Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'No comment' to Dean challenge to 'have morality'

WND AT THE WHITE HOUSE
    'No comment' to Dean challenge to 'have morality'
    Bush spokeswoman stays away from 'illegal alien' dispute

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: December 12, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

The White House will have no comment on Howard Dean's challenge to "have some morality and some humanity" and stop calling illegal aliens illegal aliens, Bush's spokeswoman said.

The response came from White House spokeswoman Dan Perino after the issue was reported by the Washington Times. The newspaper report cited a conference telephone call with media representatives in which Dean, the chairman of the Democratic National Committee, said Republicans are targeting immigrants and their comments have become "outrageous."

"Stop scapegoating immigrants and stop using immigration as a wedge issue," Dean said during the call. He said Republicans in their recent presidential campaign debates have used "outrageous phrases like 'illegal aliens'" and he urged candidates to "have some morality and some humanity."

Les Kinsolving, WND's correspondent at the White House, then asked Perino:

"The Washington Times reports that during a conference call with reporters, Democrat National Chairman declared that during a recent debate, Republicans used outrageous phrases like 'illegal aliens.' And my question: Does the president agree with Chairman Dean that it is outrageous to describe lawbreakers as illegal aliens?" he asked.

"I think it's – I actually think that it's a legally defined term. But the president has set out a path on immigration, and I'm not going to comment any further on Howard Dean's comments," she said.

Republicans largely have adopted a perspective of enforcing the nation's border laws first as a priority, after a comprehensive immigration reform plan endorsed by President Bush that would have created new paths to citizenship for illegals was rejected in Congress.

The rejection followed a massive outcry by voters.

The Times report said even many Democrats in Congress "have adopted the same enforcement-only approach Republicans advocate."
    http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=59156
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"outrageous phrases like 'illegal aliens'

I thought that was what the government called them - as in the immigration laws.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Stop scapegoating immigrants and stop using immigration as a wedge issue," Dean said during the call. He said Republicans in their recent presidential campaign debates have used "outrageous phrases like 'illegal aliens'" and he urged candidates to "have some morality and some humanity."

So, has Mr. Dean personally funded a medical clinic somwehere in Latin America?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Howard Dean's challenge to "have some morality and some humanity" and stop calling illegal aliens illegal aliens,
    http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/int ... 36,00.html

Official US government definition:
    Illegal Alien
    Also known as an "Undocumented Alien," is an alien who has entered the United States illegally and is deportable if apprehended, or an alien who entered the United States legally but who has fallen "out of status" and is deportable.

Until now I never knew why the symbol for the Democratic was the donkey, Now I understand.

Man in newspaper post invented the name "crimmigrants".

Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.
    Benjamin Franklin
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin