Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This story has actually made it to the AOL homepage. It's not one of the main items, but it is on the first page under the story about a large object jetisoned from the space station that is supposed to re-enter the atmoshere late Sunday.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fox broke it this morning. I've sent it to Rush, Glenn Beck, Cavuto, O'Reilly, Prager, Larsen, oops need to send to Greta, and all of my email address book. My hubby's going to hit it at work today. He's got libs turning there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just one more person he wants us to share OUR wealth with... cause he and his lovely wife can't be bothered!
    He not only wants us to share the wealth here.....remember he's with the bunch that wants us to fix World Poverty......on our dime. Well....more of our dimes. Forget how much we give already as a country and on personal contributions through a variety of places.

It seems everyone that is for this amnesty, has a personal reason why, which clouds the bigger picture of what this is doing to our country on a whole.

People talk of family values and yet the ones screaming it aren't dealing with their own......or else they are and expecting us to compensate them for it by using all the freebie programs intended for citizens.

I caught a small part of Rush's show yesterday and he talked about this story, but I didn't hear him mention the illegal status aspect (at least not in the part I heard).

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I caught a small part of Rush's show yesterday and he talked about this story, but I didn't hear him mention the illegal status aspect (at least not in the part I heard).
    Don't worry on Monday he'll hit it big.

The problem is all of that early voting. Of course those are the people who already made up their mind. It's the independence like me that vote at the last minute to make sure they as much info as they can get.

It was not immediately clear how Onyango might have qualified for public housing with a standing deportation order.
    Did she show a BOGUS ID to get public housing? Maybe she should be charged with fraud too.

10 million people like that live in America. Find them and deport every last one of them! We should stop all immigration until we get rid of ALL of the people who shouldnt be here.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Campaign: Obama didn't know aunt's immigration status

* Story Highlights
    * NEW: Democratic congressman demands investigation of leak
    * Half-sister of candidate's father should have left 4 years ago, AP reports
    * She has been living in public housing in Boston, according to AP
    * Her small campaign contributions appear to violate law

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama didn't know his aunt might be living illegally in the United States, as media outlets are reporting, his campaign said Saturday.

"Sen. Obama has no knowledge of her status but obviously believes that any and all appropriate laws [should] be followed," campaign spokesman Bill Burton said.

According to The Associated Press, a court refused four years ago to accept the asylum application of Zeituni Onyango, 56, the half-sister of Obama's Kenyan father. However, she has continued to live in a public housing complex in South Boston, AP reported.

Onyango's refusal to leave the country would be an administrative violation, not a criminal matter.

CNN has not been able to independently verify her immigration status. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Kelly Nantel said the agency "is prohibited from commenting on any individual's status."

Democratic U.S. Rep. John Conyers of Michigan fired off a letter asking Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff to investigate whether someone leaked the information to the media in an effort to damage Obama.

"The AP reports that it 'could not establish whether anyone at a political level in the Bush administration or in the McCain campaign had been involved,' a very disturbing (suggestion) indeed," read the letter from Conyers, who is chairman of the House Judiciary Committee.

"This leak is deplorable and I urge you to take immediate action to investigate and discipline those responsible."

The Department of Homeland Security had no immediate response to the letter.

The Obama campaign did not indicate whether Obama has been in touch with his aunt, whom he describes in his book "Dreams from My Father."

The Boston Housing Authority did not return calls or an e-mail from CNN on Saturday.

No one answered calls Saturday to a phone number listed under Onyango's name.

In his book, Obama writes of meeting his aunt when he visited Kenya as a young man.

"A tall, brown-skinned woman was smiling beside us, and Auma [Obama's half-sister] turned and said, 'Barack, this is Auntie Zeituni. Our father's sister," Obama wrote.

"'Welcome home,' Zeituni said, kissing me on both cheeks."

It is not clear when Onyango arrived in the United States.

She told the London Times that she travels back and forth between the United States and Kenya.

"I have been coming to America ever since 1975. I always come and go," the Times quoted her as saying.

Onyango has donated at least five times to Obama's campaign in July and September, listing her occupation as a "volunteer resident health advocate." Federal campaign finance records indicate several contributions in amounts of $5 and $25.

The gifts would appear to violate federal campaign finance law, which prohibits political donations by non-U.S. citizens.

"The responsibility is the campaign's to ensure the funds they receive are from permissible sources in appropriate amounts," Bob Biersack, a spokesman for the Federal Election Commission, told The Times of London.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/01/ ... index.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 061593.ece

They are covering this growing story as well.

Oyama Zimbaba

D'ya suppose the Barackster simply didn't KNOW his Awn-TEE was dwelling here. I mean, he probably assumed she returned four years ago when she was denied asylum. I mean, that COULD have happened...couldn't it? Well, if he says so, then we KNOW it's true, because if there is ONE thing the Messiah NEVER does, it's prevaricate!

Democratic U.S. Rep. John Conyers of Michigan fired off a letter asking Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff to investigate whether someone leaked the information to the media in an effort to damage Obama.
    Obviously, Democratic U.S. Rep. John Conyers of Michigan doesn't think the American people have a right to know this information, especially since Obama advocates giving amnesty to those who have entered this country in violation of our immigration laws, which ironically, would seem to perhaps benefit his illegal auntie!

Notice, how he does not demand an investigation to determine why this scofflaw is still in this country, FOUR Years after a letter of deportation was issued against her, in addition to her somehow qualifying for public housing! How about that investigation!!!

What a disgrace!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast