Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by blkkat99
    nntrixie "mija" means daughter..
    I thought hija was daughter - just goes to show you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Brown is the New White"
    That is outrageous and uncalled for!!! That is a racist comment!

I emailed and called and gave them a piece of my mind.

William...we CAN'T let this go on!! "Brown is the new white" is just...well, I'm just speechless.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I really have no problem with two of the shirts, but "Brown is the new white" is clearly offensive...that's what they think of their white shoppers?

Quote Originally Posted by WesternMA
    I really have no problem with two of the shirts, but "Brown is the new white" is clearly offensive...that's what they think of their white shoppers?
    The only problem I really have is that so many white people have been so intimidated by our government and speech patrol that we won't even speak out against outrages and yet, this is OK.

This is clearly something other than a desire to 'assimilate'.

It is 'in your face' - and it shows Macy's distain for the American people, and it is plainly pandering.

If only Americans would stay out of Macy's and let the HIspanics be their customers, it would be good. See how long the honeymoon lasts.

Unfortunately, we won't.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternMA
    The only problem I really have is that so many white people have been so intimidated by our government and speech patrol that we won't even speak out against outrages and yet, this is OK.

This is clearly something other than a desire to 'assimilate'.

It is 'in your face' - and it shows Macy's distain for the American people, and it is plainly pandering.

If only Americans would stay out of Macy's and let the HIspanics be their customers, it would be good. See how long the honeymoon lasts.

Unfortunately, we won't.
    I will. I won't be going back to that store....ever.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

JAK
    "Brown is the New White"
    I was tossed around to several people. Finally I spoke with Bill who told me this was just a saying to target young latinos! Ha!! This is clearly a racist comment. He was sorry that it offended me. I informed him I would be passing this on to everyone I know!!!! ...and I hope they get on the boycott list...as far as I am concerned they are on my list!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

"Brown is the New White"

Is certainly putting infisis on race. Like someone else said, it's not a milk choice at school or a dip of ice cream they are talking about. It's skin color.

I hope they buy and wear the damn shirts so everyone will see the individual for what they are... a racist.

Black and White never go out of style?

Dixie

Here's the email I sent to them:

I want to voice a complaint about your new line of T-shirts about to hit your stores from Mexico City-based NaCo apparel company. I am greatly dismayed and frankly disgusted that you would sell a T-shirt that is clearly a racist statement. I am referring to the t-shirt that reads, "Brown is the new white." I am disgusted that you will promote racists statements in a greedy move to earn more profits from the Hispanic population. You would never get away with a racist statement such as "white is the new brown" or "white is the new black," so it is no different to turn the tables and use a different race with the same statement. I have no problem with the other Hispanic themed T-shirts that you are due to release from this company, but the "brown is the new white" is highly offensive to me and I'm sure many other people. At this moment I am refusing to buy another product from your store, and am advising all my friends and family to pass this information on and also refrain from buy from your store, until you remove this offensive T-shirt from your product line. There is already a boycott movement sweeping across the internet, and hundreds are already outraged over this T-shirt, and with the swiftness of emails and message boards, rest assured that I will not be the first or the last to complain about this T-shirt. Can you afford to lose so many customers simply to cater to a particular ethnic group? I think not. Thank you for your time, Texas Gal (I of course used my real name).

I tried calling that number, but the customer service agent said he couldn't take the complain and sent me on to the "corporate office" number, which was only the Macy's Credit Card number.

TexasGal

Hey Guys the good news is they sucked so bad and failed so miserably here they have no choice but to pander to the illegal alien population in order to survive. The rumor in Chicago is:

CHICAGO -- Rumors swirled Friday that Macy's could be sold to private-equity buyers this weekend, leading experts to speculate that Macy's flagship store on State Street could be shuttered and sold, or returned to its Marshall Field's origins.

Shares of Macy's, the Cincinnati-based owner of Macy's and Bloomingdale's stores, jumped as high as 10.3 percent to $43.11 on Friday before ending the day up 6.6 percent at $41.43, on Wall Street rumors that it could fetch a bid of more than $30 billion.

The likely buyers, at a rumored $52 a share, were Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, the buyout firm famous for its takeover of RJR Nabisco in the 1980s, and Goldman Sachs Group, Macy's longtime investment banker.

Spokespeople for Macy's, KKR and Goldman Sachs declined comment.

Another rumor had Allen Questrom, the retail veteran who turned around JC Penney and mentored Macy's CEO Terry Lundgren, as involved in a takeover deal. Questrom, a senior adviser for Lee Equity Partners in New York, did not return a telephone call.

Macy's is an obvious choice for takeover because it has valuable real estate, steady cash flow, lagging sales in its newly converted Macy's stores, and undervalued shares that fail to reflect its value, experts said Friday.

"It's a big-name brand, a blue-chip asset in retail. It would be interesting for private equity to own," said Marc Weinberger, head trader at W. Quillen Securities in New York.

Retail expert Howard Davidowitz said new owners could sell the Macy's flagship on State Street for its tremendous real estate value, and further the breakup of big department stores on State Street. Carson Pirie Scott & Co. shuttered its 102-year-old flagship at 1 S. State St. in February, and the building is being divided for smaller, as-yet-unnamed retailers and entertainment uses.

Filene's historic flagship in Boston, shuttered last year by Macy's, was bought by a private-equity firm and is being converted into a multi-use building with specialty retailers, condos, hotel and office space.

New owners could also change Macy's back to Field's, said Frederick Schmitt, principal with the Sage Group in Los Angeles.

Macy's would join a host of other retailers gobbled up by private-equity firms with money to burn.

Other retailers bought by private-equity firms include Lord & Taylor, Neiman Marcus, Michael's, Claire's, Mervyn's, Linens 'N Things, and, on Friday, Barney's New York.

Copyright 2007, Sun-Times News Group
    http://www.nbc5.com/news/13557463/detail.html
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGal
    Here's the email I sent to them:

I want to voice a complaint about your new line of T-shirts about to hit your stores from Mexico City-based NaCo apparel company. I am greatly dismayed and frankly disgusted that you would sell a T-shirt that is clearly a racist statement. I am referring to the t-shirt that reads, "Brown is the new white." I am disgusted that you will promote racists statements in a greedy move to earn more profits from the Hispanic population. You would never get away with a racist statement such as "white is the new brown" or "white is the new black," so it is no different to turn the tables and use a different race with the same statement. I have no problem with the other Hispanic themed T-shirts that you are due to release from this company, but the "brown is the new white" is highly offensive to me and I'm sure many other people. At this moment I am refusing to buy another product from your store, and am advising all my friends and family to pass this information on and also refrain from buy from your store, until you remove this offensive T-shirt from your product line. There is already a boycott movement sweeping across the internet, and hundreds are already outraged over this T-shirt, and with the swiftness of emails and message boards, rest assured that I will not be the first or the last to complain about this T-shirt. Can you afford to lose so many customers simply to cater to a particular ethnic group? I think not. Thank you for your time, Texas Gal (I of course used my real name).

I tried calling that number, but the customer service agent said he couldn't take the complain and sent me on to the "corporate office" number, which was only the Macy's Credit Card number.

TexasGal
    Good letter.

Actually, I do take offense at all the shirts because I know what they are really saying. The intent is the same as 'brown is the new white'.

It seems if there is no where to lodge a complaint, maybe they have already been getting some calls and have put up a barrier.

Of course, I won't buy from Macy's, but then I haven't in many, many years anyway so they won't loose anything.

Doesn't Macy's own other dept stores, though?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast