Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New City killing prompts calls for background info

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs ... 30304/1019

New City killing prompts calls for background info

By SUZAN CLARKE AND LEAH RAE
    lrae@thejournalnews.com
    THE JOURNAL NEWS
    (Original publication: May 23, 2005)

In the weeks since the slaying of a New City woman and the arrest of a man working outside her home, residents and lawmakers have been searching for measures that could somehow prevent similar crimes.

But the ideas vary widely, and critics are warning against knee-jerk reactions that would penalize whole groups for one horrific crime. In a letter to his county legislator, Suffern locksmith Randy Ortiz suggested mandatory background checks for every home-improvement contracting employee in Rockland County.

Suspect Ronald Douglas Herrera Castellanos, Ortiz noted, had been wanted since September 2002 on a warrant charging him with assaulting his girlfriend.

"That's what got me thinking," Ortiz said, "that if there were background checks, this particular person would not have been able to do that â€â€

I wonder if it's occurred to them that background checks are done for the legal immigrant. It's when you have so much illegal immigration that the ordinary things become 'impossible', 'impractical, 'too expensive'. Hey...just let 'em run amuck in this country and let the citizens fall where they may. As Mrs. Nagle did. Kudos to our government.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

background checks

It seems everyone is immuned to crimes commited by illegals. Nobody wants to take responsibility. Everyone is pointing the finger at everyone else. No one will accept they had anything to do with what illegal an alien does. If you are going to turn a blind eye to any illegal, who is a criminal for being here in the first place, what else would you 'pretend' not to see?
    When one of us sees an illegal alien threatening the lives of our family, and we shoot to kill, where will everyone be then? What side will our law enforcement be on? Our side or their side? It seems that all kinds of measures are built in to protect illegal aliens. What measures, if any, are being made to protect legal citizens from these criminals?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Given the fact that I've got 1,600 home-improvement contractors, 300 plumbers that we license and 150 electricians that go into people's homes on a day-to-day basis, if you figure conservatively anywhere from three to five employees, that would be in excess of 10,000 background checks that would have to be performed. ... From a practical point of view, I don't know how you do 10,000 background checks at any given time," Grosselfinger said.

"And number two, there's substantial questions of whether that would be violative of someone's civil rights."
    How many are illegal, grosselfinger (what a name)? Start with them. I hope this family brings suit against you and the others involved in this travesty. Once they put your sorry posterior in jail, we will see how "practical" it would have been. What civil rights? Those are reserved for CITIZENS. How about the "civil rights" of this mother? Oh, she wouldn't work for $5.15 an hour so I guess her rights don't count. Vile, Criminal, and STUPID. And those are just the words that are fit to print.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN