Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NE: Longtime fugitive quickly arrested

Published Friday | April 25, 2008
    NE: Longtime fugitive quickly arrested
    KEVIN COLE
    WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

Talk about hot on the trail.

The U.S. Marshal's Office in Omaha needed just three hours Thursday to round up a 58-year-old man after receiving a warrant charging him with murder in Mexico.

Jesus Ramirez Aguilar was arrested about 2 p.m. at an Omaha meatpacking plant. Deputy U.S. Marshal Brandon Van Buskirk said the man was arrested without incident, but declined to identify the plant.

"About 10:55 (a.m.) today, we received a provisional warrant from Mexican officials for the arrest of Mr. Aguilar," Van Buskirk said. "We had people already out . . . and it was just one of those deals where everything moved very quickly."

Mexican law enforcement officials had been looking for Aguilar for nearly 12 years.

He is charged in the shooting deaths of two people in Guanajuato, Mexico, on Dec. 1, 1996. A warrant was issued for his arrest Feb. 26, 1997.

Guanajuato is a state in the central highlands of Mexico.

Van Buskirk said he did not know how Mexican officials traced Aguilar to Omaha, but it appeared that he "might've been in the area for quite some time."

There is no evidence that Aguilar committed any crimes here, Van Buskirk said.

He said he did not know whether Aguilar is in the country legally.

Van Buskirk said Aguilar would be held "somewhere in the area" until extradition proceedings are completed.
    If your ILLEGAL...get out of my country...get out of my state...get out of my community...get out of my face!...otherwise, have a nice day!
    http://nebraskaobserver.wordpress.com/

Outstanding another Mexican murderer bites it!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)