without all those ribbons and trophies?

Yeah, and where would my unchecked ego be without all those ribbons and trophies?
    Apparently, right here with us. LOL!! What are you doing hanging out with us? I thought you had important visitors today.

Banned
    Apparently, right here with us. LOL!! What are you doing hanging out with us? I thought you had important visitors today.
    I posted before the flight came in and now after having dropped them at the hotel.