Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yes, Macy's is owned by Federated Dept stores that owns, Bloomingdale's, May (some of those are now Macy's), Filene's and Lord and Taylor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    I called 415 954 6000 and asked to be transfered to the corporate office!
    (In San Fransisco!) I spoke with Bill.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What did Bill say?

JAK
    See above.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Strange marketing...Texas and Atlanta? I can understand Texas, but why Atlanta? Georgia just passed draconian anti-illegal legislation!

Here in CA we have something just as bad...."RAZA BABIES"... a very expensive, upscale line of infant and children's clothing. Every item has a different saying...in Spanish, of course!

They have to be crazy selling this crap for $24.95 especially since it's Hecho en Mexico! Probably cost $2.00 to manufacture! I don't think many Latinas are going to pay $24.95! Most of them shop at swap meets!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Strange marketing...Texas and Atlanta? I can understand Texas, but why Atlanta? Georgia just passed draconian anti-illegal legislation!

Here in CA we have something just as bad...."RAZA BABIES"... a very expensive, upscale line of infant and children's clothing. Every item has a different saying...in Spanish, of course!

They have to be crazy selling this crap for $24.95 especially since it's Hecho en Mexico! Probably cost $2.00 to manufacture! I don't think many Latinas are going to pay $24.95! Most of them shop at swap meets!
    I think a lot of them will buy these shirts - or could if they choose.

A lot of the illegals drive very nice cars and have good jobs.

The picture the media wants to paint of them all being field workers, construction workers, or day laborers is really not the facts. They are moving up the economic ladder faster than lightning. It is very odd.

Here's my email

I just saw an article about you carrying some latino-influenced t-shirts from Mexico City-based NaCo apparel company. I was highly offended by the shirt that says "Brown is the new White". What does this mean exactly? I find it to be a very derrogatory and demeaning remark.

I will definately not shop at your stores ever again. I hope you are happy with your new low-class image.
    I've read all the posts above but I still really don't get what "Brown is the new White" is supposed to mean.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

From the NaCo website:
    Naco is originally a derogative term used by upper and middle class Mexicans to describe things and people they felt were way beneath them in terms of hipness, taste and economic status. It's usually employed as a synonym for "poor & ignorant", but Naco-ness knows no economic or educational boundaries.

Naco-ness is about complete earnestness. The typical Naco is very passionate bout his/hers likes. They will argue for hours on end that Quiet Riot is, indeed, the best band ever, after Creedence Clearwater Revival, of course. Their dislikes are irrelevant.

Naco-ness is a style that goes beyond kitsch, camp or plain old cheesiness. It is very spiritual in its acceptance of the Self, and so, if one's Self wants to dress in unbuttoned brightly colored shiny shirts, skin-tight faded black jeans, gold chains, white socks and black shoes, topped off by a magnificent mullet, so be it.

Naco is more a state of mind. It's more a self assured disregard for what others think is cool without being arrogant or closeminded. Naco-ness is about being your own person regardless of if you're ever in the right or not. Ultimately, Naconess is about being yourself...
    http://www.usanaco.com/news/default.asp?contentID=574

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Here's my email

I just saw an article about you carrying some latino-influenced t-shirts from Mexico City-based NaCo apparel company. I was highly offended by the shirt that says "Brown is the new White". What does this mean exactly? I find it to be a very derrogatory and demeaning remark.

I will definately not shop at your stores ever again. I hope you are happy with your new low-class image.
    I've read all the posts above but I still really don't get what "Brown is the new White" is supposed to mean.
    It means that are taking over ----

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Here's my email

It means that are taking over ----
    I hear ya, but I don't see it that way. I have a bunch of cynical comments but I think they may be too borderline to post.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast