Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Democrat Strategy Muddy Waters On Illegal Immigration.

I guess they still think we are stupid. There is a comment section below the story at the link.

http://matthewyglesias.theatlantic.com/ ... ration.php

Fear of Immigration

03 Nov 2007 08:25 am

EJ Dionne runs down the atmosphere of fear and dread in Democratic circles that being painted as soft on illegal immigration will wreck the party's fortunes. My sense is that a lot of folks in town are furrowing their brows trying to think of a way to thread the policy needle here. What I wonder is whether these concerned couldn't be effectively blunted with cheap political rhetoric and a minor dose of dishonesty. How hard is it, really, to just say something like "the Bush Republicans have had eight years to get the borders under control and things just get worse and worse; from Katrina to Iraq to no-bid contracts back to immigration these guys can't do anything right."

That doesn't really mean anything, sure, but insofar as the goal is just to muddy the waters and prevent public outrage from overwhelming everything else it seems viable to me. In general, it shouldn't be easy for the GOP to ride in on a wave of outrage at their own party's inability to enforce immigration law. Sure, Bush actually broke with his party over this, but professional ad men exist to confuse people about this kind of nuance.

Speaking as a former Democrat here...

Yes, agreed. Thanks Mr. Dionne. Deep down, I believe most Dems (especially US Congress members) are quietly terrified by the whole immigration issue. A few brave ones have decided to 'stand up' for law enforcement and put the pandering aside (sadly, too few however).

Whether they fear the public backlash from ethnically-focused lobby groups, or, the private one from within their own ranks regarding recruiting presumed additional Democratic party members... well, they are on the proverbial 'hot seat' for sure.

Most simply can not bring themselves to shun pandering in support of law enforcement. To them, it is morally 'justified' to enforce and expect people to obey, only laws that everyone can deem 'just and fair' (read into that, whatever you will). On the flip side... where is the outrage over 'white-collar' crime enforcement?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I probably should have avoided following the link you provided, Bulldogger. Thanks for causing a temporary rise in my blood pressure.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is the comment I left at the link!! I had alot to say!

THIS HAS TURNED INTO AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION DEBATE!!

The reasons our laws are not getting enforced is... votes, pandering to special interest groups, and corporations.

It is time to stop thinking on party lines, know your canidates and vote for the people who put America and Americans first!

This is an invasion,and it is costing Americans billion in your tax dollars. Our schools are over crowded with illegal aliens at the detriment of our childrens education.

Our Hospitals are going broke and health care cost is on the rise, why? because we are being expected to pay for the medical care of 20 million illegal aliens.

Crime is on the rise all over the country and we the taxpayer are expected to catch, convict, and pay for legal fees and incareration of Mexico and central America's criminals.

Mexico and Central America are pushing their poor off on the Middle class of American and we are coming apart at the seams.

Race has nothing to do with this at all, we are the most diverse country on the planet, we take in more legal immigrants in one year than any other country.

People who play the race card never use facts. Groups like La Raza are the racist! We the people are fighting for our country, racist like La Raza are fighting for a Race, their Race ( Everything for the Race, nothing for anyone else) This is as racist as you can get.

The Race card is also played by people who have an agenda, such as staying in the U.S. illegaly, or hopeing for the insane idea of another amnesty. So ignore it, don't fall for it.

There is only one reasonable way and that is attrition through enforcement. Take away the magnets and they will self deport!It is already working in states where they are enforcing laws, we must stand strong and together, it will work!

But we better stand together on this as Americans or we are going to lose our country, America better wake up!!"United we Stand, Divided we Fall"

What they would like to do is "Divide and Conquer" We are loseing America with out a shot ever being fired, we are simple giving it up!!Learn the real facts about impact of illegal immigration and get involved at (alipac dot us.) It is time to take a stand Americans!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

And even worse than the Republicans, is the Democratic packed Congress that didn't get it done so the Republican president could sign it. Real bad case of two pots calling a kettle black.

It was the Democratic strategy to take control of the congress this last election by saying look, look they are not getting anything done... and we can. Well hell, look at the mess now, it's worse. At leaste before the election the congress was functioning, now it's all crapped out and Harry Reid can do nothing but finger point at the Republicans but he keeps bringing the same damn bill up that will not pass and wasteing time. That's the real reason nothing is getting done, it's been bottle necked by Replay Reid. I'm not even going to start in on Facelift Pelosi.

The Democratic leadership is the problem.

Just to let you know, Hillary is running around still promising the same change they promised last time. People, don't buy that BS. They can't get it done.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)